9 replies to this topic

#1 V00DOO

V00DOO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:22 PM

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and have a couple questions about the apex 2 barrel.

I really like the look of it and I'm aware that there's an 18" apex 2 barrel with tippmann 98 threads,
so my question is; will the barrel fit with the tippmann bravo one shroud or should I invest in a new shroud as well?

Just on a side note I was wondering if this was a decent set up:

-Tippmann Bravo One tactical
-Cyclone feed
-18" apex 2 barrel
-Remote line with tac vest
-A decent mask low in price? (any suggestions?)
-CO2 (I know it's bad, but Hpa tanks are too expensive for mePosted Image)

I don't have any pictures as this is what I plan on buying in the spring.
I already have the tippmann and feel there is no use in buying a new marker when i like the one I have now.

I'm just looking for some advice so please don't bother posting pointless and degrading remarks.

ThanksPosted Image,
V00DOO

#2 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:26 PM

the apex 2 will fit just make sure you get the 98c threads. Also, i recommend getting the 14" instead. An 18" does not give any advantages over a 14". Only thing you will see with the 18" apex barrel is decreased efficiency and your gun being very unweildly with the long ass barrel along with the gun being a longer rifle style.

And your setup is decent for woodsball/scenario. I prefer speedball setups. They are so much nicer shooting and easier to use and shoot.

And a decent mask for a low price.. Depends on your budget. A great mask for $30 is the v-force pro vantage, for $50-60 the jt proflex in one color (my favorite mask, btw)
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#3 V00DOO

V00DOO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:00 PM

the apex 2 will fit just make sure you get the 98c threads. Also, i recommend getting the 14" instead. An 18" does not give any advantages over a 14". Only thing you will see with the 18" apex barrel is decreased efficiency and your gun being very unweildly with the long ass barrel along with the gun being a longer rifle style.

And your setup is decent for woodsball/scenario. I prefer speedball setups. They are so much nicer shooting and easier to use and shoot.

And a decent mask for a low price.. Depends on your budget. A great mask for $30 is the v-force pro vantage, for $50-60 the jt proflex in one color (my favorite mask, btw)

Thanks for the recommendation,Posted Image

I will look into the jt proflex.

I do enjoy woodsball very much.
I was more concerned with the apex 2 being too long for the shroud, that's why I was leaning more toward the 18" instead of the 14". Whether the apex will add on to the barrel length or will it fit overtop of the barrel is my main concern. I have a 14" carbon fibre barrel on it now and I like the length but I'm not sure if the apex will fit with the shroud if I went with the 14" apex.

Edited by V00DOO, 01 February 2011 - 05:08 PM.

#4 Kermit

Kermit

TechPB, sad to see the end of an era. R.I.P.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:15 PM

In all honesty, I would skip the tippmann altogether unless you are dead set on "milsim" markers.

Here is why I'm not a fan of tippmanns-(I love the company, just not the markers)

Big
Heavy
Loud
Gas Hogs
Cumbersome

The one thing that most new guys think is that the more real a gun looks, the better it is. I beg to differ.

Why do you want a stock? Paintball guns don't need it. Real guns do, but paintball guns don't have that kind of recoil.

Remote Lines make it very hard to switch hands with your marker, which is a very important skill to learn in paintball. Just run bottle-to-gun. You'll have a better "stock" in that it's more ergonomic and that it's not tethered to you and much more maneuverable.

The problem with the Cyclone feed is simply that it's overpriced for what it is. Just go for a Halo B. Lighter, faster, and can be used on other guns.

I would go with an Azodin Kaos in all honesty. I've started with a tippmann and I liked it, but I grew out of it way to fast. I wish this advice had been given to me before I purchased it.

The Kaos is $90. It's

Lighter
Smaller
Faster
More Air Friendly
AMAZING Customer Service with Azodin
Cocker Threaded Barrels(will fit the apex 2, the tippmann wont without an adapter)

Then Find an HPA tank. You can get HPA tanks for so cheap, there is really no excuse to not being able to afford one. You can get them used for around $30.

Then throw on a good, fast hopper and that setup will beat the crud from most tippmann setups like you described. Trust me on that.

