29 replies to this topic

#1 Wolfwood

Wolfwood

Unofficial Official Ranter.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:03 PM

Yes, two rants in two days, god damn it, i don't care, and neither should you.

Has someone ever given you medical advice? have you ever given medical advice?

Unless your name includes Dr. in it, SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Stop it, just stop it.

I have been tired recently, and, of course, everyone jumps on the bandwagon to regurgitate lines they heard on TV or somewhere on the internet.

"You should take herbal medication"

"You should try drinking Tea with lemon!"

"You should stick your head in a blender!"

No, want to know why I'm tired? because i just got a job the required me to get up at 6 am, and I've been getting up around 9 for a while now, my body has not yet adjusted to my new sleep schedule.

Oh, did you remember to ask about that? want to know how to give advice?

"You're tired? Hm, have you changed anything about your life?"

"Well, I've gotten a job, and have been getting up really early, only had it for about a week now"

"Oh, well, it's probably just your body adjusting to the new sleep schedule, but you should get it checked out if it goes on for too long, never know."

Bam, right there, that's how you give advice, BY NOT GIVING ADVICE.

Herbal medications are bullshit, want to know why? Because they don't work.

Herbal medications are not regulated, at all, they don't even have any sort of quality control, they add whatever the fuck they want in to the capsule, and claim it cures all sorts of problems that "Western Medicine" Does not WANT to cure because the MAN wants you to stay sick, so you buy more medicine (although, this is kind of true)

No, they add whatever fucking bullshit they want, and shrug, take Echinacea for example, it claims to "cure colds" bullshit, they add some Echinacea and probably cow shit and saw dust, shrug and laugh as people spend billions of dollars every year on.

And the best part, they claim to cure something very vague or something that goes away on its own, such as "Colds" "Stress" or "Fatigue"

How do you measure stress? you don't, they put lies in a capsule, and by telling you it will "Cure stress" you will buy it.

Guess what, Stress goes away on it's own, so do colds! but then you associate the pill for "curing" your cold, and the machine takes another.

If i have a cold, i stay at home, in my room and relax, if i have to go out, i wear a face mask, well, a gas mask, just because i never have the chance to wear it, it freaks people out, "OH MY GOD TERRORISTS! WERE ALL GONNA DIE! AAAAAEEEEIIII!!!" Good fun, good fun...

I'm not going to take your LIES, stop buying it, and sleep it off.

And don't even tell someone that you are trying to lose weight, ever, you're going to get the same fucking shit from everyone.

"Leik omg u shuld toats try X" no, I'm not, you know what I'm going to try? It's called hard work and exercise.

I'm going to let everyone in on a weight loss secret, that will "change your life"

DIETS. DON'T. WORK.

They don't, they never will, stop falling for them, they are ALL scams, all of them, i can charge you one dollar an hour, just to slap the shit out of you, every time you think a new fad diet will work, you will lose weight faster then Obama is losing ratings.

I don't care what diet.

Jenny Craig.
Atkins.
Nutrisystem.
Weight Watchers.
Cabbage Soup.
The Fucking Russian air force diet.

It does not matter, none of them work, why? Because they are bullshit and lies, all of them.

It's true, while you are on the diet, you may lose weight, but what happens when you drop to the weight you want? As soon as you get off the diet, you're just going to bounce right back up to the weight that you were.

Let's take Nutrisystem, you buy their shitty food, and lose weight, it's simple, people like simple.

But, then as soon as you get off, you gain weight, it's a cycle, the problem with these diet programs, is that they don't teach you how to eat correctly, it's honestly not hard, calorie counting, in my mind, is annoying and only applies to certain people, but you can't stay on the diet forever, the amount of adverse health effects just aren't worth it.

And even at that point, you still have to eat their food...oh god, the food.

Posted Image

Doesn't that look good? Jesus, it's like someone shat in to a Kid Cuisine box after they went to Taco Bell for some fourth meal, god, and people EAT that.

So, Don't offer people medical advice, you are NOT a doctor, unless the words coming out of your mouth are "That's my opinion, but you should see a doctor first." then shut the fuck up, no one wants to hear about it.

