• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 JazzyGeoff

JazzyGeoff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:27 PM

What happened to paintball in NewMexico, I know its a poor state but it virtually died out. Anyway does anyone have any info on Armageddon paintball because I've heard some bad things.

#2 Blush

Blush

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:52 AM

a good amount of tournament players play at hinkle, and armageddon opened so there are some out there. they got used turf, bunkers, nets. hinkle is ok. its like 55$ a case with field pass.
removed by brycelarson for trying to circumvent bst section.

#3 JazzyGeoff

JazzyGeoff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:19 PM

I hate hinkle to be honest with you, they have no idea what there doing and half the time their field is in poorer condition than a 55 chevy in cuba. But seriously besides that its kinda dying out, I''ve even heared rumors that the las cruces complex may shut down.

#4 Blush

Blush

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:17 PM

ya it is going down. hinkle isn't 2 bad, the refs do know what they are doing. i dont know when you were there, but there have been lots of people who got fired. what we need 2 do is start it up again. kick the idiots that light people up, like families and kids trying to get into this sport. when i go to hinkle its nice, there are the tournament players there any they are all nice. lots of kids that are just getting into this sport 2. it gives you good practice. they have crappy bunkers, but it make you work harder to play those bunkers. i think, if you can play those bunkers then you can play any bunker.

#5 JazzyGeoff

JazzyGeoff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 05:00 PM

Ya I was there this last weekend it was better(as in the paint prices) I noticed there was alot of stacked teams but overall it was a good day...Also I have to compliment a ref for lending me his hopper because mine took a dive.

#6 kelenspvibe

kelenspvibe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:05 PM

los lunas paintball is the best thing thats happened for paintball in a long time.

Edited by kelenspvibe, 09 August 2009 - 07:13 PM.

team .38 special
<a href="http://newmexicopaintball.com" target="_blank">NewmexicoPaintball.com</a>
Sponsored by ANS gear.

#7 Blush

Blush

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:11 PM

yup yup, just go there and dont come back.

#8 kelenspvibe

kelenspvibe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:29 PM

yup dont come back because stinkle is a horrible place
team .38 special
<a href="http://newmexicopaintball.com" target="_blank">NewmexicoPaintball.com</a>
Sponsored by ANS gear.

#9 mikedosxx

mikedosxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 04:19 PM

I was able to visit each site armagedon , hinkel in albuquerque and the newly open shibbez in farmington nm.

Armagedon in albuquerque nm is a ok place it has a acs. store and a 4 man field set up and they do hold events thier for semi pro and amature players the field on a scale of 1 -10 is a 7 I saw no defated bunkers and the netting around the playing area was in great conditon also thier is are about two refs on weekends and it all depends on the event really.. the Store and the items sold are average the normal items mask, tanks, and general equipment the paint is a little costly being $55 a case of field aproved paint. In all armagedon is a good playing area to blast paintaround at other paintballers..

Hinkel family fun center is a /fun center/ put put mini golf/ paintball field in albuquerque nm ,they have two fields but one is being fixed. The cost even though i had all my equipment was $14 dol.! The rental equipment was based on a two hour rental for $19 dol. pre player. Paint is $55 dol a box of 2000 and they sell down to 100 paintballs. On the field all bunkers were in good conditon but like stated above the refs are ..well pretty sad.. the store which provides you with the paint has some accesories but don't go thier if your shit breaks down and you need parts.. good luck.. in all Hinkel family fun center on a scale of 1-10 is a 5

Shibbez is the new well fairly new indoor field/acs. store in farmington nm the field can a some times be poorly maintained depending on what day you go. Example fri. we went the field was flawless bunkers were in excellent conditon the turf was great but then.. Sun. came around and it looked like 30 team turnaments had gone threw it and had a full out war.. i couldn't even kneel down with out getting paint soke threw my pants ..sad :huh: . The refs are very attentive on each game. And the personal selling items and refilling your tanks keep the line low so your not standing thier holding two boxes fo paint waiting to check out .. the indoor aproved paint is on avg.. $45 dol a box of 2000 rds. and also they have a wide selection of paint for woods ballers. If you rent the equipment it's $20 dol.for your set up but if you have your personal equipment it's $7 dol and if you get a air card its free air all day you pay your first fill. In all Shibbez on a scale of 1 -10 is a 9

One more thing for the woods ballers their is an excellent store also in farmington which also selles equipment called THE PAINT ZONE this store has great prices, air , paint and everything a woodsballer may need ...

I hope this helps out my fellow paintballers form NM. The places mentioned above are based on this year in march and april of 2009.

#10 Greenfire76

Greenfire76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:01 AM

Hinkle has terrible service I went their a few weeks back with some friends and we spent most of the time waiting for the ref to come back from God knows where. 3/10 for experiecned players but 7/10 for new guys. They are way under staffed. We spent most of the time waiting for a match. If they hired 2 more people that probably wouldnt be a problem, the rentals were fair. one of my friends got 3 deffective guns in a row. Thier rental broke the fps limit of 275 fps by 50 fps. Half the field was under costruction. they have a REALLY FUNNY instructional video with the cinomon guy from the apple jacks commercials. they dont really follow their own rules, they dont check fps, they say semi auto only but they dont check, I once played with some little kids 7-9 when the age limit is 10+ they just laid behing the bunkers the whole time. The bunkers are crap too. I'm 5 foot 2 so i'm kinda short for my age (14) but thats good in the sports i play (paintball, airsoft, and baseball) but even i had trouble taking cover behind some bunkers.

Edited by Greenfire76, 03 May 2009 - 02:22 AM.

Paintball, Airsoft, Baseball ftw.
Greenfire76 - Zombie Survival Crew Member #74, Popcorn or Zombies, who dies first? 40% chance of survival

#11 Aerophyre

Aerophyre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:09 PM

I used to live in albuquerque about 10 years ago or so...is paintball action still around or did they die? In the 90's they were the only field in town.

#12 lightsout

lightsout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:33 PM

I went to Hinkle and it was horrible! The field is way to small, with not enough bunkers for how many people were playing. The refs are a joke and never help out. Like when i told them a whole bunch of people on my team kept getting bonus balled (like 10 times after we were already shot) and had our hand raised, I told the ref who was doing it and he said it was my fault.

#13 xXxdan741xXx

xXxdan741xXx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:34 PM

Hinkle is a good place for a beginner to go. the field is pretty small and the cost for a case of paint is like $50 bucks and the paint sucks. i wouuld give it a 5 out of 10, the refs are cool once u get to know them.
http://i751.photobuc...paintballer.jpg
If you see more than one person than you should lay of the drugs

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users