79 replies to this topic

#51 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

Uhhh.. I bought another gun..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:30 PM

Yeah, I was around that weight in high school, round about the time I got rid of all my bikes and stopped riding.

One of the last ones I had was a 3" bouncy Trek. Snapped the chain stay off of a 4 foot drop to flat. Took an old, beat to hell Mongoose BMX to the same place, and it held up just fine to several drops.

I just don't think XC bikes and I get along very well. :rolleyes:

I will laugh as they overwhelm our enemies in a flurry of spotted banana hammocks.

Sasquatch's BST Feedback Thread
Check out my Ebay sales!

#52 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:46 AM

I want this bike:

Posted Image

I will laugh as they overwhelm our enemies in a flurry of spotted banana hammocks.

Check out my Ebay sales!

#53 Dee

Dee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:51 AM

I want this bike:

Posted Image

The ATV version of that is pretty awesome also. It'd SUCK if the ring buckled though.

Cana-duh Posted Image

#54 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:59 AM

There is an ATV version of that? Much want. :lol:

Check out my Ebay sales!

#55 pxndx

pxndx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:19 AM

I ride all mountain/downhill. I use a GT Sanction 1.0 2010

#56 Dee

Dee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:43 PM

Skip to 1:43. (there are the other kind also. but this kicks more ass.... off topic :P

Cana-duh Posted Image

#57 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:15 AM

Well, my project bike has come a long way this week. The last things I need are disc brakes, and a shifter cable.

I will either be buying a used set of Shimano hydraulic disc brakes off of a local guy, or buying some BB7s off of Ebay.

So far, what I have on the bike:

FSA Gravity wheels wrapped with Holy Roller 2.2s

Shimano SLX Shadow derailleur, and SLX shifter, running a 32t+bash Shimano crank, and M770 cassette. 1x9 setup.

Romic D shock and Manitou Nixon Elite fork

Chris King headset, Gap stem, and Easton Haven bars with WTB grips.

Not exactly the build I had in mind, but some of these deals were too good to pass up. :P

Check out my Ebay sales!

#58 nickp

nickp

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,753 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:54 PM

Banshee frame? That's the heavies frame I lift onto the chair for the DH bike park I work for.
Posted Image
proud 06' Subaru Impreza owner
king of skiers
August Burns Red "wave good by to the past. You've got your whole life to lead"

#59 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:57 AM

Banshee frame? That's the heavies frame I lift onto the chair for the DH bike park I work for.

The Chaparral isn't the DH frame, though, its more AM/FR. A little bit lighter, but still pretty burly. Weight for this build is like 36lb, versus 42 on my Iron Horse DH bike. You might be thinking of the Scream, which is Banshees DH specific frame. From what I have heard, those can weigh in near 50.

I also got this BMX bike in, and it somehow got a gashed tire in shipping, so I haven't been able to take it out to a park yet.

Check out my Ebay sales!

#60 Dee

Dee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:34 AM

The Chaparral isn't the DH frame, though, its more AM/FR. A little bit lighter, but still pretty burly. Weight for this build is like 36lb, versus 42 on my Iron Horse DH bike. You might be thinking of the Scream, which is Banshees DH specific frame. From what I have heard, those can weigh in near 50.

I also got this BMX bike in, and it somehow got a gashed tire in shipping, so I haven't been able to take it out to a park yet.

Not sure if I already said this. (I think I did) But I made an amateur weigh in of my bike. (Stood on back wheel, out on a generic bathroom scale)
Measured in around 21 pounds.

Posted Image

Cana-duh Posted Image

#61 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:33 PM

Anyone here ride recumbants?
By reading the above post ("Post") the reader ("Reader") hereby acknowledges and agrees that the post may contain errors, omissions, sarcasm, and humor (both attempted and actual) or other content that might upset a Reader. If Reader has a problem with this then Reader shouldn't read the Post or take it seriously. If the Reader fails to refrain from reading or taking the post seriously as mentioned above, then it's the Reader's own fault and I don't want to hear about it.

#62 nickp

nickp

Hippie

• Members
  • 7,753 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:47 PM

Seriously thinking of going to pinkbike and buying a DH bike when I get the money. At the bike park where I work they want me to spend $80 to use a rental bike for the half hour break I get. BMX hasn't treated me well. Fell down and fractured my skull and broke my nose.
Posted Image
king of skiers

#63 Dee

Dee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:51 PM

Seriously thinking of going to pinkbike and buying a DH bike when I get the money. At the bike park where I work they want me to spend $80 to use a rental bike for the half hour break I get. BMX hasn't treated me well. Fell down and fractured my skull and broke my nose.

PinkBike Posted Image

And that sucks. Can't use your injury to justify free renting for you?
(Even without that, employees should get to rent a bike free, unless of course, they are mostly rented/reserved)

Cana-duh Posted Image

#64 nickp

nickp

Hippie

• Members
  • 7,753 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:25 AM

They won't give out free rentals cause the bike are too expensive. We have triple crowned kona stinkys for rentals.
Posted Image
king of skiers

#65 LikeACheeseStick

LikeACheeseStick

EDM Extraordinaire

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:44 PM

I do some dirt jumping... I have a Haro Mirra but it's in 30 pieces and needs a new 25/9 setup. Along with some forks. :(

"They found me in an alley way, trying to re-enter the Earths' atmosphere in an old refrigerator box."

#66 nickp

nickp

Hippie

• Members
  • 7,753 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:00 PM

Did my first DH run today ever. Rode on a Banshee scream. That damn thing plows through everything!
Posted Image
king of skiers

#67 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:34 AM

I should be going on an actual DH run next weekend. Hopefully it happens.

