• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#1 Jaypbs

Jaypbs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:06 PM

Came across this. Looks like Armson South Africa will be getting back into manufacturing markers in 2011, starting with a mechanical scenario style marker - check the pic of the prototype.

Attached Files

#2 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 07:43 AM

wow, that's a wicked looking marker. Looks like it's QLoader ready, bottle can go front or back

go Armson!

#3 aveenvp

aveenvp

The friendly Aristocrat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 08:13 AM

First after mike! so it looks like it doesn't have a reg?
Does anyone play in Maryland? Shoot me a PM and add me as a friend.

I don't have petpeeves, I just have random psychotic fucking rages.

MARYLAND BALLERS FTW

#4 galleon

galleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 08:42 AM

Very nice. :)

#5 fallenwings28

fallenwings28

K&OJ = Bliss.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:26 AM

hmm wondering what kind of internals they're using ...

Slick looking gun
Canadianballersclub.

#6 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 12:16 PM

woah look at the asa front and back... how does that work out? :blink:

#7 P51

P51

..you want mirrion dorrar?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 12:35 PM

Ooh, me likey. Any idea what it's going to cost?

That's a cool idea with the double ASA, makes the stock actually usable :D

Success is my only mothafuckin' option, failure's not
P51's Feedback

#8 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 12:43 PM

very nice how much??? ;)

yea I kept seeing banner ads for asianbeaver.com until I cleared my cache

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#9 chadders

chadders

brb getting more tea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 12:43 PM

island style semi intresting, twin tank isnt new though vm's had that still 2 tanks(48/3k and 68/45) would be fun

uk field list http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=122343 (work in progress) [Yankee Paintball] Mine's a little bigger then cute
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=146647 my mod app, help me help you(if you want if not then have a good day)

bit its a karnivor... only way to make it look good is to cut it up, lol

win

#10 smithers

smithers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 01:28 PM

Here I am sitting in the sticks and I know nothing about a local marker! I fail!

My brother found a 16" Armson barrel for his Spyder a while ago and it shot "arrows". That is still one of my favorite barrels. We have an old Armson pump with a 16" barrel too but with a fairly new SLG(4 boxes), Rotor etc it stays on the wall of the shop.

Any link to source? We're having a social event tomorrow so I'll ask the locals if they know anything about this marker.

Edited by smithers, 18 December 2010 - 01:49 PM.

Clear Dye Proto PMR 2010(a new one), Pure Energy 68ci/4500psi Fiber Wrapped, Camo Dye Rotor 2010

Local supplier brought in the EXTCY with t he UK board = FAIL so enter the PMR with PROTO ULTRALIGHT 14"

#11 Jaypbs

Jaypbs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 02:00 PM

I had a chat to the owner of Armson here in SA and also a buddy of mine who is involved in the 2011 product development for them, and here's some info.

The entire development has been going on for some months now in secret. Two prototypes are currently finished and in testing. They've only just started releasing info to the players. There are some key industry people in SA that have been involved behind the scenes with ideas for the markers.

Initially, the new semi auto model will be pretty much based entirely on the original Armson semi auto design. The old design was a blow forward style licensed from AGD.

Don't rule out the return of the Armson pump marker later on.

Full production of Armson barrels will also happen... from what I hear, a new design is being worked on.

Earliest release date for the semi auto is March 2011. No pricing released as yet.

Plans for a new semi auto marker are also in the works - ideas include a breach module that allows for left, right or center feed neck; new style grip frame (though keeping the back or forward bottle option), also a possible mag or box feed system.

I started out in the 90's here in South Africa with Armson products and cant wait for their return to paintball!

#12 Raptor

Raptor

Your gene pool could use a little chlorine.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 02:13 PM

Licensed from AGD? Ooo, that sounds interesting..

#13 smithers

smithers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 02:15 PM

Sweet news!

