• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Fafnir

Fafnir

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:13 PM

I was at Wal-mart last night doing some late night shopping after work, decided to stop over in the sporting goods section to scope out the paintball gear, in hopes there might be a hidden gem or something there. You'll never know if you don't look. Much to my dismay, all of the paintball equipment had been removed. I asked one of the stock boys and was told that they were cycling out some of there inventory, and weren't expecting to get in more paintball equipment. I didn't think to ask at the time if any other stores would still have equipment, since i was looking just on a whim, but i imagine that if one of their stores stops selling, others would too.

Now, i understand that Wal-mart is a terrible terrible place to go to buy most paintball gear, the majority of it is junk, the paint can sit for weeks, if not months. and your marker selection is brass eagles, occasional spider clones, or maybe a Tippmann. So all things considered, no big loss as far as shopping options.

However I find it a concern because Wal-mart is a big company, that a lot of people shop at, possibly exposing those people to our sport. which brings in new players, and helps to make paintball a little more mainstream. Does anyone else see this as something to be concerned over, or perhaps i am worrying needlessly?
Target Verified. Commencing Hostilities.

#2 KellyP

KellyP

Air Force

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:31 PM

More money was probably being spent to stock the shelves with it then the quantity sold

Posted Image
Pm me if your interested in a sig
Proud Air Force Paintballer

#3 guissippi1991

guissippi1991

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:48 PM

Our local Walmart still has paintballs not like equipment really.
No text larger then size 3 is allowed in the signature.

#4 Ben Stanczik

Ben Stanczik

^^Lego ball!^^

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:31 PM

At my local walmart, all I good paint is bought fast... Like REALLY fast..

+8/-0Ben Stanczik's Feedback

Ninja Tank Owner Club!

#5 TheSneakyRussian

TheSneakyRussian

Sophomore Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:04 PM

please move this to the positive paintball news forum... Posted Image
Put this in your sig if you're under 18 and you buy your own gear!

My setup: dangerous power g4, vforce profilers, proto 2010 pants, invert prevail jersey, halo b, nxe pro pack plus, draxxus 68 4500

#6 No one of Consequence

No one of Consequence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:18 PM

ive noticed walmart has significantly downsized their paintball selection.
The blood of the wicked must be spilled. So that witch is good may flourish

#7 sam0412

sam0412

Hi Marq!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:40 PM

^^^LMAO^^^
Empire Products Owners' ClubMARQ 6 - 3000/48 Tank - Empire Magna Drive -DYE I4's - Empire Punk Playing Jersey (X-Over) and Empire Playing Pants!

R.I.P BORG - 18/8/2011 Not A Day To Remember But A Day NEVER To Forget! </3

#8 Loren

Loren

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 05:52 AM

My walmart just changed brands of paintball crap. From extreme rage to visible impact.

It's all garbage though.

Dye Matrix 2006
Ninja 68/4500
Empire Prophecy
Invert Avatar Mask with fanz installed

#9 MattThePossum

MattThePossum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:06 PM

this

#10 Aulldeath

Aulldeath

Pain is irrelevent, yet inevitable.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:44 PM

No, walmart is not getting rid of their paintball sections, it is just certain walmarts are given orders to remove pretty much random sections from the store, that they deem as not 100% increasing their sales. Don't worry, they like to change their minds at random times and you will see paintball gear back on the shelves in no time, then you will see them go away again.
The higher ups have no amount of order in their ideas.

They got rid of our guns at our store, then went and brought them back, and I heard that they are getting rid of them soon, and we just built the display like a week ago.
Posted Image
Yes, I work at Wal*Mart, got a problem with that?

#11 WasabiBoi

WasabiBoi

★ ❈~Lucky Star~❈★

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:13 AM

My walmart just changed brands of paintball crap. From extreme rage to visible impact.

It's all garbage though.

Not true.

Visible Impact is owned by Procaps. Which also happens to be owned by VForce which I believe Greg Hastlings owns as well. He also owns Redz paintball. Plus the game franchise.

