• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 SodaBread

SodaBread

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:08 PM

I'm looking at getting a new mask and I'm thinking leaning toward the Pro Axis but I don't have any where to try them on first. My local store is always out of them. I tried on the I4s they had and they fit pretty well. My forehead was fairly exposed but my face and chin was protected. I'm thinking the Axis will be a bit bigger. How much bigger?

Also the Profits are a second choice behind the Pro Axis. How do the relate size wise to the I4s?

Before anyone says "Get the ProFlex," that's what I'm currently using. They're fine, I just want something that's easier to clean.:D

#2 jtusa181

jtusa181

OnTarget Photography

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:29 PM

The Axis is noticably larger than the I4's. They do give some more protection, but I(personally) think the I4's are more comfy. I love my pair to death. Only mask I will ever use. But comfort is a personal thing.

As for the Profits, they are also noticably larger. Maybe a little bigger than the Axis. But around the same size.

-Dalton

Edited by jtusa181, 03 January 2011 - 01:30 PM.

OnTarget Photography

Bitches be haten, time to call all polar bears and beavers the war has begun...

My Feedback

#3 Kermit

Kermit

TechPB, sad to see the end of an era. R.I.P.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:46 PM

If you can fit the i4's, I'd probably go that route. Personally I use a pro axis because the i4's are too tiny for my Goliath sized head. Quality wise they are on par with each other.

As for size the pro axis is still pretty small. The i4's are still smaller, but the axis is a tiny mask as well. It's a very comfortable size, a smidge smaller than i3's.

#4 Distortion_UK

Distortion_UK

Darkest London

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:41 PM

my chin hangs out further in profits and axis than i4s.

Posted Image

Complete Guide To Paintball Health- http://www.techpb.co...0

How to Play Snake- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=104279

#5 Ice

Ice

Old, Bold, and on Hold

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:45 PM

I've owned both, and IMO if you've tried I4's and they felt comfortable then there's no reason to look elsewhere. The Axis is a very nice mask (I currently own two) and it costs less. The I4's are more comfortable and lighter, but the Axis offers more protection and a better fit if you've got a larger head. The axis offers more protection along the jaw line than the I4. The I4's have very slightly better peripheral view (maybe 1 degree if that) and better venting. They are also softer and lighter. Neither mask fogs up at all. If you've got the money and a small-medium sized face, the I4 is a great choice.

I prefer Grillz and profiler to both of those, but I've got a big head.
Posted Image
One of my hydrographed guns. If you want that for your gun, send me a PM and I'll help you out. Or click here for my thread about it.

Now get off my damn lawn, whippersnapper.

#6 98Pro

98Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:22 PM

I4's are sick. Nuff said.

#7 SodaBread

SodaBread

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:53 PM

I have a pretty big head, sadly it's mostly forehead. I'd get the I4s if they had a bit more forehead protection. I did like how light they were but it's not worth getting popped in the forehead. I do like the price and look of the Pro Axis better too.

#8 eightcoheed

eightcoheed

Amanda Bynes' lover.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:58 PM

i4s over the pro axis any day. the profit tho has amazing soft ears, they r like mega pads that feel great but im not sure how much sound they let in. personally i would go with the i4`s

Proud member of the United States Air Force

#9 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,011 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:08 PM

Yeah i wore my friends axis pros in a game and i didn't like them it seemed like the foam just didn't fit right and the chin was MUCH smaller than i expected. I have been wanting to try the profits but i still say that the grills are the best mask ever made IMO.

yea I kept seeing banner ads for asianbeaver.com until I cleared my cache

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#10 Rob14

Rob14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:12 PM

i have the pro axis and have worn the i4's. IMO the i4s have a more stretched shape wile the pro axis has more of a square shape when looking at it from the front. i think the pro axis is better for people with a wider face
DP G3 IQ, Virtue eyes, Stiffi MF 14", Rotor, 48/3000 steel, Custom grips

#11 pb kid

pb kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:13 PM

i would say that the dye i4's are alot smaller. if u watch mikes videos then u will see the difference on his face. watch thesse links to see what i mean..

dye i4's:http://www.youtube.com/user/paintballtechpb#p/search/0/T10bOnCaZQA

proto axis:http://www.youtube.com/user/paintballtechpb#p/search/20/Hybwjm8XZgc

#12 Avid Gamer360

Avid Gamer360

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:24 PM

I have the Pro Axis and its a very comfortable mask! the foam is great and very comfortable, has yet to fog on me and i play in the woods, it rained once and still never fogged. The chin is small in the stock setting, i could flare out the checks and give it more room but i'd rather it be a tight fit to my face. i4's are very tiny tried a buddy i play with's on and it was super small i ate and drank with it on so if you talk and take a low check shot it could hit your face but i'm not 100% sure.
your best bet its trying both masks on and asking a few more people before you choose. The Axis is small with more overall protection good mask!
Proto Matrix Rail 2010
Clear Dust
Lookin' sexy for 2011!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users