• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Zags

Zags

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:25 AM

Which is better and which one do you get more bang for your buck !!

#2 Canadian_monster

Canadian_monster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:13 PM

Sure the rail is a great gun, but the gog envy has better bang for your buck, easier to customize with tons of options and with a blackheart board and a decent barrel itll put the rail to shame.
Keep it safe,Keep it clean and have fun
All new players Check out the GOG products G1 and eNvy

#3 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:18 PM

Agreed! Canadian monster got it right. GOG for the win.

Best bang for your buck.

#4 psi-paintballer

psi-paintballer

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:54 PM

the now envy will smoke most to all $300 markers hands down with a blackheart board. I have a vibe w/b-heart and an apex barrel and i dominate in woods ball and speed ball. Its alot of fun to play with an apex barrel in airball

EVEN IF THE REFS DIDN'T, GOD SAW YOU WIPE!!!!!!

#5 WarEaglePaintballer

WarEaglePaintballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:02 AM

2011 Rail definitely for the win
super light and almost has same parts as a nt
War Eagle

#6 G6R

G6R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 06:21 AM

rail for sure man. that gun shoots so so smooth, it has an amazing sig sound too very quite. its pretty much like a dye nt but the lil brother. look up mikes video on the 2011 proto rail review on you tube, he really really liked the gun. But seriously look up that video before you buy man. we all know mike knows his stuff.

Edited by G6R, 20 February 2011 - 06:24 AM.

#7 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 06:25 AM

rail for sure man. that gun shoot so so smooth has an amazing sig sound. its pretty like a dye nt but the lil brother. look up mikes video on you tube, he really really like the gun. But seriously look up that video before you but man. we all know mike knows his stuff.

Watch Mike's video on the SLG. Every review Mike has done at least in the last year-year and a half has been positive. He almost always says "You really just cannot beat this gun for the price", or "Did we break a single ball? Nope, didnt break a single ball". Etc. I respect his opinion, but when you only give positive reviews of things, it is easy to realize that unless he is just lost for words about the gun, it is mediocre at best.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#8 G6R

G6R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:24 AM

rail for sure man. that gun shoot so so smooth has an amazing sig sound. its pretty like a dye nt but the lil brother. look up mikes video on you tube, he really really like the gun. But seriously look up that video before you but man. we all know mike knows his stuff.

Watch Mike's video on the SLG. Every review Mike has done at least in the last year-year and a half has been positive. He almost always says "You really just cannot beat this gun for the price", or "Did we break a single ball? Nope, didnt break a single ball". Etc. I respect his opinion, but when you only give positive reviews of things, it is easy to realize that unless he is just lost for words about the gun, it is mediocre at best.

I feel like you be trolling me lol. no true he did't like the mini and he always has pros and cons on markers he is testing especially when he compares two markers. and FYI the 2011 rail is not a SLG just like the reflex is not the matrix. before i purchased the 2011 rail and my G6R they seemed to be the best marker for the buck. have you even seen thew 2011 Proto rail review by Mike on techpb youtube?? like i said he really liked the gun saying you get more for what you pay. i have seen almost all of his reviews and if you did you could tell when he really likes a marker and when he just talking positive BS like you said.

#9 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:37 AM

I feel like you be trolling me lol. no true he did't like the mini and he always has pros and cons on markers he is testing especially when he compares two markers. and FYI the 2011 rail is not a SLG just like the reflex is not the matrix. before i purchased the 2011 rail and my G6R they seemed to be the best marker for the buck. have you even seen thew 2011 Proto rail review by Mike on techpb youtube?? like i said he really liked the gun saying you get more for what you pay. i have seen almost all of his reviews and if you did you could tell when he really likes a marker and when he just talking positive BS like you said.

Not trolling you. And his overall review of the Mini was still fairly positive. And when was it posted? Nearly two years ago. What did I state? "his videos in the last 1-1.5 years". And his cons on markers are usually short or non-existent, when larger issues with the gun go unmentioned. (hence my reference to the SLG) He churched the SLG way up. Guess what? Worst gun made in modern paintball.

I also never claimed that the 2011 rail was the SLG, did I? And sorry, for 400 bucks you could have gotten a Quest which would have been better in performance than the Rail, but whatever. Once again, I love how your defense is "did you see Mike's review on it!?" Yay, grats. He churched up yet another gun, and said how great it was for the money. Like. Every. Other. Single. Marker. He. Reviews. Is it a good gun? I have no doubt. Especially since there is not a lot of competition in the mid range spoolie department.

I take everything Mike says about guns with a grain of salt. If he is nearly pissing himself trying to explain it, then sure, he likely genuinely likes the gun. But in general? He talks up a lot of "meh" guns.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#10 hogzilla88

hogzilla88

Something about narwhals...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:37 AM

Not to get off topic, but you would be much better off buying used. For the $200-300 you are looking to spend, you can find used guns that are much better than the envy or the rail. Check out The BST section, even eBay.