So the goggles you see at walmart are Vforce Shields? (Still a decent mask for any noobie nevertheless) The paint is from procaps. The Co2 tanks are standard. The pod packs are standard. The gravity hoppers are fine too. I noticed that there isn't any more tippmann paint or Brass Eagle anymore.

#12 C-rob

C-rob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:31 AM

at my walmart they still have a small sector for paintballs but not much
born in the great white north

#13 littlepb

littlepb

D.O.N 4 vet LL4 here i come

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:15 AM

im just putting this out there alot of people got into the sport by walmart
Posted Image
-Spyder sonix 09
-Velocity
- Dxs 68 4500
if you love paintball join http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=135902

#14 chewiestmonkey

chewiestmonkey

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:08 AM

visible impact is decent stuff really
My BST feedback thread: http://www.techpb.co...&mode=show&st=0
If you'r too busy getting even, you will never get ahead.

#15 ProtoRules

ProtoRules

Asian Beaver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:29 PM

Everytime I go to walmart all the pods, tanks, mask, and random stuff are gone, all that's left is paint
Posted Image
Tampa Bay Damage Is # 1

#16 mash

mash

hungry member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:39 PM

Didn't kee action sports just sign a deal with Walmart?
Posted Image

#17 XNARUX

XNARUX

The Starcraft/Paintball Hybrid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:59 AM

I feel that this is a good thing. The paint that was always sold at wal-mart was below crap-quality.
Paintball: My antidrug. Because when you put so much money into paintball how the fuck do you pay for crack cocaine?

#18 atlpaintball24

atlpaintball24

Do you even lift?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:55 AM

The only thing I ever bought there was pods anyway.

#19 Collie Dog

Collie Dog

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:06 AM

My local Wal-Mart carries Carver One's , Cybrid, Brass eagle, and Tippmann 98's THATS all. Maybe some pods, Visible Impact paint and a crappy JT carbon barrel with a spyder adapter that has NO porting and charge $35 for it. I'd sooner visit my local (well semi local pro shops) like Boss Paintball in Concord NC or Paintball Central in Matthews.

K-mart is starting to carry better products in paintball these days. Though what is with the JT Toxin balls. I usually plsy with WPN Toxic...but JT? Come on really leaching off a simular name and color so people get confused? really? :dodgy:

Edited by Collie Dog, 28 April 2011 - 09:08 AM.

President of Carolina Ballers Club!

#20 98Pro

98Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:36 PM

JT and WPN are both owned by Empire so it might have been a merge or something.

#21 bigmags14

bigmags14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:45 PM

I check my walmarts paintball section when i go, it seems like their inventory is getting smaller and smaller. They have 98's, carver 1's and the jt cybrid. they used to have a lot more.

I was at Wal-mart last night doing some late night shopping after work, decided to stop over in the sporting goods section to scope out the paintball gear, in hopes there might be a hidden gem or something there. You'll never know if you don't look. Much to my dismay, all of the paintball equipment had been removed. I asked one of the stock boys and was told that they were cycling out some of there inventory, and weren't expecting to get in more paintball equipment. I didn't think to ask at the time if any other stores would still have equipment, since i was looking just on a whim, but i imagine that if one of their stores stops selling, others would too.

Now, i understand that Wal-mart is a terrible terrible place to go to buy most paintball gear, the majority of it is junk, the paint can sit for weeks, if not months. and your marker selection is brass eagles, occasional spider clones, or maybe a Tippmann. So all things considered, no big loss as far as shopping options.

However I find it a concern because Wal-mart is a big company, that a lot of people shop at, possibly exposing those people to our sport. which brings in new players, and helps to make paintball a little more mainstream. Does anyone else see this as something to be concerned over, or perhaps i am worrying needlessly?

my walmarts paintball section is getting smaller and smaller.
Posted Image

#22 Sgt Moose

Sgt Moose

Nah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,400 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:20 PM

Good.

