10 replies to this topic

#1 jman7843

jman7843

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:28 PM

The title says it all
how in the living hell do you set a signature?

#2 walrus27

walrus27

My presence is my present kiss my ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:37 PM

well, for starters, I wouldn't call any of them super guns.

I like the etek3 more than the FX for the simple reason that dangerous power regs suck. after about 4 months you need to replace them and they can only go as high as 10 bps.

That being said, I don't really like the etek3 after owning one. it is loud, has bad ergonomics and heavier than most other guns, and it can only shoot 15.4 bps which in my opinion is pitiful for a gun that costs 500$ those are my gripes with the etek3, but planet eclipse is a great company, I am just telling you that after owning and selling one, It wasn't a joy ride.

everyone really seems to like the empire axe, but I can't say anything about that, but I never hear anything about the Proto Reflex Rail, which I actually shot and loved. they are very smooth, can shoot fast, and have great ergonomics. thats just what I like about the PRR.

The thing that I would recommend the most is buying a used high end gun. for example, you could get a Bob long Vice that is still considered as one of the greatest guns ever made for the price of the etek3, and Most people cannot say that you will not love a used vice, used ego, or used dm.

Just my 2 Cents
Posted Image

I named my g4 shaqueefa because it was ghetto.

#3 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,067 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:38 PM

I like the etek3 more than the FX for the simple reason that dangerous power regs suck. after about 4 months you need to replace them and they can only go as high as 10 bps.

That's not correct at all. Where did you hear that?

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#4 walrus27

walrus27

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:46 PM

Most proshop owners say that within the first four months, you should get a new reg. I believe that the reg is the same one that is on the fusions? (correct me if I am wrong)

But for a very short period of time I used a g4 and the reg was horrible, and I just generally hear talk around the forums that say they are bad.
Posted Image

#5 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,067 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:49 PM

I've not heard a single thing about needing to change out the reg in 4 months. Is this just walking into proshops and asking people, or are there posts you could link to?

As for your G4 reg, was it inconsistent? What was the problem with it?

#6 walrus27

walrus27

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:52 PM

I've not heard a single thing about needing to change out the reg in 4 months. Is this just walking into proshops and asking people, or are there posts you could link to?

it was extremely inconsistent at high rates of fire. Look, I don't mean to start a fight, I am just saying what I heard from a authorized dangerous power tech and retailer about there guns, is that their regs are crap
Posted Image

#7 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:53 PM

Most proshop owners say that within the first four months, you should get a new reg. I believe that the reg is the same one that is on the fusions? (correct me if I am wrong)

But for a very short period of time I used a g4 and the reg was horrible, and I just generally hear talk around the forums that say they are bad.

You dont have to replace the entire reg...

You take it apart and relube the piston oring and other orings every 10-15 cases.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#8 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,067 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:54 PM

it was extremely inconsistent at high rates of fire. Look, I don't mean to start a fight, I am just saying what I heard from a authorized dangerous power tech and retailer about there guns, is that their regs are crap

I believe you. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't hearsay, but if it comes from a DP tech, that's a different story.

#9 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:55 PM

Etek 3 lt is the best out of what you gave brand new

Used, however opens up options for a lot better.

For $500 you can get

bob long vice
macdev droid
bob long closer/rapper
geo
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#10 TinyPancakes

TinyPancakes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:00 PM

I believe you. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't hearsay, but if it comes from a DP tech, that's a different story.

Ive had my FX since June of last year and I have not had any problems with the reg.
MARIN GUN STANDS

Dangerous Power FX Blue/ Gold
Ninja Grey Ghost 68/45
Dye Rotor

#11 Dominerva210

Dominerva210

Out of the Way, Jerks.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:11 PM

DP Fx is going to be more efficient because of the spring return and personally I like the ergonomics more than the Etek 3, but I prefer any PE grips and DP seem to always be crap. The Oled board has no importance to me whatsoever the gun still does what the Etek 3 does, no better or no worse. DP fanboys will tell you otherwise. The barrel on the FX is a tad better, milling makes it easy to take off, if you have paint on your hands it's near impossible to the the Etek 3 barrel off because it has no milling. They're both cannons. PE had better customer service than DP ever will. Personally I find the Axe to be the smoothest, best bang for your buck out there right now in the 500 range. I've heard nothing but good things about the FEP Quest but good luck finding one, they're on backorder like crazy right now and probably won't be continued soon.

That being said,

Posted Image

Posted Image

"the traccer is all plasticy and feels like an old BE gun when you pump it. yuck!"- cockerpunk May 31, 2011 11:47 am

I wouldn't trust someone who makes an ad like that to fill a cup of water.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users