5 replies to this topic

#1 usmercenary

usmercenary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:39 PM

Hello CT Ballers,

If you play paintball in Connecticut, then you've probably played at Hogans Alley before.

After a recent outing and talking with some employees (Dec 18 2010), I've learned about a lot of new changes that are currently in the works.

-Starting off small, the 'A' frames that are in between the 4 fields that are adjacent to each other are being rebuild, and new netting is being put up also.
-The 'Scenario/Village' field will see an expansion, with woods to the right of the field being cleared to expand that field to a bigger, similar style field.
-The small 3-man field all the way to the left has been taken down, and woods to its left is being cleared to make a larger space that will soon be occupied by a new, PSP/X-Ball style field. This field will be meant for tournaments and tournament practice, At this field and this field only, ramping and bunkering will be allowed to make it more tournament like. On every other field, it will still be the regular rules of semi only/no bunkering.
-The 2 woods ball fields know as fields '5' and '6' will be combined into one large woods ball field, so larger games can take place. Hopefully the woods ball field itself will also be improved.
-There will be more 'Scenario' type games on the woods ball field, such as the single rocket launcher placed in the center house and the first team to shoot the opposing wooden tank wins.
-There will be special games a few times a month in the woods where any firing mode of your choosing will be allowed. Probably to please the scenario players and allowing people to use full auto and the like.

I'm looking forward to all the new changes at Hogans Alley!

#2 Slimshady

Slimshady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:05 PM

awsome i play at hogans alley probably 25 times a season. great place but renovating some of the fields will be awsome

Edited by Slimshady, 15 February 2011 - 06:51 PM.

My computer beat me at chess. But i one at boxing :D

#3 SmartPartsIsAJoke

SmartPartsIsAJoke

75th Ranger Regiment

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 11:20 PM

Well I hate to say it but Hogan's Alley is a bit late to the game. Due to no ramping and no true xball everyone has left to play at Matt's. I still look forward to playing some recball there though.
My Feedback

Posted Image

United States Army 75th Ranger Regiment

#4 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,928 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 11:32 PM

Well I hate to say it but Hogan's Alley is a bit late to the game. Due to no ramping and no true xball everyone has left to play at Matt's. I still look forward to playing some recball there though.

yeah that what they were saying, theyre making some changes to try and gain back the customers that were lost to matts

#5 SmartPartsIsAJoke

SmartPartsIsAJoke

75th Ranger Regiment

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:56 PM

Well I know for a fact they can't run xball matches since they can't build pits and run air to them. Their prices also don't cater to more advanced players like Matt's does. It is half the price for a day of play at Matt's than it is at HAP.
My Feedback

Posted Image

United States Army 75th Ranger Regiment

#6 Qunatum Zen

Qunatum Zen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:42 PM

I was at Hogan's Alley last week to pick up some gear, and spoke with Alan about the changes. He said the hellacious winter has delayed their plans, but did say that they plan to begin in the very near future by replacing the A-Frames and going from there. He didn't get into too much specific detail, but said he hoped everything would be finished by the end of May for the summer. He sounded quite excited at the prospect of the improved fields.

I have not played there this season yet, but I believe one or two of the fields are not open for play yet. Can anyone confirm? I'll be there this Saturday, the 19th for sure. usmerc, etek, will you guys be there? Anyone else coming down?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users