Dieting is stupid, there is a difference between a Diet and Eating Well.

Above, such as that Shit Cuisine, is a diet, they don't work.

Eating well, includes following the food pyramid, eating more leafy greens, maybe even talking to your doctor about how you can improve your diet.

But my favorite, is just eating what i like, in moderation, while hitting the Gym.

Also, if you can't afford a gym membership (mine is free) Go to a YMCA, i know a lot of them have gyms.

If not, go to to the pool, jesus.

Just stay away from the Fad diets.

And hippies still suck.

#2 They Call Me Wonderbread

They Call Me Wonderbread

I also love saving the money.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:10 PM

FIRST!!, now to read....

Edit: hippies do suck man.....

Edited by They Call Me Wonderbread, 25 February 2011 - 10:14 PM.

Posted Image
Cockerpunk - #1 awesome guy.

#3 Plattypus

Plattypus

You are FAT. First After Ten. - Ced.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,570 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:11 PM

Magooooeeeesssss.

I require a mango rant.

But this one was good too. :tup:

If you get shot in the jaw you remember you are playing paintball, man the fuck up and say thank you sir, may I have another. - Cdn

Southern California Ballers Club - Grazi #69 - Brotastic Bro Club of Win V.1
My Feedback +3/0/0
Posted Image

#4 x28marqlover

x28marqlover

Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:24 PM

I do believe that some diets do work. Weight watchers is really an effective way to lose weight if you have self control and are devoted to it. My mom lost 30 pounds 2 years ago and guess what, she didn't gain any of it back, if fact she lost more weight since then. Just stating that some diets do work if you follow the rules.

#5 Wolfwood

Wolfwood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:40 PM

I do believe that some diets do work. Weight watchers is really an effective way to lose weight if you have self control and are devoted to it. My mom lost 30 pounds 2 years ago and guess what, she didn't gain any of it back, if fact she lost more weight since then. Just stating that some diets do work if you follow the rules.

Give her a hive five, because she just got the FUCK YEAH award of the day.

#6 x28marqlover

x28marqlover

Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:44 PM

Give her a hive five, because she just got the FUCK YEAH award of the day.

I shall!

#7 CdnNinja

CdnNinja

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • 21,798 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:44 PM

Sweet baby raptor Jesus that's a long rant.

But you already knew what my suggestion was going to be anyway.

Kill everyone.

Posted Image

40k-1.png

#8 Wolfwood

Wolfwood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:58 PM

Kill everyone.

You've never read my Flying rant, have you?

#9 CdnNinja

CdnNinja

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • 21,798 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:00 PM

I skimmed it...
:D

40k-1.png

#10 Wolfwood

Wolfwood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:36 AM

I skimmed it...
:D

That shit used to span an entire page.

#11 chappinpaint

chappinpaint

the /thread guy

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:40 AM

Kill everyone.

Posted Image

this picture makes it look like the stickman has a huge boner

i sigged myself once

#12 Dominerva210

Dominerva210

Out of the Way, Jerks.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:41 AM

haha diets, what a joke. The secret is stop being a lazy fuck, balance your work out with your intake. Buncha Derps.

Posted Image

"the traccer is all plasticy and feels like an old BE gun when you pump it. yuck!"- cockerpunk May 31, 2011 11:47 am

I wouldn't trust someone who makes an ad like that to fill a cup of water.

#13 Username

Username

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:48 AM

Herbal medications are not regulated, at all, they don't even have any sort of quality control, they add whatever the fuck they want in to the capsule

Actually herbal supplement manufacturers do have to follow good manufacturing processes in order to make sure what you said can happen doesn't happen. Along with the right amount of whatever is going into each capsule. Manufacturers don't have to seek FDA approval to put their product on the market, but the FDA is responsible for keeping track of products for safety concerns.

+1 internetz for me.

Edited by Username, 26 February 2011 - 02:03 AM.

