• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 TeamAnomaly

TeamAnomaly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:28 PM

Team Anomaly is beginning our 2011 season by hosting tryouts to boost up to our full 12-man roster. We've still got a few spots left.

Our history:
HustlePaintball.com is expanding it's influence and assembling a top-notch scenario/big game team in Denver, CO. We are fully backed by a number of sponsors. We also have a home field, Blitz Paintball (www.blitzpaintball.net), so we'll have a great place to practice, for highly reduced entry fees.

Let me jump right in and cut to the chase. I (Ethan Hall) used to play tournament paintball at a very high level. While I enjoyed the competition and honed my skills, you have to be at the absolute top of your division to get ANY recognition, and it quickly turned into a job (one that I didn't enjoy very much). After starting and building HustlePaintball.com for the last 4 years, I've realized that of course, I still love to play paintball, but I love to play with with the largest group of players in the sport! That is, the recreational group. Big games and scenario events are the best way to play with large groups of paintballs, who love the sport, and are more concerned with having a good time and healthy competition - not just winning.

The difference between us and many other scenario teams is that we're legit. We'll have head-to-toe gear sponsorship and backing from all of our sponsors. We're not looking for any clown with a paintball gun, we will be VERY selective and will be looking for players who are dedicated to getting better and promoting this great sport. I don't care if you show up to the tryouts with a top of the line setup or a plastic walmart gun. If you show positive qualities and willingness to learn, you are in a VERY good position.

We use HD camera equipment and take helmet cam videos of every day of play. We aim to outfit our players with as much quality gear as possible, so that we not only look uniform, but we play uniform and move as a true team (and have the footage to prove it!)

Pre-Lim tryouts for 2011 are going to be held at Blitz Paintball (www.blitzpaintball.net) on March 26th, starting at noon. Please show up early, so that you can get registered, go through Blitz Orientation (if you've never been to the field, you must attend), and get your gun and gear set up and organized.

Blitz prices:
Entry & All Day Air - $12
Paint prices - $48 per case
If you stop by Hustle Paintball prior to the event, you can purchase higher quality paint for less. It will be slightly discounted for people who show up for tryouts.

We will run a series of drills to evaluate your skills. I'd like to emphasize - if you are the best player at tryouts, and you have an attitude that you know everything, I guarantee you won't make the team. If you've got no skill whatsoever, but show immense potential and willingness to learn, consider your chances very high.

Contact the captains, Ethan and Dan, at ethan@hustlepaintballfactory.com or dan@hustlepaintballfactory.com or call 720-375-3693 (Ethan) to let us know you're coming. You don't have to register, but we'd prefer it. I'd like for you to include a short resume - tell us about your current gear, where you live, your age, and a brief history of your playing experience.

Tryouts are weather dependent. I'll be updating this thread in the weeks prior to tryouts, as the weather forecast is available. If the weather is poor on that date, we'll aim for the next day, or the next weekend.

Current Sponsors:
Sly Equipment (Jerseys, Pants, Gloves) - We're looking for new sponsors for 2011 for soft goods, and we've got some excellent options in mind. The top option is Tanked (http://tanked.tv/)
Sandana (headbands/headwraps)
Guerrilla (compressed air tanks and covers)
Gen X Global (Pods and Ball Haulers)
Planet Eclipse (Guns)
Dye Precision (Rotors)
Tippmann/NXe (Gear bags, packs and event support)
TechT (i-Fit Barrel Kits and Hush Bolts)
Exalt Developments - Tank Covers, Feedgates, TRX Cleats and accessories
JT - Spectra ProFlex

There are plenty of other potential sponsors in the queue as well.

When you check in at registration, please inquire where the Hustle Paintball tryouts will be, and they will direct you to where to meet us.

We plan to hit as many scenario events in Colorado as possible, as well as potentially competing in the UWL and/or SPPL.

Feel free to send questions our way - we've been taking this very seriously, and we're going to do it right, so saddle up, and we'll see you soon!
Team Anomaly - Hustle Paintball Factory Team - www.hustlepaintballfactory.com/forum
Sponsors: SLY - Guerrilla Air - Sandana - HustlePaintball.com - Dye Precision - Gen X Global - Planet Eclipse - Tippmann/NXE - TechT Paintball - Exalt Developments - JT USA

#2 Jalen

Jalen

Resident Psychopath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:44 AM

A few questions:

1. What time will the tryouts be? I live way down here in Franktown so I'd like to get an idea of when I'd need to leave to get to Hustle for some paint, go from there to Blitz, do that orientation thing...

2. Do you guys have an age minimum? (edit: I'm almost 17)

3. If one makes the team, would one have to only play at Blitz?

Edited by Jalen, 03 March 2011 - 08:44 PM.

I only play paintball so I can tell dirty jokes.

#3 TeamAnomaly

TeamAnomaly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:30 PM

A few questions:

1. What time will the tryouts be? I live way down here in Franktown so I'd like to get an idea of when I'd need to leave to get to Hustle for some paint, go from there to Blitz, do that orientation thing...

2. Do you guys have an age minimum? (edit: I'm almost 17)

3. If one makes the team, would one have to only play at Blitz?

17 is fine.

Tryouts will start around noon. We will be playing at Blitz pretty regularly, so we'd really want you to be there as often as possible. If you want me to bring paint for you, I can do that, and you can pay when you get there, since Hustle is closed on the weekends.
Team Anomaly - Hustle Paintball Factory Team - www.hustlepaintballfactory.com/forum
Sponsors: SLY - Guerrilla Air - Sandana - HustlePaintball.com - Dye Precision - Gen X Global - Planet Eclipse - Tippmann/NXE - TechT Paintball - Exalt Developments - JT USA

#4 Jalen

Jalen

Resident Psychopath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:09 AM

Tryouts will start around noon. We will be playing at Blitz pretty regularly, so we'd really want you to be there as often as possible. If you want me to bring paint for you, I can do that, and you can pay when you get there, since Hustle is closed on the weekends.

That'd be nice. How much is it per case? (and also, what brand of paint is it?)

And how often is "regularly"? Once a week? Twice a month?

Edited by Jalen, 04 March 2011 - 12:15 AM.

#5 TeamAnomaly

TeamAnomaly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:27 AM

Paint is $33 for DXS Basic Training.

We play together nearly every week. Sometimes down at Hooligan's Hole (south of CO springs), sometimes Tunka games, but most often at Blitz.

#6 Jalen

Jalen

Resident Psychopath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:41 PM

Awesome, put me down for three cases! (I'll mention it again in my email)

#7 TeamAnomaly

TeamAnomaly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:29 PM

Sounds good - we'll see you then.

#8 Jalen

Jalen

Resident Psychopath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:51 AM

A few questions my friends have (the ones who are too lazy to make an account here):

Is there a specific area in the staging area where we should set up? or just move over to wherever you guys plop down when you arrive? do we need to "sign in" with you or something?

Edited by Jalen, 25 March 2011 - 02:51 AM.

#9 TeamAnomaly

TeamAnomaly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:07 AM

You just need to check in at blitz - you can ask them where the Hustle/Anomaly guys are, but we'll be easy to spot - black and lime green gear.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users