• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LIL_NICKY_-

LIL_NICKY_-

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:45 PM

I have a camera that i wanted to mount on my picatinny/weaver rail system on my Tippman Project Salvo. I want to mount it on the Left side of the marker with out it interfering with my hands.

The camera is called A Sony Bloggie Touch. The touch is just for zooming In and Out but there is a single button the records and Stops. I do not need acess to the touch screen besides turning it off (Wont turn it off until Inbetween games and when I'm Done). I have no choice in making one since It's a relatively new camera and there are no housings on the market (yet).

The camera's Dimensions are - 2 X 4 1/5 inches and 1 1/2 cm thick and can be held upright or side ways ( Upright is the way i want it to be mounted)

My initial idea with the housing was to go to a hardware store and Find some kind of Durbale clear Plastic or other material that could withstand a paintball shot.. I found this stuff called Lexan (which is the stuff used in windshields, Riot Shields, and Airplane windows. Lexan is 250x stronger than glass).

Also 1/2 - 1inch thick foam to hold the camera in place and act as a shock absorber in case it gets shot.

My idea is to make a box around the camera about 3x5 inches and 2-3 inches thick that has foam (painted black) on the inside with an acess point or a Piece of wood, pencil whatever to push the record button and a opening in the foam for the lense.

My only problem is, how to i mount it to the picitany rail, what Kind of glue or what should i use to attach the pieces of lexan together, How could i make a door that gives me acess to take the camera out and put it In?

#2 LIL_NICKY_-

LIL_NICKY_-

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:37 PM

SOME ONE HELP!

#3 Rob14

Rob14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:39 PM

i do a lot of work with 3mm thick acrylic sheets at school and we use this stuff called Plexweld. It will actually chemically weld the two pieces together. We buy it in bulk and use small needles to apply it. If your in school you should go to your shop/tech department and see if they have some you can use because you won't need very much. you will also need to find a way to secure the camera inside the box but still be able to get it out to charge and download videos.

This is just something i drew up.
Closed
Open

If you could find some sort of box and drill a hole for the lens and cover the hole with lexan that may be the easiest. Just thinking you may want to be able to see the screen so you know what your filming. And make a folding mount (heartbeat sensor style public/style_extra/post_icons/icon4.gif)
I tend stay away from milsim so i don't know much about rails but I think you can buy rail risers and just drill holes and run bolts horizontally through the side of the rail and the camera case.
DP G3 IQ, Virtue eyes, Stiffi MF 14", Rotor, 48/3000 steel, Custom grips

#4 seriouslysilly

seriouslysilly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:26 PM

I've seen the bloggie and wanted to get one myself but like you said, they don't have any protective sleeves out for it yet.

For now, I have a creative vado hd which is similar in size. I just use a bicycle camera mount and use the included silocone skin. I've taken it out for a few games of recball and has held up well.
taken a few hits, but hasn't skipped a beat.
Hopefully they will come out with some kind of protective sleeve and then I'll be ableto use a bloggie :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users