6 replies to this topic

#1 ethanp123

ethanp123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:02 PM

Ok,

For anybody who's owned a gen1.5-gen2 DP G3 and has upgraded to the stock upgrade board, only to realize that their trigger won't always be read by the optics on the board and some pulls are not registered.

Well, I've found a way to guarantee that every pull will be read by the eye.

(this won't require pics, it's quite simple)

1. Remove your trigger from the gun, by removing the frame from the gun, unscrewing the little screw that holds the trigger in place, and slipping it upward
2. Now for the hard part: Take a very sharp knife, and gently scrape against the little metal part that passes over the optic, until that little part looks shinier than before. (BE GENTLE; I'VE BROKEN IT AND HAD TO GLUE IT TOGETHER. Glueing is possible, caz the trigger works fine now. It was also way worth it :P).

I guarantee you this is will fix what you might not be sure was a problem, because you'll notice the difference

hope nobody's done this before,

ethanp123

#2 kert.

kert.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:21 PM

I did the exact same thing. It helped! B)

#3 ENGL.

ENGL.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:11 PM

Sounds a little dodgy lol, but ill try it seeing as how im getting TBOs trigger
My sig was edited / removed because it was not within the rules. Images used in signatures are to be less then Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is aloud in the signature.

My text was too big. Help me read the rules and become a mod?

#4 kooky47

kooky47

No, Id win, look it up

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:31 PM

Yea it does help a bit, but a new trigger doesnt hurt :ph34r:

MY Sexy Ocean Rev-i, For Sale CHEAP

Maximum Paintball

Store Field

#5 Mwagballer

Mwagballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:47 PM

i broke that thing off my trigger cuz i'm stupid, and had to resort to super glue
My sig was edited because it was not within the rules. Images used in signatures are to be less then Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is aloud in the signature.

#6 DPG3

DPG3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 05:43 PM

Ok,

For anybody who's owned a gen1.5-gen2 DP G3 and has upgraded to the stock upgrade board, only to realize that their trigger won't always be read by the optics on the board and some pulls are not registered.

Well, I've found a way to guarantee that every pull will be read by the eye.

(this won't require pics, it's quite simple)

1. Remove your trigger from the gun, by removing the frame from the gun, unscrewing the little screw that holds the trigger in place, and slipping it upward
2. Now for the hard part: Take a very sharp knife, and gently scrape against the little metal part that passes over the optic, until that little part looks shinier than before. (BE GENTLE; I'VE BROKEN IT AND HAD TO GLUE IT TOGETHER. Glueing is possible, caz the trigger works fine now. It was also way worth it :P ).

I guarantee you this is will fix what you might not be sure was a problem, because you'll notice the difference

hope nobody's done this before,

ethanp123

or superglue a piece of tinfoil on the part of the trigger that the sensor hits and wrap the excess around the back of the trigger or cut it off. make sure you get the shiny side of the tinfoil, WORKS GREAT! :D

#7 Yoda

Yoda

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:25 PM

You could just put on a piece of tin foil, or just use some very fine sand paper rather than a knife.
Great idea though.

Images used in signatures are to be less than Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is allowed in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are allowed. No text larger then size 2 is allowed in the signature.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users