For a mask, look at the flex 8 for about $30, the proto switch line for about $30, the vforce vantage pro is great and the JT Proflex is wonderful at $50.

#5 V00DOO

V00DOO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:04 PM

In all honesty, I would skip the tippmann altogether unless you are dead set on "milsim" markers.

Here is why I'm not a fan of tippmanns-(I love the company, just not the markers)

Big
Heavy
Loud
Gas Hogs
Cumbersome

The one thing that most new guys think is that the more real a gun looks, the better it is. I beg to differ.

Why do you want a stock? Paintball guns don't need it. Real guns do, but paintball guns don't have that kind of recoil.

Remote Lines make it very hard to switch hands with your marker, which is a very important skill to learn in paintball. Just run bottle-to-gun. You'll have a better "stock" in that it's more ergonomic and that it's not tethered to you and much more maneuverable.

The problem with the Cyclone feed is simply that it's overpriced for what it is. Just go for a Halo B. Lighter, faster, and can be used on other guns.

I would go with an Azodin Kaos in all honesty. I've started with a tippmann and I liked it, but I grew out of it way to fast. I wish this advice had been given to me before I purchased it.

The Kaos is $90. It's

Lighter
Smaller
Faster
More Air Friendly
AMAZING Customer Service with Azodin
Cocker Threaded Barrels(will fit the apex 2, the tippmann wont without an adapter)

Then Find an HPA tank. You can get HPA tanks for so cheap, there is really no excuse to not being able to afford one. You can get them used for around $30.

Then throw on a good, fast hopper and that setup will beat the crud from most tippmann setups like you described. Trust me on that.

For a mask, look at the flex 8 for about $30, the proto switch line for about $30, the vforce vantage pro is great and the JT Proflex is wonderful at $50.

I have already bought the marker, I've been playing paintball for several years.
Just clearing that up.

I do like the milsim look (one of the reasons why I bought the Bravo One in the first place was because it already looked really good)
I would love to get hpa but if I were to buy a tank I would have to buy it new (just a preference) and there are only a few places I can go (close to where I live) to get the tank filled which is somewhat of a nuisance.

As for the Apex 2, I believe it comes with 98 threads so I don't think I need an adaptor, but maybe I'm wrong.

My main concern is that the apex itself might be too long if I buy the 14" barrel (which I would prefer) or should I go with the 18" apex 2 barrel

But thanks for the ideas, I'll keep them in mindPosted Image

#6 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:07 PM

go with an 18 inch just in case. And you can get the apex in whatever threads you want thy dont come with any specific thread.

#7 V00DOO

V00DOO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:18 PM

go with an 18 inch just in case. And you can get the apex in whatever threads you want thy dont come with any specific thread.

That's what I was thinking I would end up doing anyway.

I think what will end up happening is I'll just take the marker to the place I got it and see if I can get a hold of an apex 2 barrel and I'll just have to try it out and I'll probably just change our the shroud to one with preinstalled picatiny/weaver rails so I can put on a foregrip.

I'll post pictures of it once I've modded it, but that won't be for a while.

ThanksPosted Image

#8 V00DOO

V00DOO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:07 PM

Does anyone know if I would be safe with getting a 14" apex2 barrel? How much of the barrel will the apex cover?

Edit: another quick question that I had forgotten, is it possible to remove the carrying handle and add some rails across the top?

Thanks,
V00DOO

Edited by V00DOO, 01 February 2011 - 11:47 PM.

#9 bcurnew

bcurnew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:39 PM

Does anyone know if I would be safe with getting a 14" apex2 barrel? How much of the barrel will the apex cover?

Edit: another quick question that I had forgotten, is it possible to remove the carrying handle and add some rails across the top?

Thanks,
V00DOO

hey i also have a bravo one and the apex2 tip on a lapco big shot assault. The stock barrel is 11" and the shroud is roughly 1 1/2" shorter. The apex2 tip takes 3 inches off the top of the barrel. check out hustle paintball "how to install apex 2 barrel on another barrel" so i do have the 14" apex 2 and it should fit. Oh and i had a similar set up to the one you described when i first started paintballing and stomped all over people. Best of luck!

Attached Files

#10 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:51 PM

Holy necropost

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users