• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 12:34 PM

The biggest problem I've seen young players have is with accuracy and its not because they have a bad gun, or the paint they use but because of a lack of stability, aim, and posture. This will give a very basic guide on how to become a more accurate player.

A. Stabalize you're marker- This is probably the biggest problem new players have when it comes to accuracy. I've seen everything from holding markers outstretched from the body to people running around with 98 Customs shooting them like they are tiny pistols. You must learn how to properly stablaize you're marker or you will not be nearly as accurate as you can be and you don't need a stock to do it. The first and most common way to correctly stablaize you're marker is by using you're air tank as a stock with you're elbows tucked in. (As Seen Below)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Below is a good example of HOW NOT TO HOLD A MARKER

Posted Image
(Notice the marker is far from the players body, and he is only using one hand this is very poor shooting posture)

Another way to stabalzie you're gun is by using you're environment and I'm not just talking about you're natural environment. Airball Bunkers, Logs, Fort Walls, anything that can keep you're marker steady while firing will greatly increase you're accuracy. You can see both in woodsball and speedball how players use there environment to stabalize there firing platform.

Posted ImagePosted Image
(Knowing how to properly stabalize you're firing platform is important in all types of paintball)

There are other ways to stabalize you're marker but these two are the most basic and a must learn before you learn any other types so practice these until you're competent with both skills.

B. Aim- It sounds very obvious, but its a very complex skill to master. Paintballs don't always shoot straight. They curve in every direction, wind effects them dramatically, velocity fluctuations can make you miss what should be an easy shot horribly and when you have paint in you're barrel the effects are even worse. My point is be prepared for the worst and master the skill of dialing in because you have to have the mentality that you're first shot will miss and be prepared to make a quick adjustment and fire again. I've seen it too many times, young players confused when they can't hit me but I can hit them. Well it's not really much of a secret but when you aim up you're range will increase. I'm not saying aim into the air and hope, I'm saying see where you're paint is landing and adjust accordingly. If a paintball hits the ground 15 feet in front of the player you're trying to hit raise you're barrel, if still short raise you're barrel a little more, if too long lower it a little. This skill can also be used to hit fast moving targets, aim ahead of the target if you shoot short aim further ahead, if too long a little back. It sounds so obvious but I see so many player shooting at the moving target insetad of ahead of it. If you want to be a better player practice dialing in on targets, and practice while in games. It may take a while to become second nature but it is a key skill all good paintballers have.

C. Posture- This one kind of ties into the first segment but takes it a little further. Good posture is when you have proper stability, but also proper body position. You're elbow should be tucked in, be in a good position to utilize you're center of gravity and have as little of you exposed as possible. Now I'm not saying stick you're gun out around you're bunker and fire because that is blindfire and very dangerous.What I'm saying is get you're mask out of you're bunker just enough so you can see and have the smallest ammount of you're marker exposed as possible and fire from there. Speedballers are generally better at this than woodsballers like myself so I'd suggest trying both and getting better at this because it's important to you're accuracy and keeping you in the game.

Posted Image
(The player on the left is far more exposed than the player on the right and the player on the right is using the bunker as a stabalizing factor.)

Well thats all for now, anybody else feel free to add things they felt I missed for a basic guide of how to become more accurate. If you have any questions please ask I'd be more than happy to help a fellow paintball player, new or old.

Thanks to rebel492991 for a good vid to add, watch this vid if you want further examples. Tiger gives a good vid on the issue so try and check it out here is the link Accuracy Tip Vid.

#2 rebel492991

rebel492991

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 12:41 PM

this is a dorky video but it really usefull. >>>> how to shoot better

#3 Stix

Stix

TechPB Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 01:31 PM

this is a dorky video but it really usefull. >>>> how to shoot better

lol. i love that video personally. it's great. a little on the corny side, but if you pay attention it really helps your game. :lol:
xfire-stix9693
Ps3 - SLYGATHOR (LittleBigPlanet, Burnout Paradise, Team Fortress2, Killzone 2)
Wii - 5318 0896 2208 0310
Steam - slygathore
Building a computer is like playing with Legos, the pieces only fit one way
Posted Image

#4 LukeH

LukeH

Team Ricochet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:31 PM

Nice guide man, but you forgot one of the most important things, bore to paint match, if it isnt matched and is too big or too small then the paint will either break in the barrel or go flying in every which direction

Think she would give me a handy for some oregano?

