• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kmaz369

kmaz369

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:18 PM

Im tired of driving hour to closest shop to fill up my air tank for 5 buck, can i use an air compressor at home? where can i buy the fittings

#2 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,919 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:20 PM

If your air compressor outputs 80psi, then yes, you can buy the proper fitting, but it'll cost you $300 or so, since the proper fitting is a shoebox compressor that will boost the pressure to the proper pressure you need. Your compressor outputs around 80-100psi generally, your tank needs 4500.

#3 Maj Tom

Maj Tom

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:31 PM

The Shoebox is $430 now.

#4 kmaz369

kmaz369

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:52 PM

thats a great idea, but a little price still, if they brought it down 200 so people would buy more those than scuba tanks i would think.. Thankyou for your replys

#5 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,919 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:01 PM

thats a great idea, but a little price still, if they brought it down 200 so people would buy more those than scuba tanks i would think.. Thankyou for your replys

The thing with Scuba tanks, is that they only go to 3000psi, that compressor will do 4500, and it's made by Tom Kaye, so it gets some extra cool points just for that.

#6 Maj Tom

Maj Tom

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:05 PM

Not going to happen, just the motor costs ~$150, sprockets are $18 a piece (there are 4 of them). Even with item qty discounts they are only ~$50-75 over net cost (**Prices from industrial/commercial distributors).

Edited by Maj Tom, 10 January 2011 - 05:06 PM.

#7 The Inflicted

The Inflicted

⊥ɥǝ Iuɟl!ɔʇǝp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:20 PM

The thing with Scuba tanks, is that they only go to 3000psi, that compressor will do 4500, and it's made by Tom Kaye, so it gets some extra cool points just for that.

Plus you will never actually get a 3000psi fill off a scuba tank, since all a scuba adapter does is equalize the gas between the fill tank and the paintball tank. The best you can hope for is around 2800 the first time and a little less each fill after that. That's why before compressors for fields and teams became affordable you would see several scuba tanks rigged together in a cascade system.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users