• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 davidk

davidk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:45 PM

Hi I'm a freshman and I want to join the Paintball club. The questions i have are:
1. what do I have to do to join?
2. I don't have a car so is there some group of people that take the bus to the rec field or do I have to figure something out myself?
3. I just moved to florida from new york and I didn't bring my gear with me so is there a place on campus where it can be stored/cleaned?
4. how much on average does it cost for a day of rec play?
5. how often does the club play usually?

I tried to keep this as straight to the point as possible.
any answers would be appreciated
-David

#2 SIEFKA

SIEFKA

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:48 PM

First! Mike has a great video on joing a club. You can usually find rides from people, ask around. Prolly in your dorm. For me it costs about 30-40 bucks. For me I just started a club at thge local golf dome so its gonna cost 30-40 same but we are going twice a month. Hope this helps!
Posted Image

#3 AllenT

AllenT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:32 PM

Hey guys, I'm new to the club also joined like a few days ago. David you can join by logging into Blackboard --> Student Life tab --> Student Organizations on the right-hand side. Hope we can get together with the rest of the club and play in the near future :)

#4 davidk

davidk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:09 AM

Hey guys, I'm new to the club also joined like a few days ago. David you can join by logging into Blackboard --> Student Life tab --> Student Organizations on the right-hand side. Hope we can get together with the rest of the club and play in the near future :)

i already registered on blackboard. i know theres a waiver that has to be filled out and i did that but i'm not sure where to hand it in. Also are you gonna driving to the field or are you gonna be taking the bus? I don't have a car but if you do could i get a ride there if it doesn't bother you. thanks
-David

Edited by davidk, 24 January 2011 - 01:09 AM.

#5 PBMatt

PBMatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:41 PM

You can turn in your waiver to the front desk in the gym or you can bring it with you to the field and give it to Garret or Myself (Matt Tucker).
You can also keep up to date with whats going on on the facebook page. http://www.facebook....166804106697600

The team is preparing for an event and we will be driving out to CFP next weekend, and then the event is the following weekend.

Are you interested in playing competitive paint-ball or just recball with the club? We are trying to set up days for the club to come out and play rec but if you want to come out with your friends on a different day we can still put you on the list for our discounts.

R.I.P Jeffrey Kocab

CFP D3X / USF Paintball - Go Bulls!

Central Florida Paintball - Best tournament field / series in FL!

Blitzkrieg Paintball - Where the Bulls Play!

F**K BP

#6 AllenT

AllenT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:28 PM

i already registered on blackboard. i know theres a waiver that has to be filled out and i did that but i'm not sure where to hand it in. Also are you gonna driving to the field or are you gonna be taking the bus? I don't have a car but if you do could i get a ride there if it doesn't bother you. thanks
-David

Hey David, I usually drive to the field with some friends when we go. If you wanna join in it's no problem I can take you whenever I go. Do you live on campus?

Matt, got a quick question, what usually goes on in the club meetings discussion-wise and are the meeting mandatory if we just want to recball with the club?

#7 davidk

davidk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:33 PM

-David

Hey David, I usually drive to the field with some friends when we go. If you wanna join in it's no problem I can take you whenever I go. Do you live on campus?

Matt, got a quick question, what usually goes on in the club meetings discussion-wise and are the meeting mandatory if we just want to recball with the club?

awesome. yea i live in castor on campus. just let me know where to meet you guys and at what time on the days that the club plays and i'll be there.

#8 davidk

davidk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:40 PM

You can turn in your waiver to the front desk in the gym or you can bring it with you to the field and give it to Garret or Myself (Matt Tucker).
You can also keep up to date with whats going on on the facebook page. http://www.facebook....166804106697600

The team is preparing for an event and we will be driving out to CFP next weekend, and then the event is the following weekend.

Are you interested in playing competitive paint-ball or just recball with the club? We are trying to set up days for the club to come out and play rec but if you want to come out with your friends on a different day we can still put you on the list for our discounts.

well i definitely want to play recball and I can give competitive play a try. I've never played competitive paintball before. I've played total of 8 or 9 times but those were all rec games with a few friends. It all depends on how much it'll cost I guess. Also since i moved here from NY all my equipment is still at home so I'm going to be using rental until I can figure out if and when I can bring my own gear. A question related to that: is there a place on campus to store my stuff because i know the dorms wont let me keep it there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users