• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 BobBong

BobBong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:08 PM

Hey I have play paintball about 4 times, Me and 4 of my friends want to create a team. I am wondering whats a tourney like?
Do you need matching jerseys? Do you need a jersey that says your team name? Are you going to be spending lots of money on paintballs at your first tourney?

Ya know general tourney questions.

#2 JediMaster

JediMaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:11 PM

Hey I have play paintball about 4 times, Me and 4 of my friends want to create a team. I am wondering whats a tourney like?
Do you need matching jerseys? Do you need a jersey that says your team name? Are you going to be spending lots of money on paintballs at your first tourney?

Ya know general tourney questions.

Play paintball more before you even start thinking about a tournament.

You do not need to match, and you do not need anything that says your name. All that you really NEED is a gun and a mask. Not that you can win with just that, just saying nothing else is required.

You will most likely spend a bunch of money on paint at any tournament.

#3 rebel492991

rebel492991

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:11 PM

tourney are very fun.

you don't not have to match at all, and the team name dosnt need to be on anything. accept the registration paper lol.
you will tend to spend quite a bit of money at tourneys,

jedi beat me to it

#4 back_anchor

back_anchor

abstrakt paintball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:24 PM

at our first tourney we did not come close to matching and i spent 110$ on paint so hope that helps
i like own all you noobs like hardcore

#5 giruc

giruc

NW BALLER!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:25 PM

get all guns and high pressure air and fast loaders then get a team jersey proto and planeteclipse have nice jerseys and if u ever go to a tourney buy goood paint like jt fluid not whitebox
  • SEATTLE THUNDER DIVISIONAL

#6 paintballfreak36

paintballfreak36

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:33 PM

dont start tournys yet get more team exp play city games and field events first ask again in a year

#7 BobBong

BobBong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:14 PM

What if I feel like doing a tourney after playing like 10 times lol I dont think Ill get my butt whooped too bad. I mainly want to see what skill level I am at and the experience and also if I do a tourney early I will gain the knowlegde on what to practice.

#8 Heywod

Heywod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:24 PM

before you play a tourny go to a team that practices at your local feild and practice against them, watch what they do and how they do things, learn from other teams and let them teach you, then after you feel your ready try out a tourny. also you dont need matching anything, hell you dont even need good guns.
aim = HeywodJahblomeh
XBL = Heywod

#9 caliballer925

caliballer925

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:24 PM

No you don't need matching jerseys and stuff unless its required at a tourney. Tourneys are fast paced and stressful during games. Unless your godlike
practice more. The main thing i shouldve done more in my first tourney is communicating and to not have tunnel vision which is to not focus on one area but make sure you know whats going on in other parts of the field.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users