Try get the guys to get a prototype to the Golden Hours range in Durbs tomorrow. Game starts at 11:30. I'll sponsor a prototype a box of paint and air/co2!(like they need the paint but it's the only carrot I can think of right now.) Bush/Speedball range will be perfect for the marker. Should be some new bunkers on the range too if all goes according to whats been said.

Clear Dye Proto PMR 2010(a new one), Pure Energy 68ci/4500psi Fiber Wrapped, Camo Dye Rotor 2010

Local supplier brought in the EXTCY with t he UK board = FAIL so enter the PMR with PROTO ULTRALIGHT 14"

#14 Jaypbs

Jaypbs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 02:25 PM

I don't think a prototype will make it to Durban for tomorrow. I've been trying hard to get one down my way in Port Elizabeth for ages... but I guess all the testing is being done at Armson down in the Cape. Last time I chatted to them the markers were going for anodizing. Looks like 3 colors will be available - black, olive and a tan/brown to start.

Another idea they mentioned was to use the old AGD Warp Drive technology in a box mag that would slide onto the under rail.

The ASA is rather simple to use... you can run a bottle on the front or back, and simply use an included screw in plug to block off the side you not using. Alternatively for longer games you can actually run 2 botttles at the same time. At one stage I ran two 20oz's on my Armson for a scenario game - was heavy, but I remember shooting out almost a case of paint on it.

Edited by Jaypbs, 18 December 2010 - 02:31 PM.

#15 smithers

smithers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 02:46 PM

Getting to Durbs was a long shot but I'd love to see the marker. I see it's going to be very close to the original, I've seen that so I suppose it's a case of hurry up and wait for the new marker... I'm interested to see how they match mechanicals to the 39bps capability...

I'll sit in suspense till there is more news :rolleyes:

#16 Blue fellow

Blue fellow

'scuse me while I kiss the sky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:05 AM

Maybe it's just me, but it looks incredibly cheap.
"We are made of emotions, we are all looking for emotions, it's only a question of finding the way to experience them." - Ayrton Senna

[Govinda] i dont think ive ever been sigged

#17 98Pro

98Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:39 AM

Maybe it's just me, but it looks incredibly cheap.

Looks like it will be cheap but it looks like a nicely made plastic gun. I mean the M16A2 stock is made of good ol' ABS plastic.. well part aluminum but mostly plastic.

#18 Jaypbs

Jaypbs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:41 PM

The marker's body and grip frame are precision machined and anodized aluminum. There is an expansion chamber built into the grip frame too. The marker is actually extremely robust and well put together - no cast components and the only plastic part is the grip. Its by no means meant to be a cheap marker. Even the bolt system inside is well thought out with a "soft touch" front similar to the idea of the foamies on some of the older Mag bolts. From what I gather, pricing should be similar to BT Combats etc.

#19 RealtorTommy

RealtorTommy

Elite Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,361 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:05 PM

Is there or will there be a tank mounted in the stock?

#20 steriodaided

steriodaided

unrelateeed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:24 PM

how much do you think it'd go for ??

#21 sawcast

sawcast

Dual Pistolero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:30 PM

how much do you think it'd go for ??

From what I gather, pricing should be similar to BT Combats etc.

Posted Image

#22 The Inflicted

The Inflicted

⊥ɥǝ Iuɟl!ɔʇǝp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:53 PM

Holy cow!
The Armson semi is pretty much the LAST marker design I ever expected to be resurrected.
http://www.vintagere...son%20Semi.html
This guy seems to know something...
http://rrossouw.devi...t.com/#/d34uqww
Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by The Inflicted, 19 December 2010 - 06:54 PM.

#23 UV Halo

UV Halo

Bringing the Big Guns to LLVI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:21 PM

Why are people saying this is a new marker offering? It looks like they simply took the old grip and slapped it onto a new body. Especially given that the double ASA is largely irrelevant in today's HPA dominated market. Add the following Pro Team Products News Releases to this discussion:

September 20th, 2004 - We have just completed the purchase of our long time sister-company Armson Ltd. in England. We are bring the entire production facility to the U.S. and expect to begin production of Armson Rifled barrels, and O.E.G. sights in late October, or early November.

