• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dracowing14

dracowing14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 08:52 PM

I purchased a cci phantom from a local store a little while ago, after buying the gun i went across the street to the field to try it out, unfortunately the gun wouldn't chrono below 320 FPS some have suggested cutting the spring but i was too scared i'd mess something up. so today i thought i'd try to work the velocity again this time with my own chrono I'm using a stock phantom with the vertical air kit, It has the old hard steel lines not the macros. I'm using the A-balls right now just so i don't make amess and i've screwed my 68ci 4500 tank directly into the bottom. The shoots aren't consistent my first shot got me about 269, my second got me 340, my third got me 180. and so on for about 10 shots i tried dry firing a few times and then retried with the chrono, with the same results. any idea's the gun itself hasn't been used in probably 9 months. and it's only had 4 real paintballs put through it.

#2 Mr. K

Mr. K

ape suit moderator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:45 PM

buy differant springs from cci, its pretty cheap...cutting the hammer spring is not to crazy though...they are really cheap to replace sooo yeah
cutting it isn't difficult just be careful not to cut it too much
Don't hope for your enemy's ill being...plan it

#3 Buckyboy098

Buckyboy098

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:39 PM

try running it on CO2 same thing happened to me when i swithed mine to compressed air. I couldnt get it over 240 but now that i switched back to 12 grams i shoot 300 no problem.

#4 iamit

iamit

Holding the line for the skinnys.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:56 AM

its the spring. cci has a harder spring that he sells that will make it more consistent. i had to get one from him. but yea i agree phantoms LOVE c02.

#5 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:21 PM

okay you have a few things going on at the same time:

Best thing you can do,

take it apart. Clean and lube the insides lightly. and then drop a few drops of oil (3-4) in the ASA before you air it up. dry fire a few times to cycle the oil through and let the excess blow out the breach (remove your barrel to avoid oil in barrel)

then take the Velocity adjustment and screw it lefty lose a whole bunch, (well at least till its out a bit)
then turn it in and chrono your shots back up.

another thing to note: if the phantom didnt come with detent rings, and its a older style. the barrel is probably a straight 0.690 bore. and with nothing to stop the A-balls from rolling through, you will get roll outs.
This is when the ball either rolls down the barrel before you shoot it, or it partially rolls a bit when you shoot it. Leaving for Whacky velocity issues because the ball never really gets shot from the same position when you push the pump arm back.

Hope this helps

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#6 crich775

crich775

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

I'm going to assume this is your first phantom, you will learn very soon that unlike a "modern" marker where all you do is crank a screw to set the velocity, your going to have to sit down and spend time at the chrono range trying out different springs, settings, cutting this, stretching that, etc. Research the design of the phantom and you'll start to see what each spring does and how it will affect the shot, then find a combo that with the velocity screw about in the middle of its range, will let you shoot 280fps, then do the 'cocker thing and DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING unless the velocity starts to change again. That way you can raise it via the screw between about 260 and 300, good for most fields.
Also keep in mind that getting the marker tuned for co2, HPA, and 12 grams, will necessitate three different settings and retuning. If you need a place to start call up CCI and have a notepad and pen ready and write down everything he says.
Rest In Peace Jacob Espindola 1-12-07
OEF Vet 2011-2012, Combat Infantryman Badge Recipient

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users