• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Merciless_Blue

Merciless_Blue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:58 PM

Personally I like the changes. The game will go back to being about who plays better paintball, not who knows the layout better. This is paintball in the raw; back to what it used to be. A game about quick thinking, and sheer skill. The old school players did fine back in the day, and they played unknown sections of woods. I think we’ll be fine.

Honestly I don’t see what the uproar is about, in all honestly I believe this is a good thing. The game goes back to skill, team work and pure tenacity. The best will win. So what if you don’t know what the layout will look like? No one will, the field will be level and just.

You can practice without a layout, just run more drills. Practice snap shooting and the basics. I think the new format is going to be exciting considering laning wouldn’t be as prevalent. The added distance equates to more possible movement. All in all this is good, it will help the sport grow. So everyone should stop bitching, and hit the field. Love the sport for what it is.

"Talk is cheap, shut up and play."

Always Savage-Always Ruthless- Forever Merciless

#2 dhunt91

dhunt91

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:12 PM

I agree man coaching was the one thing that was pointless

I cant begin to tell u how many time iv ran the highway just to here the coach call it out and i get my ass blasted or how many times going to practice at a field where the layout has been up for a month and getting rolled game after game

#3 rifraf2010

rifraf2010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:21 AM

As i read more and more threads I am starting to catch what people are talking about these "changes"... I have always seen paintball as a sport the i took team communication and Skill to win... If you have some coach showting on the sidelines D2 D2 for a specific bunker WTF was the point in even sneaking to it. I believe the point of the game to check your corners so to speak and Comminicat as a team. Streaching the fields lets more players stay in the game off the break and the bigger bunkers I would assume give better comfort in making sure you have room to scan the field to find players. Its a bitch when you in some small ass tumb stone bunker trying to scan the fields LOL.... OH well lets Get this Sport on Main stream Television... Give People a Reason to play the game is what I think.... I posted a Form about what I think they should do to the sport if you would like to see what I think

#4 sameagol26

sameagol26

I am BTDeltafan101

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:47 PM

I like the changes as well. It's a good step to making paintball more about skill again rather then memorization
Posted Image
My Youtube Channel --> BTDeltafan101

#5 Marchal03

Marchal03

Xbox and Kentucky Basketball ftw

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:43 PM

The field change I don't care about.
They should release the field layouts though. Just not as early as they did, maybe like 2 weeks before the event.
Also I like coaching and there should be coaching, (Team sport and Coach is part of team just like basketball football etc) They just need to move the coach like place him where the Dead box is and not on the side. This will make it a challenge to coach. And the coach won't be able to call out the exact position of a player every time, but can still help the team.
Posted Image
Gamer Tag: Planet Beast

#6 twigz

twigz

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:08 PM

^ I like that idea of not having the coach on the sidelines and having him behind or even only allowing only one coach that can only stay within a given area on the sideline.

but I think the late field layout, walking the field early in the morning used to be like tradition during a tourney
Posted Image

#7 deland13

deland13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:32 PM

I still hate ramping some little fuck tore me a new one had uncapped ramping. I like psp. But wish it was single pull. But in football we don't see the other teams field untill a few hours before. Coaching should be in dead box or only aloud between points.

#8 Kirko017

Kirko017

Say no to drugs!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:24 AM

I still hate ramping some little fuck tore me a new one had uncapped ramping. I like psp. But wish it was single pull. But in football we don't see the other teams field untill a few hours before. Coaching should be in dead box or only aloud between points.

nice necro post. But what does the bold part even mean? lol

what does having coaching in the dead box solve.. nothing lol.. and coaches can coach during the play of a football game, soccer game, basketball game, baseball, etc.. and there is usually a coach in the pits between points giving plays and managing the clock if you're playing original xball.

Edited by Kirko017, 18 January 2012 - 11:29 AM.