October 4th, 2004 - The Armson factory container arrived today after a 3 week delay due to the recent hurricanes. We are busy setting up the production equipment, and sorting through new inventory. Look for some really great specials on overstock, discontinued, and one of a kind items, possibly including Armson Semi Auto's, and Assassin pump markers.

I'm betting this is a new use for old stock. However, over on MCB, someone who is very familiar with the Pro Team Products (PTP) folks said that we should be seeing new stuff from PTP soon.

#24 98Pro

98Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:26 PM

Why are people saying this is a new marker offering? It looks like they simply took the old grip and slapped it onto a new body. Especially given that the double ASA is largely irrelevant in today's HPA dominated market. Add the following Pro Team Products News Releases to this discussion:

September 20th, 2004 - We have just completed the purchase of our long time sister-company Armson Ltd. in England. We are bring the entire production facility to the U.S. and expect to begin production of Armson Rifled barrels, and O.E.G. sights in late October, or early November.

October 4th, 2004 - The Armson factory container arrived today after a 3 week delay due to the recent hurricanes. We are busy setting up the production equipment, and sorting through new inventory. Look for some really great specials on overstock, discontinued, and one of a kind items, possibly including Armson Semi Auto's, and Assassin pump markers.

I'm betting this is a new use for old stock. However, over on MCB, someone who is very familiar with the Pro Team Products (PTP) folks said that we should be seeing new stuff from PTP soon.

Two ASA's are good cause in big Scenario games, you'll be able to carry say two 68/45's or two 45/45 stubbies. At the same time, that's a whole lot of fucking air. You could also carry two tanks and if someone on your team ran out of air bam there's a tank.

#25 UV Halo

UV Halo

Bringing the Big Guns to LLVI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 07:01 PM

Two ASA's are good cause in big Scenario games, you'll be able to carry say two 68/45's or two 45/45 stubbies. At the same time, that's a whole lot of fucking air. You could also carry two tanks and if someone on your team ran out of air bam there's a tank.

Fail. That ASA doesn't have an on/off built into it. When that grip was originally on the market, you would do one of three things:

1. Pick one opening, block the other and use as a normal ASA (forward or rear facing).
2. Put a small (3oz) empty tank on one (usually the forward opening) to serve as sort of an expansion chamber for CO2 (by allowing more of the liquid to convert to gas on air-up, and more area for the liquid to occupy at the bottom of the gun) and hook up a normal CO2 tank on the back.
3. Use two tanks, with at least one having a built in on/off. Hookup the on/off tank first, then the other tank, and then turn on the on/off tank.

If you don't add an inline on/off to an HPA system you'll bleed out your first tank while being unable to screw in the second. Or, if you fill them on gun, you're not taking one off (to give to your buddy) without bleeding the tank on your gun.

If someone's interested in carrying a second air tank, they should give their arms a rest and put it on their back in a typical 4+1 or, a vest. Carrying a gun (especially that big hunk of metal body) with two tanks on it will suck for a scenario/big game.

#26 98Pro

98Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:54 PM

Oh wait there is no check valve in them...? Well that's a retarded idea then. <_<

#27 spk0090

spk0090

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:25 AM

i can see this topic is old can someone help me i need new seals for my armson pb marker i bought

#28 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 03:53 PM

Post in equipment advice
My Setup- OLED G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#29 Scum

Scum

TechPB's Official Llama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:37 PM

This looks so nice. It has no fake mag (something tippmann really needs to learn from) and the multiple feed directions and possible magfeed sounds amazing.

Are you butthurt? Rumproasted? Asscinerated? Tushie tattered? Booty bombed? Colon Crucified? Posteriorpwned?

#30 PacosTacos88

PacosTacos88

hetero-flexible

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,050 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:19 PM

i can see this topic is old can someone help me i need new seals for my armson pb marker i bought

So you ask in the News section? lol

9571786023_b75503e9e4.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users