#11 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:27 AM

Not to get off topic, but you would be much better off buying used. For the $200-300 you are looking to spend, you can find used guns that are much better than the envy or the rail. Check out The BST section, even eBay.

This.

But if you dont want to go used, I'd have the RAIL, sure the eNVy is probably better but I just prefer the RAIL, it's smoother and has a better reg, and looks sexy in black.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#12 TheBlueFlame44

TheBlueFlame44

4 more years till automatic laces!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:27 PM

This.

But if you dont want to go used, I'd have the RAIL, sure the eNVy is probably better but I just prefer the RAIL, it's smoother and has a better reg, and looks sexy in black.

True, it may be smoother, but the Vibe is the quietest gun I've ever heard, besides an autococker.
Posted Image

#13 Canadian_monster

Canadian_monster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:25 PM

This.

Stick with the eNvy or wait for the new GOG eXtacy. Ive shot both of the envy and the rail and can say the eNvy shoots smoother, less recoil, doesnt ever chop and is as quiet or quiter than the rail subject to change with your barrel and porting. Also the rail does not have a better regulator, the G1 and eNvy from GOG use the same reg design internally as in the DLX luxe 1500$ marker and is probly the best reg you can get stock and buying another after market would be a down grade.

Edited by Canadian_monster, 28 February 2011 - 08:25 PM.

Keep it safe,Keep it clean and have fun
All new players Check out the GOG products G1 and eNvy

#14 hogzilla88

hogzilla88

Something about narwhals...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:10 PM

Not trolling you. And his overall review of the Mini was still fairly positive. And when was it posted? Nearly two years ago. What did I state? "his videos in the last 1-1.5 years". And his cons on markers are usually short or non-existent, when larger issues with the gun go unmentioned. (hence my reference to the SLG) He churched the SLG way up. Guess what? Worst gun made in modern paintball.

I also never claimed that the 2011 rail was the SLG, did I? And sorry, for 400 bucks you could have gotten a Quest which would have been better in performance than the Rail, but whatever. Once again, I love how your defense is "did you see Mike's review on it!?" Yay, grats. He churched up yet another gun, and said how great it was for the money. Like. Every. Other. Single. Marker. He. Reviews. Is it a good gun? I have no doubt. Especially since there is not a lot of competition in the mid range spoolie department.

I take everything Mike says about guns with a grain of salt. If he is nearly pissing himself trying to explain it, then sure, he likely genuinely likes the gun. But in general? He talks up a lot of "meh" guns.

Well you can't expect Mike to encounter every problem there is with a marker in a few weeks that he tests stuff...

#15 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:34 AM

Well you can't expect Mike to encounter every problem there is with a marker in a few weeks that he tests stuff...

He claims to test them much longer than just a few weeks. And either way, it is kind of my point. If your point is valid, then you still have to take his advice with a grain of salt, because the marker could be a complete pile of shit, and he just didnt spend enough time on it. If he tests it for longer, then he either overlooked things, or was lucky enough to get one that was in perfect working condition. And honestly, if I gave a gun a glowing review, and it turned out that the thing was a total pile of shit, I would have revisited it, and cleared it up, because tons of people, even today, watch that video and think the SLG is a great gun.

And dont even get me started on how he talks about the SLG UL like it is the standard SLG. Watch his video. He doesnt mention a single time that it is not a standard SLG. Tons of people watch that video, and think that if they buy a 2009 SLG, they will get a UL frame, same board as in the DMs, no battery harness, etc.

That said, everyone makes mistakes, and you cannot be right all the time. I am not bashing Mike, he does a great service to the community. The problem is that too many people take his words like they are gold, and believe anything he says.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#16 NickBMKE

NickBMKE

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:49 AM

I have the eNVy and for the past two weeks I've played against people with rails and I've been smokin them. They've had nothing but problems come up with their boards and I have no idea what else, cause I was busy playing while they were troubleshooting at the field!
Feedback!!
My setup: Geo 2/09 Ego - v2 Prophecy/Pinokio - Ninja 68/45 - Sly Profits/Grillz

#17 Scuba_Steve04

Scuba_Steve04

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:22 AM

I am debating between these two markers as well.

So my question for you guys is aside from the Blackheart Board on the Envy what makes that marker a better choice then the 2011 Proto Rail?

I'm leaning more towards the Rail as I have had nothing but good experiences with any proto marker I've shot...I loved my SLG consistent as hell reg, smooth shooting, and quiet. So if anyone can sway me lets hear it.

#18 tent15

tent15

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:26 AM

I would take a used vibe blackheart over an envy blackheart any day. For one simple reason, it has a QEV and doesn't have shootdown past 11-13bps like the envy blackheart.

Edited by tent15, 18 May 2011 - 10:27 AM.

#19 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Probably better off just buying the GoG eXTCy, its only $50 more and comes with a Blackheart board installed already and a few other neat features.

#20 smoke14

smoke14

One Flew Over

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users