#23 johnbriggs

johnbriggs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:31 AM

More money was probably being spent to stock the shelves with it then the quantity sold

I agree!:tup:

#24 Pac70

Pac70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:17 PM

I think this is a good thing because first of... That is like one of the places that carrys monsterballs and that is like ruining paintball. aha so yea
ETEK 3 - PROPHECY v 2.0 - NINJA 50/4500 GREY GHOST PEANUT

#25 Aulldeath

Aulldeath

Pain is irrelevent, yet inevitable.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:06 AM

Walmart does not carry monsterballs, they do however, carry a cheap brand of paintballs for $20 per 2000 case that are almost like monsterballs, not quiet as extreme though.

Sections in Walmart change periodically. They believe if they change it up, people may buy more of another thing, and then after a while, bring something new in, or bring something BACK in, and sell quiet a bit of the items.

Posted Image
Yes, I work at Wal*Mart, got a problem with that?

#26 Kermit

Kermit

TechPB, sad to see the end of an era. R.I.P.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:59 AM

It's all garbage though.

Not true.

Visible Impact is owned by Procaps. Which also happens to be owned by VForce which I believe Greg Hastlings owns as well. He also owns Redz paintball. Plus the game franchise.

So the goggles you see at walmart are Vforce Shields? (Still a decent mask for any noobie nevertheless) The paint is from procaps. The Co2 tanks are standard. The pod packs are standard. The gravity hoppers are fine too. I noticed that there isn't any more tippmann paint or Brass Eagle anymore.

MonsterBalls were renamed and called Reaction paint. Still good paint for testing guns, I used it for that all the time. The goggles are remade Vforce Armor masks, which I've happened to use before and it's a nice mask for $20.

My local store switched to selling Impact paint only, Tippmann 98's, Carver 1's and the whole Extreme Rage/Visible Impact line.

#27 fg2chase

fg2chase

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:24 PM

Wal Mart was where i got my paintball gear 10 -11 years ago.

Didn't really know any better.

#28 Talic

Talic

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:06 PM

i believe they're removing it from stores that aren't selling to well. The stores that are by areas that people still go out and do sports stuff still sell it. But places that out in urban or in poorer neighborhoods removed their inventory and from what I've seen replaced it with airsoft stuff :tdn:

#29 Comptonpaintball

Comptonpaintball

Never mind the marker , Mind the player

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:06 AM

walmart helps the sport i know many people that bought there first gun in walmart and are in to the sport now
put this in your sig. if you are under 18 and pay for everything paintball related, gear, entry, air, paint.
R.I.P BORG =(

#30 p8baller338

p8baller338

touch my monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:21 AM

the FIRST thing i think of when i read this, Ollie did a better job then Lebron did....

#31 RicoStang

RicoStang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 01:15 AM

I purchased some JT paint at walmart with a friend for the hell of it just for some cheap stuff to play with. Wasn't horrible Certainly wasn't my bore size or what I'd use in a tournament, but it's not awful for a quick fun game of woodsball. If you have a good enough gun that doesn't chop paint, you'll be fine for a cheap practice ball. RPS does JT's formula anyway. Though wal-mart isn't the first place I'd go for paintballs.
Ego 10 w/ full SL2 kit (unmodded, for now)
Rotor (w/ virtue Soft-Cycle Arm)
Freeflow 68/4500
Backup: Blackheart Envy

#32 cavemag

cavemag

R.I.P Borg.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 01:22 AM

It's all garbage though.

Not true.

Hastings doesnt own Redz anymore.

Edited by cavemag, 21 July 2011 - 01:27 AM.

Posted Image

#33 Red Infinity

Red Infinity

sugar berzerk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:57 PM

we recently upgraded to a vending machiene.
RAWR?

#34 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,745 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:08 PM

I get jt pods from there I just went there and saw they did reduce the inventory and add more airsoft meh I really don't care pods are $1.97 with tax they end up exatly $2.00 and that's basically all I get from there maybe I get some barrel swabs but that's it and some people end up being d'bags and say I need to be 18 to buy pods and swabs -.- so I end up just taking them back and walk away with a swab
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#35 imaginarypuppets

imaginarypuppets

I have the cape, I get to make the whooshing noises!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:20 PM

It's all garbage though.

