4 replies to this topic

#1 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:37 PM

I've been thinking of getting a MAG to see what they are all about. I've never held one or seen one in person before. So basically have to go off what's on the internet given the "lack" of MAGS out here for me to try. Recently someone offered this for my upped Quest.

~Shocktech reg/AM valve and level 10 bolt
~AM valve/ANS reg and level 7 bolt
~3 extra main springs and extra parts (o-rings, carriers, foamie, etc), chrome CP rail, and black CP on/off
~CCM Feedneck as well as the left/right offset feedneck.

Posted Image

How much is this thing worth? Any caveats I need to know about Mags? I know there are so many options and types of MAGS and after reading some info on the forums I am still confused/curious on what exactly is a MAG and why people love em.
Pro Jerseys FST Feedback:http://www.techpb.co...showtopic=61562
Muppet #72, Christian Baller

#2 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:58 PM

Your quest about 400$ then its a pretty strait trade. will it be better? Eh up to you, performance wise. No.
If you wanted to get an Automag I'd suggest looking for one with both the Level 10 Anti-chop system. And the X-valve. (which is their best valve available)

Here is a quick overview:

You have your different Valves

"Classic" valves. sold around 50$ use C02 were used on first mags
"RT Valves" Created to be used with HPA, gave the auto-trigger effect which made automags silly fast even on single triggers. only fit inside RT mainbodys

"ReTro Valves" Created to replace the RT valve, is mechanically the exact same, although changed exterior to fit all automags.

"E-mag/E-max/X-valve" Made with Aluminum which was nearly 50% lighter then the ReTro Valves. These recharged internally SO FAST. that users actually experience Shoot-up instead of velocity drops with sustained rates of fire. Fastest achieved with paint is 34.5 BPS for 100 paintballs. No Chops.

Level 7 - antichop system. works mechanically but useful for hard paint. can still chop like other mech's
level 10 - fucking genious, IF.. and I mean IF you chop a paintball with the level ten then something is seriously wrong.

(any anti-chop can work in any valve. level ten costs more becuase its more better. pretty much required as its the best thing ever. )

main springs:

Gold - for FPS at 250
Red - For 280 FPS
Silver - For 300 FPS

Frames:

Single trigger:
- Pistol grip made in either carbon fiber or plastic
Aluminum were made also

Double:
Intelliframe

(there are plenty of other's but they are more custom runs and what not)

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#3 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:46 PM

Wow thanks for the info. Hmm...I think I'll pass on the offer. I'm reading up on AO and Mcarterbrown as well. If I do get a Mag I'll make sure it has a Level 10 and X-Valve.
Pro Jerseys FST Feedback:http://www.techpb.co...showtopic=61562
Muppet #72, Christian Baller

#4 JerryTX

JerryTX

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:29 PM

I have a Mag. They're great. Just keep parts kit on hand and you'll be fine.
I didn't get where I am today by worrying about how I'd feel tomorrow.

#5 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:52 PM

Basically, if your looking for a rec ball marker, mags of any price will be amazing for what you pay. the classic mag will out-perform almost any marker in its immediate price range, and the mini-mag or even the 250$ ones with RT valves or intelliframes will run shit on the field.

BUT

If you want the Mag to keep up with modern electro's shot for shot. You should at least start with the X-valve (or the E-max or E-mag valves. different laser etching) and the level 10 anti-chop system.

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users