-Feedback-
"Stranger: wanna stick your nunchuck in my mater can?" - Omegle ftw

#5 pbace440

pbace440

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:40 PM

what i do is i dont try to get right on them first shoot.i start to the left or the right of them and then move the barrel just a little till it hits them.but dont do this if you have to shoot slow or they are already shooting at you!
get busy liven,or get busy dien!

#6 TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:50 PM

Yes bore to paint match is very important, but this was a guide to improve the player not the gear. But yes paint/barrel is a key aspect of the gear side of things.

#7 Marqman

Marqman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:51 PM

Good tips
I really need to work on my break shooting

#8 TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:03 PM

Yeah break shooting is difficult, you have to have all the basics down and have to anticipate the shock that you're feet hitting the ground creates. The best drill for that is simply to practice you're breaks over and over.

#9 ENGL.

ENGL.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:23 PM

good advice man
My sig was edited / removed because it was not within the rules. Images used in signatures are to be less then Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is aloud in the signature.

My text was too big. Help me read the rules and become a mod?

#10 TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:25 PM

Thank you very much! :D

#11 pandemic3

pandemic3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:12 PM

another thing to is when another player is running lead the running player into your paint stream fire a couple steps ahead of him/her and let them run into your stream

the only way to end up snapping aiming and shooting properly is to keep doing it over and over again no questions asked. The more you do it the better you'll get!
COC #3

Connor: The rule of thumb here is...
Rosengurtie: Wait, rule of thumb? In the early 1900s it was legal for men to beat their wives, as long as they used a stick no wider than their thumb.
Connor: Well, can't do much damage with that then, can we? Should have been a rule of wrist.

#12 paintballfreak36

paintballfreak36

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:20 PM

is what i do is set a can on somtin and just target practice it really helps

#13 O3ForLife

O3ForLife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:33 PM

AND REMMBER!!!!! DON'T BUY A RIFFLED BARREL! THEY DONT HELP! THE BALL ISNT SUPOSED TO TOUCH THE BARREL!!!!
Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel from coast to coast without seeing anything.

#14 GrenadeMaster

GrenadeMaster

Be A Doer - Not A Talker

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:49 PM

The ball is supposed to touch the barrel. Otherwise you would not really ever get the ball to go anywhere.

In fact the ball touching all the way around is where you get the best efficiency.
There's two kinds of people in this world when you boil it all down. You got your talkers and you got your doers. Most people are just talkers, all they do is talk. But when it is all said and done, it's the doers that change this world. And when they do that, they change us, and that's why we never forget them. So which one are you? Do you just talk about it, or do you stand up and do something about it?

#15 O3ForLife

O3ForLife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:41 PM

i thot i recalled one of mikes vids saying the ball shouldn't
Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel from coast to coast without seeing anything.

#16 TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:59 PM

Yeah it is supposed to touch the barrel on all sides. Thats why when you're testing barrel to paint match you do it so if it rolls out its too big, if it gets stuck the paint is too big, and if you blow on it and it comes out easy thats the best match.

#17 TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:59 PM

so it's easier to read its like this:

If you put a ball in and point you're barrel down and the ball rolls out you're bore is too big

If you put a ball in and you're paintball won't budge even when you try to blow dart it you're barrel bore is too small.

If you put a ball in and it doesn't roll out and when you lightly blow dart it, it does then you have a pretty food paint to barrel match.

I'm thinking about making a paintball measurement thread but I don't think I'm qualified if cockerpunk or someone has the information on paintball calibers per brand I'd appreciate a thread made on it.

#18 rebel492991

rebel492991

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:02 PM

oh no, double post..... get em lol

#19 TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:44 PM

man! they found the cover up run for it!!!! :)

#20 Hazmat Paintball

Hazmat Paintball

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:45 PM

laughing man! it's me from the newbie forum on ********!
My sig was edited / removed because it was not within the rules. Images used in signatures are to be less then Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is aloud in the signature.

My image was over the 30k AND My text was too big I really am a muppet

#21 TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:06 PM

cool man how you been? On second thought lets take this to pm conversation because it is unrelated to this thread. PM me if you want to talk, thanks!

#22 Lucas

Lucas

Elite Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:10 PM

To do better.. kepe your barrell steady when your running and have the back-cap lined up with your nose ;) Good luck bro

#23 Im4EverKing

Im4EverKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:01 PM

Nice guide man, but you forgot one of the most important things, bore to paint match, if it isnt matched and is too big or too small then the paint will either break in the barrel or go flying in every which direction

this is just a basic guide to posture and stabilization which will help in aiming. the peple who need this guide probably aren't gona have 5 different size barrels to try and fit
>> Anyone who's got a White Flex for sale hit me up <<

My image was over the 30k, im so naughty.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users