#1 Smokey Mac

Smokey Mac

Be quick or be dead

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:28 PM

Howdy Admins,

So I'm sure you all know the hassles of paying for international shipping on used paintball items yes? Well so do I! I've been spending a lot of time trying to avoid having to do so, by combing the B/S/T and finding Canadian sellers primarily.. It's been working to some extent. I have managed to save near a hundred dollars in shipping over the past few transactions I have made here, but the problem with this method is that it is a very very slow and tedious process. It takes a good long time to find and compare all of the B/S/T threads looking for people of specific nationality.

So would you in your infinite wisdom consider putting up a B/S/T in the Canadian-sub forum for us poor Canuks? You'd be saving each and every member who sells/buys there at LEAST 15$ in shipping for each transaction. Not to mention the wait time for any items will but cut down due to the lessened distance is will have to travel, and the absence of customs agents poking around.

We would still use the regular B/S/T as well, it would just make things a ton easier for Canadians to find Canadians to buy from.

Thank you for your time.

Smokey
"How could you shoot women and children?!"
"Easy! Ya just don't lead em so much ! haha. Ain't war hell?"
"To all of the players I want you to remember that its YOU who control this game and this industry. Treat it wisely and vote with your dollars so your kids can play along side you some day."
- Tom Kaye, 12-08-2004
<If your SLG works put this in ur sig>

#2 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,817 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:43 PM

While it would indeed save us quite a bit of money, it also limits our potential buyer base down a bit... more or less being selective with advertising to a select few. Unfortunately Canadian paintball is only a fraction of the entire paintball industry/userbase.. So I have a feeling we wouldn't be able to drive the traffic needed to justify it's creation here.

It took awhile to get to the creation of our subforums for no other reason that it was not high up on the priority list, so I tend to think we won't be able to justify the creation of this. Perhaps stick to using local or regional forums for certain BST transactions if you can, or put in "Canada" or some other identifiable tag in your BST treads here.

I'm playing devils advocate here as a Canadian as well, I just don't think we can drive through enough traffic... I mean PbN doesn't have a section for that unless you count the sad sad SAD attempt in the Canada sub-forums there to link to your sales threads, and their BST is leaps and bounds more active then ours.

Edited by HeroForADay, 15 February 2011 - 01:44 PM.

#3 Smokey Mac

Smokey Mac

Be quick or be dead

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:45 PM

There is no reason why a person couldn't open a thread in the Original BST , and then again in the Canadian.But I hear you loud and clear. Consider the topic forgotten.

Edited by Smokey Mac, 15 February 2011 - 01:46 PM.

"To all of the players I want you to remember that its YOU who control this game and this industry. Treat it wisely and vote with your dollars so your kids can play along side you some day."
- Tom Kaye, 12-08-2004

#4 TechPB-Willie

TechPB-Willie

The man behind the scene.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:52 PM

I have thrown the idea around for a Canadain BST but in the end I can not truly see a reason to justify it. It would then be just as easy for another country to request the same and then I have 20 different BST. So to be fair all around I must say that this idea has been rejected.

I have given in while consolidating all other section I broke up Canada. It was some thing I stated I would do but needed to work on things and consider how. So this was a tough decision. I hope the Canada sections stay active otherwise I will be forced to re-consolidate the sections. But I am a man of my word and kept it to the fellow Canadians that I would separate them into sections.

Thanks for your continued support.

#5 Smokey Mac

Smokey Mac

Be quick or be dead

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:59 PM

Love you too willie :P
- Tom Kaye, 12-08-2004

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users