3 replies to this topic

#1 hungry-n-relentless

hungry-n-relentless

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:18 AM

Hey ballers,

The reason why this is a special case is that I'm having issues when shooting at lower velocities.

Let me explain. I recently was playing at a new indoor field at which the field limit is 245 FPS. So I put 1 spacer onto the prop shaft to drop the velocity from 280 FPS to ~240-245.

My GEO2 shoots great at 280 FPS. When I put the spacer in the gun it would sometimes not fire, drop-off during a stream, or just sputter the paintball out the barrel. I figure it wasn't the o-rings being that I've only had about 10 cases through it and they looked fine. Then i thought it was bolt stick but the amount of lube was just the amount needed, just so that they looked wet.

I took a look at the location of the spacer on the prop shaft and it seemed to be covering a hole on the prop shaft. The spacer was placed all the way at the back of the propshaft, but i guess the air pushed it forward. So i put the spacer towards the bolt side. It shot okay but the spacer kept moving around. Over the hole I'm thinking this is the problem but am I not puting the spacer in right? I didn't see how to use it in the manual.

The battery was fresh, I'm using a LP Crossfire tank, settings are stock, and everything is up to what the manual says.

One of the refs says to take out the spacer. But I wasn't sure to do that because I heard taking the HPR that far down to the required velocity would mess with the cycling of the gun.

I'm sure there's a simple solution but I'm just not able to figure it out. Are other users having issues playing with lower velocities? Does anyone have any useful solutions?

I'd def appreciate the help. Thanks.
I'm just a BIG dude...that found a new love in Paintball

#2 Iktinos

Iktinos

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:14 PM

Part of the problem might be the LP Crossfire tank. Try a HP tank, not a MP or LP tank, and try it again.

#3 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:24 PM

The tank isnt the problem. Geo 2s can run off LP easily.

I doubt its the spacer issue. As long as they are on the prop shaft being the oring they are in right. Just turn down your hpr until you hit your desired fps and then raise the dwell a little bit to compensate and help remove fsdo and bolt stick.

Also, your gun should work fine anyways with the spacers removed and the hpr down. Worst case scenario you have bolt stick and such, your gun isnt going to implode...
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#4 Robot85

Robot85

Paper has no corners

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:08 PM

You shouldn't need the spacer to get that low. I run at 250fps without a spacer and have no problems.

Robot.png
Canadian Ballers Club V3 - Gewn Owners Club V4

CQB Paintball                                                                        
Speedsim Media

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users