Not true.

MonsterBalls were renamed and called Reaction paint. Still good paint for testing guns, I used it for that all the time. The goggles are remade Vforce Armor masks, which I've happened to use before and it's a nice mask for $20.

My local store switched to selling Impact paint only, Tippmann 98's, Carver 1's and the whole Extreme Rage/Visible Impact line.

Got that right, people will have a hell of a reaction when they get shot by it
My Techpb BST feedback: http://www.techpb.co...1

[PB2011] I counter offer with ion that has the national debt in u
[imaginarypuppets] PB2011 the national debt is inside of me?

G6r fst: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=181183

#36 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:32 PM

walmart, like many retailers stocks products by demand. If no one buys it then why stock it?
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#37 walrus27

walrus27

My presence is my present kiss my ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:36 PM

I've seen a Mini at a walmart before

-totally unrelated
Posted Image

I named my g4 shaqueefa because it was ghetto.

#38 aresfiend

aresfiend

Noob Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:57 PM

I get jt pods from there I just went there and saw they did reduce the inventory and add more airsoft meh I really don't care pods are $1.97 with tax they end up exatly $2.00 and that's basically all I get from there maybe I get some barrel swabs but that's it and some people end up being d'bags and say I need to be 18 to buy pods and swabs -.- so I end up just taking them back and walk away with a swab

Hmmm.... at my wal mart pods are $5.99 with tax. Fuck that. I pay $.90 per pod after shipping.

My local mart also sells the entire line of JT markers and the raptor mask along with 20/9 oz CO2 tanks. I can get a case of JT Elite for $35 and call it good though since they get new paint every 2 weeks and it is usually in better quality than the paint at my field.

#39 imaginarypuppets

imaginarypuppets

I have the cape, I get to make the whooshing noises!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:41 PM

-totally unrelated

what??? :blink: i didn't think that was possible
My Techpb BST feedback: http://www.techpb.co...1

[PB2011] I counter offer with ion that has the national debt in u
[imaginarypuppets] PB2011 the national debt is inside of me?

G6r fst: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=181183

#40 walrus27

walrus27

My presence is my present kiss my ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:33 PM

-totally unrelated

i'm fo real

Edited by walrus27, 30 October 2011 - 06:33 PM.

Posted Image

I named my g4 shaqueefa because it was ghetto.

#41 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:52 PM

Idk it actually might be good. They were still selling some scary ass paint. My friend just brought some to the field he bought from walmart. It was hard as all hell. it took us 3 times to break it against a concrete wall after dipping it in water. When we threw them they returned all the way back to us. It was the scariest paint ive ever seen even worse than monster balls.

#42 Person23423

Person23423

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:10 PM

I am going to write a book on the terrible time I have at my old field where I don't work anymore.

Feedback

Click here to help a poor guy who wasted his money buying stupid shi* guns.

#43 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,745 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:59 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07M3waPg6DU&feature=related

:lol: :lol: :lol: I almost cried when I saw the end of this movie the star wars series was that awesome it wasn't no super awesome ninja's of doom disney shit
Posted Image

#44 Tyler1225_1993

Tyler1225_1993

DominatorPB

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:23 AM

yup, wal-mart by my house doesn't sell paintball equipment anymore.
DominatorPB!
Pinokio Army v2!
Dye/Proto Owners Club!
Proud Pump Owner: CCM 6.5 Brown/Black!
Fort Myers Legends Paintball Team (CAP)!

#45 CluelessOne28

CluelessOne28

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:41 PM

-totally unrelated

i'm fo real

its true, i remember seeing it on their website, it actually being in a store......different story
"It was supposed to be serious, but then I followed your advice."

I'm more of a stalker than poster around here...

#46 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,745 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:56 AM

I think Walmart sells minis too
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users