National Rifle Association
Posted Image

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
~ Thomas Jefferson

#14 ibunkeru666

ibunkeru666

what do i type here?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:21 PM

Idk it sounds to me like if someone is offering you medical advice, sound or not, is probably just being nice. I know if my friend looks like death warmed over i'd tell him "hey, you look rough maybe some cold medicine?". I dont see a reason to freak out on these people, if it sounds like they have no clue what they are talking about dont take their advice? thats my 2 cents.
Posted Image
Ion Owners Group #1 ETEK OWNERS GROUP #17

#15 Wolfwood

Wolfwood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:01 PM

Idk it sounds to me like if someone is offering you medical advice, sound or not, is probably just being nice. I know if my friend looks like death warmed over i'd tell him "hey, you look rough maybe some cold medicine?". I dont see a reason to freak out on these people, if it sounds like they have no clue what they are talking about dont take their advice? thats my 2 cents.

Of course, i appreciate your concern, but you have no idea what you're talking about, they go on and on and on and on and fucking on and onohmygodsummoncthulufromthetoastertosmitethem.

It's called the Human Body, it fucking sucks, deal with it.

#16 redthirst

redthirst

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:55 AM

You sound stressed. You should drink some green tea with honey and maybe Echinacea for that...
Now that I got a good long Stiffi on my 'cocker I just need to find some dudes to shoot my balls on...

Lulzwut ain't no country I ever heard of! They type English in Lulzwut?
lulzwut?
ENGLISH, MOTHER FUCKER! CAN YOU TYPE IT?

#17 spisla

spisla

I made Mr. Rogers eat paint

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,192 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:30 AM

Doesn't that look good? Jesus, it's like someone shat in to a Kid Cuisine box after they went to Taco Bell for some fourth meal, god, and people EAT that.

new sig.. :lol:
Posted Image

If you see someone pulling that here hit the report button and I'll teabag them =)

NorthWest Ballers club. TechPB feedback

#18 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Paintball's Lovable Prince Of Parody

• Players Club
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:13 PM

Actually herbal supplement manufacturers do have to follow good manufacturing processes in order to make sure what you said can happen doesn't happen. Along with the right amount of whatever is going into each capsule. Manufacturers don't have to seek FDA approval to put their product on the market, but the FDA is responsible for keeping track of products for safety concerns.

+1 internetz for me.

While that's true in theory, it's not in practice. The regulations in place are great and all, but they are often ignored by manufacturers. I mean, if a company is willing to systematically bottle and sell something that doesn't do anything, and leads you to believe that it does, then why would they bother to strictly adhere to quality control? This goes for herbal and vitamin supplements. Vitamins, in some cases, are useful when a doctor informs you of a deficiency. Even at that point, it'd be better to see if that supplement required can be purchased from the pharmacist by prescription. In a few cases, they're available, and their dosages are strictly monitored. My sister is an example, as she takes medication that reduces absorption of some nutrients, and receives a prescription for vitamins that is filled.

Anyway, herbal supplements are the most widespread scams in health. Even if the manufacturers did adhere to the manufacturing guidelines (which they often don't), it wouldn't mean shit. Those herbs don't do anything, don't cure anything, and don't heal anything. That's why they aren't sold and regulated as drugs. Food is also regulated in the same sense, since the Food and Drug Administration has to. For some reason, people who are foolish enough to believe the crap about herbals use that as some sort of credit to their efficacy. These people are wrong, and in most cases dumb.

Herbal supplements escape the trouble from the FDA by making vague claims. You'll see "boots the immune system" which is wrong and meaningless. Also, "supports a healthy immune system" or "supports" whatever. That's true to the same sense that any food supports anything. They could just as honestly say that their product supports aging. It's all bullshit.

Oh, and here are some articles to support Wolf's point on herbal regulation, or lack thereof, as well as the bullshit of supplements:

[utl]http://www.menshealt...on/beyond-balco[/url]

http://www.theannals...stract/37/6/893

http://www.cancer.go...e/Patient/page2

http://www.annals.or...133/11/911.long

Oh yeah, and this:

http://health.howstu...supplements.htm

So Username, you receive no Internetz.
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#19 MrBlackSmoke

MrBlackSmoke

But it do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:46 PM

+1 internetz for me.

