11 replies to this topic

#1 mustangs

mustangs

"Everyone has a plan, until they get hit in the face"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:09 PM

So I think it's time for a new mask. I've had my JT elite headshield for about 3 years now and it's greasy, old, takes a good amount of time to take apart, and it still gets annoying how the foam irritates my skin. (I have sensitive skin lol). I painted it and the paint job came out ok but not to my expectations and I was going to buy new lenses for it since last time I played it fogged up like crazy! Posted Image After some thinking I figure it's time to get a new mask since I have more experience . I bought the headshield because I didn't want to get shot in the head again after using rental goggles. But now I'm not running too far ahead of everyone like crazy and passing the other team lol it was my first time when I did that. It seems if I getshot in the head, I get hit around my forhead or goggles, sometimes in the side but not often.

Anyways the masks I'm interested in are: Proto axis pro, V-force Grill (which probably looks the coolest), and the V-force profiler. I'm a mid to front player and mainly play woodsball. The majority of the game I'm somewhere in between our starting point and the middle of the field. I gradually move up as the game goes on. I rarely ever stay in the back unless the field is small or we're defending. So the top things I look for in a mask is protection and comfortability. I'm not a big guy, I'm only 160lbs 5'9" so I guess you could say I have a small to medium sized head. So which mask would be the best choice for me?

#2 maxime

maxime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:16 PM

Personnaly I will go with the Grills, because they look cool and they are upgraded or better looking profiler's. They are very easy to bread in, never fogs, the foam on it is really good and well glued (they wont come off). Easy to build and rebuild.

The Proto axis are good to but personnally I don't like the look of them.
ego 9 is the best!

#3 Gtracer

Gtracer

I hate video games.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:26 PM

There was a guy at the field this past week who had Profilers. God damn, he looked really intimidating.

You can't possibly go wrong with any of the choices. I like all three. :)
Cat Owners club|Dog Owners Club| Christan Ballers Club|Ballers Without Girlfriends club| Lost+Lonely Baller|Indiana Ballers Club|Was Grazi #53

Posted Image

Sponsored by Pinokio Hoppers|Paintball Asylum|Empire Paintball

#4 mustangs

mustangs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:37 PM

Yea I heard they're all good too Posted Image. It's just hard to pick between the 3 cuz the profilers look to have the most protection, the grills look the coolest and I would see at the most intimidating, and the axis pro's seem like they would be the lightest and most comfortable (that's just what I heard).

#5 Rob14

Rob14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:49 PM

I got the pro axis and they are great. my thermal lens separated after 9 months but i got a free replacement. if possible try them all on and see which one fits your face the best.
DP G3 IQ, Virtue eyes, Stiffi MF 14", Rotor, 48/3000 steel, Custom grips

#6 PiLLoWPaNTzZ123

PiLLoWPaNTzZ123

"I didn't break it, I fixed it wrong"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:56 PM

I own Pro Axis and I've tried on Grillz, Grillz definitely look cooler, but I find Pro Axis more comfortable, and alot lighter, they feel like your not wearing a mask. I'd go with the Pro Axis, I know like nothing about the Profilers though :D
PROTO PM7
EMPIRE PROPHECY
GUERILLA AIR 48/4500
PROTO PRO AXIS ENIGMA

Posted Image

#7 mrwhitefill

mrwhitefill

taking donations

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:41 PM

the axis pros are by far the best mask out of these three if not in the entire market. i noticed you said you have sensative skin, the axis pros have really really soft foam, and it stays soft. i don know if you ever worn the mask but the axis pro is the way to go. IMO it looks the best anyway.

#8 TheAsianMang

TheAsianMang

Swagga Jackin'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:57 PM

They're all amazing masks. You can't really go wrong with any of them so if you have a pro-shop ask to try them on before you make a decision. You can also ask someone at the field but try it early on the day before they get games going so they don't soak the foam in sweat.
Bob Long G6r w/ Ninja 45/4500 Carbon Fiber tank + Empire Prophecy
My Feedback
Team RIP D4! Fresno, CA

#9 mustangs

mustangs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:02 PM

Ok since I really can't decide, I figure the best thing to do is just go to the store and try all 3 of them on. The store is a half an hour away from my house but it's the biggest store around here and it's really the only way I'm going to get a good enough answer.

Thanks for the help guys.

#10 98Pro

98Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:04 PM

I4's are epicsaucewintodamax.

#11 Chris O

Chris O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:08 PM

dye i4s nuff said
Bravo Squad Paintball/War Hounds Paintball
Sales Consultant, Bomber Paintball
Proudly Sponsored by Ninja Paintball, Bomber Paintball, Valken, 68Caliber.com, Chuggin Rhino, Paintball Sports Inc., and Ray's Paintball

#12 mustangs

mustangs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:14 PM

I ended up going with the profiler Posted Image All 3 of the masks felt great as far as comfort went, the axis had my ear lobes sticking out a bit, and the grills had a little less protection than the profilers. I guess you could say I did sacrifice looks for protection but that's fine cuz the profilers still looked cool and it seemed they give better visibility. Thanks for the help guys.

Edited by mustangs, 05 January 2011 - 10:14 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users