• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kjimenez

Kjimenez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:59 PM

I see that no moderators are needed at this time, but I'd like to throw my hat in the ring for consideration, when the time comes.

1) Name: Ken Jimenez
2) Years of paintball experience: 10 1/2
3) Are you familiar with IP Board: No, but I'm familiar with other message board software such as PHPBB.
4) What other message boards have you moderated, started, or assisted with?: Moderator, Digital Paintball community forums, 2005-2007.
5) What sections would you like to help the TechPB community out with? Newbie Forum, Budget Ballers
6) Have you ever worked at a paintball store, field, or within the industry? No local stores or fields to work at.
7) Have you played in any major events? Scenario Games, National Tournaments, etc? No major events. Have played in and worked as a referee for local and state-level events.
8) Any other forums you currently moderate at? None at this time.
9) Employment application, drivers license submission, and agreement to submit to background check will be performed upon official request only.

I am applying to moderate the Newbie and Budget Ballers forums because of my extensive experience in helping new players to the sport as well as playing on a tight budget. Living in Wyoming presents unique challenges to those who wish to play. The low population, coupled with the isolation from most established paintball stores and fields requires one to gain a great deal of knowledge in all aspects of the sport, and also requires that players endeavor to bring new players in. I've organized a number of games for new players in the area, which required that I be well versed in all of the safety and playing rules within the sport. I have found ways to make games for first-timers less daunting, encouraging them to play again. This experience, in addition to having played the sport for over a decade, allows me to help new players with issues such as tactics, gear selection, and safety.

I have been in college for nearly half of my paintball career. As is well known, college presents a number of issues for paintball players. Busy schedules usually make even part-time jobs hard to manage, making efforts to save money extremely important. Trial and error helped me to find a number of ways to save money while still enjoying the game.

Finally, as a moderator for the Digital Paintball community forums, I had to contend with a number of issues, including frequent flame wars, conflicts between staff and forum users, and dealing with repeat offenders. My goal as a moderator was, and still is, to maintain an active presence within the community, to listen carefully to complaints and suggestions, and to guide users toward meaningful discussion.

Please, don't hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have.

-Ken

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users