While that's true in theory, it's not in practice. The regulations in place are great and all, but they are often ignored by manufacturers. I mean, if a company is willing to systematically bottle and sell something that doesn't do anything, and leads you to believe that it does, then why would they bother to strictly adhere to quality control? This goes for herbal and vitamin supplements. Vitamins, in some cases, are useful when a doctor informs you of a deficiency. Even at that point, it'd be better to see if that supplement required can be purchased from the pharmacist by prescription. In a few cases, they're available, and their dosages are strictly monitored. My sister is an example, as she takes medication that reduces absorption of some nutrients, and receives a prescription for vitamins that is filled.

Anyway, herbal supplements are the most widespread scams in health. Even if the manufacturers did adhere to the manufacturing guidelines (which they often don't), it wouldn't mean shit. Those herbs don't do anything, don't cure anything, and don't heal anything. That's why they aren't sold and regulated as drugs. Food is also regulated in the same sense, since the Food and Drug Administration has to. For some reason, people who are foolish enough to believe the crap about herbals use that as some sort of credit to their efficacy. These people are wrong, and in most cases dumb.

Herbal supplements escape the trouble from the FDA by making vague claims. You'll see "boots the immune system" which is wrong and meaningless. Also, "supports a healthy immune system" or "supports" whatever. That's true to the same sense that any food supports anything. They could just as honestly say that their product supports aging. It's all bullshit.

Oh, and here are some articles to support Wolf's point on herbal regulation, or lack thereof, as well as the bullshit of supplements:

Oh yeah, and this:

+ ∞ internetz

"Hey! Do you wanna come back to my place and eat peanut butter off of a dead baby?"

Northwest Ballers Club

#20 shishkabob

shishkabob

i have a mental erection

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,507 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:54 PM

advice, if you are tired dont smoke pot unless you want to be tired more often lol. If you want to lose weight dont smoke pot either, unless you can control the munchies which some people cannot. if you want to be entertained while doing nothing than maybe pot is for you.......Posted Image
Posted Image HUGE INTIMIDATOR PART SALE
Ever feel lost, and like you are out of place? Do you own a Bob Long Intimidator of any kind? If so drop by and join the new and improved Timmy Militia!
MacDev Militia represent!

#21 Wolfwood

Wolfwood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:18 PM

+1 internetz for me.

Oh yeah, and this:

You know what, Stick, i think I'm just going to send you all my rants, so you can just come in here, and bitch slap everyone with facts.

Do you just google everything? because when i did, i came up with jack shit.

#22 R-M-I

R-M-I

Angry Norwegian

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:28 PM

I have to say: I really do like the third advice from the top there!

I think the person giving that advice was on to something.

#23 Shoultsinator

Shoultsinator

Tartan Clad Paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:29 PM

You have problem? sleep dat shit off
"I have swat on my shirt and a pegasus underneath, therefore I am Agg!" - some guy at my field
Posted Image

See here's the thing, people who complain about people who are complaining and in turn people jump on the person who is complaining about the complainers by complaining about his complaint because they don't think it's fair because this is the place to complain and they don't think it's fair to complain about the complainers complaining about their complaints so they respond by complaining about him complaining that they shouldn't complain in the section where they should be complaining when it's actually his right to complain about complainers and the complainers are complaining about his complaint, well guess what, that makes you all a bunch of hyprocites.

BOOM

Complaints department closed, come back during regular office hours bitchesssssssssss

My Feedback 2/0/0
My APPA Info

#24 Uncle Eggos

Uncle Eggos

"Gosh Dangit the Skitters"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:07 PM

hilarious rant as usual

Plus I needed a new sig :lol:

Jesus, it's like someone shat in to a Kid Cuisine box after they went to Taco Bell for some fourth meal, god, and people EAT that.

Live in or visiting the Carolina's? Check out Paintball Central.
Posted Image

#25 BAMFZILLA

BAMFZILLA

It will be mine, Oh yes, It will be mine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:05 PM

Weight watchers works....I lost 70 lbs on it, and kept it off. My dad lost 80 lbs on atkins.