Kent State University Paintball Club
The University of Akron Paintball Club

Eminence

#9 Snyderman34

Snyderman34

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:18 AM

what does having coaching in the dead box solve.. nothing lol.. and coaches can coach during the play of a football game, soccer game, basketball game, baseball, etc.. and there is usually a coach in the pits between points giving plays and managing the clock if you're playing original xball.

I think he means in football you usually don't get a layout of the other teams field, so it's really hard to get a good feel for everything until you get there and have a chance to walk it, which is usually when you arrive for the game a few hours before kickoff

#10 Kirko017

Kirko017

Say no to drugs!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:55 AM

I think he means in football you usually don't get a layout of the other teams field, so it's really hard to get a good feel for everything until you get there and have a chance to walk it, which is usually when you arrive for the game a few hours before kickoff

I didn't realize a football field had a different layout.. I know there is grass. And some painted lines. I didn't think the lines every changed for football.. Never had problems with that before playing mainstream sports..

Kent State University Paintball Club
The University of Akron Paintball Club

Eminence

#11 BRUTE

BRUTE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:58 AM

I think there should be coaches. To help work out the kinks AFTER the game and event. They shouldnt be able to call out possitions and "move" player during a game by yelling on the field.
#63 on the roster #1 in your heart!!

#12 Brewer_NovaScotia

Brewer_NovaScotia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:57 PM

The field change I don't care about.
They should release the field layouts though. Just not as early as they did, maybe like 2 weeks before the event.
Also I like coaching and there should be coaching, (Team sport and Coach is part of team just like basketball football etc) They just need to move the coach like place him where the Dead box is and not on the side. This will make it a challenge to coach. And the coach won't be able to call out the exact position of a player every time, but can still help the team.

This, one thing i kinda thought was pointless is when the coach sits there and tells one guy (snake player usually) everything to do while the rest of the team is using communication. To me if a coach was in a fixed position somewhere like sat in a 6ft high chair or only coaching from the pits or something and could only yell with cupped hands it would make players listen, relay, and communicate amongst each other. One thing i love to hear is a g count what areas are cleared.

#13 madsnipes

madsnipes

TechPB's Jailbot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:21 PM

I think there should be coaches. To help work out the kinks AFTER the game and event. They shouldnt be able to call out possitions and "move" player during a game by yelling on the field.

youre not taking into account that when your in the game the fans on the sidelines are going to be calling out positions too. whats the difference if a coach does it too?

#32 "Dusty" of the Devil Dogs. Give us a like if you want - Devil Dogs Paintball

TechPBsig_zpsbc0cb057.jpg

#14 Goozen

Goozen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:37 PM

You can't really compare paintball to mainstream sports like baseball, football, soccer, hockey. The fields of play never change...always the same size, always the same rules. Personally, I can't stand coaching in paintball. What's the point of trying to get to a key bunker...and then when you finally get there, everyone knows you're there. Where the element of surprise? For me, coaching ruins the game. Bigger fields? Eh, I could care less. The smaller the field, the more action.

#15 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:50 AM

Coaching makes more sense in the dead box in my opinion. You'd put a greater stress on communication between players, the coach would be more limited to telling his players to move, rather than calling out where the guy that was about to light up all of his players is

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#16 BRUTE

BRUTE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

In my opinion the teams need to see the layouts before hand but not a month before but maybe a few weeks. And coaching is just part of the game that should stay. But to the person saying In football you don't see the other teams field before hand... I actually face palmed myself reading that.... Its a 120yard field including end zones, by 51 1\2 yards wide.... That's it! Its the same thing every were!!! There's nothing that changes. Paintball fields change...
#63 on the roster #1 in your heart!!

#17 teamDYNASTY

teamDYNASTY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

youre not taking into account that when your in the game the fans on the sidelines are going to be calling out positions too. whats the difference if a coach does it too?

that is very true you cant stop the spectators from calling people's position out the coach is almost doing the same thing as any other spectator at an xball game
pm me if you play at robinhood paintball

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users