Check out my Ebay sales!

#68 Dee

Dee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:08 PM

And so The Great Bike Search begins!

Lookin' for something sub $400, Which can take light jumps, but be suitable for trail.

~~
Also, where's op? Posted Image

Cana-duh Posted Image

#69 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:38 AM

And so The Great Bike Search begins!

Lookin' for something sub $400, Which can take light jumps, but be suitable for trail.

~~
Also, where's op? Posted Image

Sub $400 capable of jumps isn't going to give you anything but Walmart bikes, which really aren't capable of anything except general transportation. You might be able to find some used hart tails from Specialized or Trek for that much, but jumping them will be kind of a pain.

Check out my Ebay sales!

#70 Dee

Dee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:53 AM

Used for sure. Pinkbike.com

Cana-duh Posted Image

#71 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:47 PM

About to pick this bike up for some road and light cyclocross training. Should be good fun.

Also might be picking up a Specialized Camper Elite 29er, and selling the BMX bike that I don't have a park for, and the downhill bike I don't have any downhills for.

Edited by Sasquatch, 21 September 2011 - 07:25 PM.

Check out my Ebay sales!

#72 Dee

Dee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:00 PM

About to pick this bike up for some road and light cyclocross training. Should be good fun.

Also might be picking up a Specialized Camper Elite 29er, and selling the BMX bike that I don't have a park for, and the downhill bike I don't have any downhills for.

How are 29er's?

I'm 5' 10" or so, but want a bike that will last me for at least 3 years to come, so thinking of a large frame. So, what frame size should I look into, Large frame? (18"?)

I need a bike I can ride 2.5 KM's (to and from school) a day, on road. But be there for me when I hit the dirt.

Cana-duh Posted Image

#73 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:23 PM

How are 29er's?

I'm 5' 10" or so, but want a bike that will last me for at least 3 years to come, so thinking of a large frame. So, what frame size should I look into, Large frame? (18"?)

I need a bike I can ride 2.5 KM's (to and from school) a day, on road. But be there for me when I hit the dirt.

I tried some of the early 29ers, and they were really hard to control. But recently, companies have been dialing them in to act more like 26ers, so you can go with either size. I have heard a lot about how 29ers are really sluggish feeling if you are under 6'-6'2", though, so you might hold off on buying one just yet.

If you do want to buy one, and can wait a couple of months, I would recommend this bike.

Pros:
Cheap Price, but quality components
Disc Brakes
29" wheels

Cons:
No suspension (but for mostly road use, can be a good thing, as there is no suspension to soak up your pedal stroke. It will be rough on dirt though)
One gear (but can have gears added to it, if you want them)
Currently sold out :lol:

As for sizing, if you are looking for something to grow into, get a size bigger than your bike shop would tell you to get. So yeah, probably a Large.

Check out my Ebay sales!

#74 Dee

Dee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:32 PM

How are 29er's?

I tried some of the early 29ers, and they were really hard to control. But recently, companies have been dialing them in to act more like 26ers, so you can go with either size. I have heard a lot about how 29ers are really sluggish feeling if you are under 6'-6'2", though, so you might hold off on buying one just yet.

If you do want to buy one, and can wait a couple of months, I would recommend this bike.

Pros:
Cheap Price, but quality components
Disc Brakes
29" wheels

Cons:
No suspension (but for mostly road use, can be a good thing, as there is no suspension to soak up your pedal stroke. It will be rough on dirt though)
One gear (but can have gears added to it, if you want them)
Currently sold out :lol:

As for sizing, if you are looking for something to grow into, get a size bigger than your bike shop would tell you to get. So yeah, probably a Large.

And I'm in Canada land :P

Gonna go to the Toronto Int. Bike show and check that out before I buy.

Cana-duh Posted Image

#75 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:10 PM

Haha, oh yeah. Forgot about that. You should still be able to find something, though. I'm sure you could find a similar site based in Canada that has similar bikes for similar prices.

On a side note, I just ordered that road bike. I want it to come in NOW!

Check out my Ebay sales!

#76 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:38 PM

Dead thread is dead.

If any of you live near TN, and want to ride some downhill stuff, there is a fall festival going on at Windrock in Oliver Springs, TN. Going out there for the weekend to tear some stuff up, and hopefully not kill myself. :lol:

Check out my Ebay sales!

#77 Dee

Dee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:47 PM

Toronto bike show on saturday! :)

Cana-duh Posted Image

#78 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:48 PM

road biking

#79 Dee

Dee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:33 PM

I don't quite understand the post above mine buuuuuuttttt

Posted Image

Got 'er last Saturday. :)

Also, Sasquatch, how was the down-hill festival?

Edited by Dee, 19 October 2011 - 07:34 PM.

Cana-duh Posted Image

#80 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:18 AM

Nice looking ride. How badly did it beat your wallet?

DH Fest was alright. I only got two runs in. First run I had mechanical issues, and walked down most of the trail, and second run I flubbed a 3 foot drop , hit a rock funny on the landing, and smashed my hip into another rock, which basically ended my day. Still hurts like a bitch, too. Think I may have fractured something, but fuck the doctor. :lol:

But, the upside, I won a Monster shirt and a set of Industry 9 hubs for my DH bike out of a raffle. Hubs alone are worth nearly $600. :)

Edited by Sasquatch, 21 October 2011 - 07:19 AM.

Check out my Ebay sales!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users