#26 Wolfwood

Wolfwood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:10 AM

Weight watchers works....I lost 70 lbs on it, and kept it off. My dad lost 80 lbs on atkins.

Of course it works, but are you still on it?

#27 annoying

annoying

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:29 PM

I tend not to use medicine whatsoever following the "whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger" theory, your body sorts most things out by it's self. People who offer medical advice probably have no idea what they're talking about and I would assume that all medical conditions are extremely specific to the host BUT when someone tells you to drink tea with honey or something they're not doing it solely to piss you off. They might be trying to help you, don't be so irritable. You need to start enjoying tea (or weed), that shit will calm you down. I don't need to be a doctor to know that.

The diet thing I agree with you mostly on. Diets are presented as an instant, garunteed answer to change your life which is not how it will turn out for the vast majority of people who try them. One thing diets probably do do is provide motivation or psycological support to people who might really need it which could result in the efforts to lose weight. Although I would never recommend this to anyone I knew because motivating yourself and planning and acheiving your own goals is an important part of life that you can't really shortcut through.

So ya I'm basically just confused as to why you're so pissed since no one is forcing you to take civilian medical advice or go on any diet. People are stupid. If this rant was titled "People Are Stupid" I would have been totally diggin it. Free Earl.

#28 BAMFZILLA

BAMFZILLA

It will be mine, Oh yes, It will be mine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:57 PM

Of course it works, but are you still on it?

No

#29 Wolfwood

Wolfwood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:05 PM

I tend not to use medicine whatsoever following the "whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger" theory, your body sorts most things out by it's self. People who offer medical advice probably have no idea what they're talking about and I would assume that all medical conditions are extremely specific to the host BUT when someone tells you to drink tea with honey or something they're not doing it solely to piss you off. They might be trying to help you, don't be so irritable. You need to start enjoying tea (or weed), that shit will calm you down. I don't need to be a doctor to know that.

The diet thing I agree with you mostly on. Diets are presented as an instant, garunteed answer to change your life which is not how it will turn out for the vast majority of people who try them. One thing diets probably do do is provide motivation or psycological support to people who might really need it which could result in the efforts to lose weight. Although I would never recommend this to anyone I knew because motivating yourself and planning and acheiving your own goals is an important part of life that you can't really shortcut through.

So ya I'm basically just confused as to why you're so pissed since no one is forcing you to take civilian medical advice or go on any diet. People are stupid. If this rant was titled "People Are Stupid" I would have been totally diggin it. Free Earl.

I understand what your getting at, i love tea, i drink almost a gallon a day, that shit is amazing.

But when people start telling me to put lavender, honey and lightbulbs in my tea, it will "Cure everything that western medicine does not want to cure" Then i just nod and smile.

It's wrong, I drink tea for the scientific health benefits, plus it tastes so god damn good, NOT because it may or may not be magical and cure Dementia or HIV, i like tea, but don't make medical claims unless you can back it up with facts, let me show you an example.

I'm tired, generally from when i wake up, around 6 A.M to about 12 P.M, I'm tired, so, someone i don't really know, a friend of a friend, suggests that i drink Lavender tea with Cashia, By the way, most "Cinnamon" we buy in America, is actually Cashia.

So, after i say "Uh, yeah, I'll try that" Just to be polite and not sound like a complete cock waffle, then she goes on and on about "Facts of tea"

No, she was not wearing a white lab coat, and no, most of these claims are either untested or proven wrong.

I'm glad that someone may be worried about my health, but offering me untested and sometimes proven wrong "facts" about herbal medicine and tea, it just twists my knockers.

#30 THETUNK

THETUNK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 06:32 PM

i fucking hate how EVERY SINGLE MAGIZINE for women has something on the cover about "the new 50 pound in 1 month diet" or "the new acai berry diet"

its all bullshit. the only way to loose as much weight as all of these diets promises, is to cut it off. i fucking hate this.
My Feedback +3
if you're arguing on the internet, you've already lost.
R.I.P BORG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users