• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 paint the sky

paint the sky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 02:43 PM

Do Pmi Piranha's have the same barrel threads as spyders if they don't could you please reccomend another barrel to buy
I do things the hard way that way you learn something

#2 Nick VR

Nick VR

Pump It Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:22 PM

Yes, PMI Piranha Paintball Marker's have the same barrel threads as the Kingman Spyder Markers. They have Spyder threads.

#3 Hazmat Paintball

Hazmat Paintball

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:15 PM

I reccomend a J and J ceramic barrel too. Freak barrel if you have the money
My sig was edited / removed because it was not within the rules. Images used in signatures are to be less then Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is aloud in the signature.

My image was over the 30k AND My text was too big I really am a muppet

#4 Nick VR

Nick VR

Pump It Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:05 PM

J & J barrels are really good and so are the Smart Parts Progressive and Freaks. Do your reaserch before committing yourself to buy something.

Nick, Unofficial Piranha Tech.

#5 Hazmat Paintball

Hazmat Paintball

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:51 PM

depending on what type of marker you have, don't spend too much on a full barrel kit.
My sig was edited / removed because it was not within the rules. Images used in signatures are to be less then Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is aloud in the signature.

My image was over the 30k AND My text was too big I really am a muppet

#6 Nick VR

Nick VR

Pump It Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 03:27 PM

depending on what type of marker you have, don't spend too much on a full barrel kit.

Good point, true depending on which marker you have or if you just play rec ball or tournament depends if you should buy a barrel kit. If you were to buy a kit the J & J Performance Edge Elite Barrel Kit are pretty cheap in some cases but you could just stick with a 14 inch barrel of any kind really, mostly personal preference.

Nick, Unofficial Piranha Tech.

#7 Mr.Cool

Mr.Cool

U mirin?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,292 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:31 PM

get a nightstick its so accurate i have one on my gti rampage

#8 pirhana92

pirhana92

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,239 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:10 PM

The progressive is a good barrel.

#9 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 04:59 PM

No one-piece barrel on the market is better than a Lapco.

Tippmann Tech
Everything Rob "Tyger" Rubin
Alaska's Coolest Paintball Webcomic!

"The frightening thing about [humans] is their utterly mindless determination to do whatever mindless thing it is they are determined to do."
- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

#10 Eyecriturface

Eyecriturface

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:08 AM

So i have a very old marker made by Pmi the Piranha Gti E-force. I was wondering there are any possible upgrades or anything for this marker. The external bolt is a pain in the ass catches my goggles sometimes... anyone have any suggestions on what to do with this marker or should i just invest in a new and up to date marker?

#11 Liko

Liko

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:32 PM

So i have a very old marker made by Pmi the Piranha Gti E-force. I was wondering there are any possible upgrades or anything for this marker. The external bolt is a pain in the ass catches my goggles sometimes... anyone have any suggestions on what to do with this marker or should i just invest in a new and up to date marker?

I was in the same boat; powerfeed first-gen Piranha with single trigger frame, no flush cocking, no beavertail. I did put new grips on it, the G3's blue-anodize venturi bolt, a Vigilante reg, a J&J Ceramic 14" barrel and a 32 Degrees drop-forward (it needs a dovetail on-off ASA now). Pretty good shooter, obviously outgunned against anything less than 5 years old and/or less beat up than the rentals.

I ended up buying two new guns; a '99 standard feed parts-cocker with ANS pneumatics, Evil Detonator reg, unknown nylon bolt and 04 Prostock grip on it, just because it was $100 and I always wanted one, and a DP G4 as my main speedballer. I still have the Piranha, and it will probably still see adequate service against walk-ons and in the woods; it's dead reliable, works on CO2 if I ever need it to, and it's very comfortable. I could put an inexpensive Invert ReLoader on it to stop the shake-n-shoot thing, and apart from the lack of beavertail it'd be an excellent loaner.

#12 naruto657

naruto657

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:46 AM

http://naruto657.web...otoid=158024837
http://naruto657.web...albumid=2276105
http://naruto657.web...otoid=158024842

as you can see I too have a pmi piranha, I acquired it at a garage sale and am trying to source out what it needs. now also as you can see I have looked around a little and I found this site and I'm wondering if that is a good price for to get this gun up and running again. I can tell from the other posts here that you guys are quite knowledgeable in this area so any help would be appreciated. the tank is very old form the looks of it, it says "98/06" on it, also I noticed that mostly all paintball guns use 3000 psi-4500 psi tanks where as this one is a/an 1800 psi. I just want is for target practise in my backyard so cheaper is better.

Edited by naruto657, 17 June 2012 - 10:46 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users