• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 PB FreaK

PB FreaK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:09 AM

I need a good setup for my 98. People are telling me i shouldn't upgrade up but im going to :)
I need to know a good barrel , hopper , etc.
Thanks

#2 Smokey Mac

Smokey Mac

Be quick or be dead

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:13 AM

Don't upgrade it... You'll regret it. You'll end up spending more money that a new (better) marker will cost in the end.

if you MUST add something too it buy : A used Apex barrel
: A Vlocity or Eggy hopper (FUCK CYCLONES)
: a HPA tank** (This is the upgrade that will affect the preformance the most)

Get these and your 98 will work the best it ever will. There is absolutly no need to spend more than 80$ Between the barrel and the hopper (if you get them used), and you can score HPA tanks for around 60$ if you want a new , low end one. (Which I use)

Edited by Smokey Mac, 28 January 2011 - 12:16 AM.

"How could you shoot women and children?!"
"Easy! Ya just don't lead em so much ! haha. Ain't war hell?"
"To all of the players I want you to remember that its YOU who control this game and this industry. Treat it wisely and vote with your dollars so your kids can play along side you some day."
- Tom Kaye, 12-08-2004
<If your SLG works put this in ur sig>

#3 PB FreaK

PB FreaK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:14 AM

Don't upgrade it... You'll regret it. You'll end up spending more money that a new (better) marker will cost in the end.

if you MUST add something too it buy : A used Apex barrel
: A Vlocity or Eggy hopper (FUCK CYCLONES)
: a HPA tank** (This is the upgrade that will affect the preformance the most)

Haha thats funny . Thats the setup i was looking at .

#4 lashcoin

lashcoin

Chicken in the coop!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:22 AM

Invert Too and a Steely will be fine. E-grip if you really want it.

*cough* look at my sig *cough* :P
Posted Image
Purple CCI T-Stock
My Feedback 9/0/0
MAH GUNZ: Purple People Eater (CCI Phantom)
"A bag a day keeps the electro's away!"

#5 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,836 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:33 AM

*cough* look at my sig *cough* Posted Image

Don't go for an E-grip. They're annoying as hell to program and operate on 98s, and also just suck peformance-wise because it amplifies all the nasty bits of shooting a Tippmann (Loudness, kick, etc.)

Edited by Antonious, 28 January 2011 - 01:33 AM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#6 PB FreaK

PB FreaK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:22 AM

Don't go for an E-grip. They're annoying as hell to program and operate on 98s, and also just suck peformance-wise because it amplifies all the nasty bits of shooting a Tippmann (Loudness, kick, etc.)

Well im getting it installed by someone and my friend has one and its fine. Ive used his gun before.

#7 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,836 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:50 AM

Well im getting it installed by someone and my friend has one and its fine. Ive used his gun before.

Suit yourself, I just feel the money could be better spent elsewhere.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#8 brandon barraza

brandon barraza

wanna be a baller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:55 AM

ya ive went threw the tippmann stage along time ago your better off on all that money you plan on spending start with a little better gun that is going to be more consistent

#9 FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:38 PM

pfft. Tippmanns are great, reliable, and work in the cold... Plus, once you put an Apex or Apex 2 on it, you can shoot around bunkers.

I love mine, and face guys with full auto all the time, All it takes is one good hit to eliminate someone. And I can pull the trigger semi auto and not have to worry about batteries (aka a noisy hopper) or dropping it in the creek.

I get 800-1000 shots out of a 20 ounce Co2 tank as well... Air tanks are hard to find a place that will fill them. Co2 is filled at Dick's sporting goods. So it just depends on what you want.

Don't think that buying an expensive marker will make you a better player.

Practice is what makes you better, and many times, the less you spend on your gear... The more you can afford to play!

my latest video. Link it on your facebook if you liked it! also subscribe, I shoot a lot of video this time of year.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=8IURhQ3GBrk

Here are my custom 98's that I let newbies borrow at my field. Set up just like my gun with an Apex 2 so they can experience the fun of shooting around fallen tree's and long distance "sniper" kills.

Posted Image

Edited by FreeEnterprise, 28 January 2011 - 12:42 PM.

#10 PB FreaK

PB FreaK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:45 PM

pfft. Tippmanns are great, reliable, and work in the cold... Plus, once you put an Apex or Apex 2 on it, you can shoot around bunkers.

I love mine, and face guys with full auto all the time, All it takes is one good hit to eliminate someone. And I can pull the trigger semi auto and not have to worry about batteries (aka a noisy hopper) or dropping it in the creek.

I get 800-1000 shots out of a 20 ounce Co2 tank as well... Air tanks are hard to find a place that will fill them. Co2 is filled at Dick's sporting goods. So it just depends on what you want.

Practice is what makes you better, and many times, the less you spend on your gear... The more you can afford to play!

my latest video. Link it on your facebook if you liked it! also subscribe, I shoot a lot of video this time of year.

Here are my custom 98's that I let newbies borrow at my field. Set up just like my gun with an Apex 2 so they can experience the fun of shooting around fallen tree's and long distance "sniper" kills.

Posted Image

Thumbs up ! :)

#11 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,836 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:23 PM

Posted Image

Ahh Tippmann. You either love 'em or you hate 'em.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#12 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:25 PM

Dont upgrade a tippmann. Its not worth it. The gun wont shoot any better.

Save your cash to play or buy a speedball marker.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#13 darkmatter

darkmatter

Defender Of Ego's

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:34 PM

Dont upgrade a tippmann. Its not worth it. The gun wont shoot any better.

Save your cash to play or buy a speedball marker.

totally agree, number one first and foremost....what are you playing paintball for and how long do you want to play and what are some of your goals for paintball. if you want to ever and i mean EVER play speedball or move to hyperball or anything of that sort you should stop rite now and buy a speedball gun. if your content to play boring woodsball forever and scenario games forever then by all means buy ur upgrades for the tippman...but seriously plse think of what you wana get from paintball and what you wana play in it for the longterm. you could truly buy a good beginner speedball gun with that money and a lil extra save up that would give the versatility to play wat ever for the long term, that is if u take care of the gun obviously. now i no i am rambling on about this but im just trying to help you think it out and come up with a good long term decision. all im saying is just dont jump on stuff think it out man.. hope this helped a little good luck with watever you choose tho

Edited by darkmatter, 29 January 2011 - 08:36 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users