• Please log in to reply
2581 replies to this topic

#2401 Beau A

Beau A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

Maui, I know what you mean, since a g6r is basically a smaller vice.

Darkshocker, you could but I would just sell the frame and buy one that has a lcd window already on it. It would look much cleaner and probably be less of a hassle, but thats just me.

Sambo, the most sought after timmies would probably be the ripper 1.25 and the flame both of which only have three bodies that were ever made, next up would be the hellwood. After those three the others are relatively mass produced. Gen 3 timmies go anywhere from 250-450 on average depending on condition and upgrades.

kawasaki, evil timmi products were notoriously terrible due to poor quality control and some other things.

#2402 808maui

808maui

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:42 PM

If Im going to get another gun, I think it will be a macdev. I really want to try one. Everyone and their mom has one on Oahu.

KAMEHAMEHA

Bob Long Vice

Dangerous Power G3
808 State

#2403 Beau A

Beau A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:50 PM

Ive heard only good things about them so far, Ive been contemplating trading the Vic for an older clone but havent really been looking around much yet.

#2404 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:22 PM

Maui, I know what you mean, since a g6r is basically a smaller vice.

Darkshocker, you could but I would just sell the frame and buy one that has a lcd window already on it. It would look much cleaner and probably be less of a hassle, but thats just me.

Sambo, the most sought after timmies would probably be the ripper 1.25 and the flame both of which only have three bodies that were ever made, next up would be the hellwood. After those three the others are relatively mass produced. Gen 3 timmies go anywhere from 250-450 on average depending on condition and upgrades.

kawasaki, evil timmi products were notoriously terrible due to poor quality control and some other things.

Thanks for the info

#2405 Beau A

Beau A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:37 PM

No problem. Feel free to ask as much questions as you like, helps keep us alive.

#2406 MUNK3H

MUNK3H

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:30 AM

Posted Image

olive drab 45 grips or...

Posted Image

black wgp grips?
Posted Image
current setup=Camo 2K5'D Ironmen timmy,47/3000 tank,V.L eggy hopper,jt proflex's.valken pants and jersey.
proudly repping hectors outdoor haven.

#2407 Beau A

Beau A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:34 PM

Nice Ironman, I personally prefer the wrap arounds.

#2408 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:20 AM

What solenoids are available for the 2k5 timmy's and what are the differences? Which solenoid would be the easiest to rebuild if any? And which can cycle the fastest ect. Please list all pros and cons.

Also where is the best place to get a custom anno and laser job? My team has done business with kohn before. But I'm not sure if that's the best place to do it.

Finally what is the lowest profile feedneck for a 2k5? To my knowledge it's the nano evil I think it's called? But I don't know what kind of quality it is. I haven't heard good things about evil parts.

I apologize if any of you have already seen this on iog.

Edited by SamBo, 26 August 2012 - 01:22 AM.

#2409 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:25 AM

I can answer the feedneck question, the best/lowest I have personally tried is the empire nano feedneck.

#2410 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:43 AM

I can answer the feedneck question, the best/lowest I have personally tried is the empire nano feedneck.

That's what I was thinking thanks for the feedback.

#2411 Beau A

Beau A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:25 AM

Sorry buddy, I dont pay to much attention to solenoids so I cant really help you there. As for laser engraving, I have yet to have it done on any of my guns.

#2412 MUNK3H

MUNK3H

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:40 AM

i second the empire nano,had one on my system x nme when i had it sat nice and low.

Posted Image

found a pic of it,

as for noids i also am not to sure most of my guns had humphrey noids never ran into any issues with them.

Edited by MUNK3H, 27 August 2012 - 06:40 AM.

Posted Image
current setup=Camo 2K5'D Ironmen timmy,47/3000 tank,V.L eggy hopper,jt proflex's.valken pants and jersey.
proudly repping hectors outdoor haven.

#2413 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:11 PM

Thanks for the pic. Yeah looks like that's def the way to go but it appears that there is no getting the feedneck off. I have an empire 1 body and it appears that the feedneck is welded on or soldered or however you meld alluminium.

#2414 Beau A

Beau A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:23 AM

Are you sure the previous owner didnt use red loctite? If it is welded though Im not sure you would be able to get it off depending where they welded it.

#2415 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:04 AM

No it's not locktite. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong I'll post pictures when I go home this weekend and have the body.

If it's a weld I could grind it off as long as i didn't mess up the threads. But It still would jack up the body a little.

#2416 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

Yeah its jb weld. Should I try to remove it or stick with the origonal feedneck? Can you anno jb weld?

#2417 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

JB weld is not conductive so you can't anno it. So should I try to grind it off or just get a new body?

#2418 Beau A

Beau A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

Is it welded on the threads, or where the feedneck is pressed into the body?

#2419 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:03 PM

I don't have it with me but it looks like to me where the feedneck meets the body. I think I will try to heat it up and chip it off and if that doesn't work then I will grind it off with a dremel and sandpaper. Hopefully it's not on the threads. I talked to Juit who sold it to me and he said he thinks blast did it. So hopefully it;s not on the threads.

#2420 Beau A

Beau A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:41 PM

If its a press fit feedneck, I personally would rather have it on the threads than on the body. Blast resorting to using jb weld to hold on a feedneck...I dont think so. Im sure they would at least try red loctite or a new feedneck before putting jb on it.

Edited by Beau A, 28 August 2012 - 11:42 PM.

#2421 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:51 AM

Idk all i know is I need to get it off. it's on the body for sure but it looks like they did a pretty good job on it whoever did it. I'll get it off one way or another.

#2422 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:25 AM

If the feed neck is broken and I have to put another one back on it. Could I solder it back on? Would it hold as good as jb weld? And could it be anodized unlike jb weld?

#2423 Beau A

Beau A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:23 PM

What exactly is wrong with it? Sorry man, I dont have much experience with anodizing so i wont be able to help you.

#2424 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:09 AM

What exactly is wrong with it? Sorry man, I dont have much experience with anodizing so i wont be able to help you.

Nothing except i don't want that feedneck on the gun.
http://www.intimidat...ead.php?t=11049
But I got everything apart and I'm good to go now. Posted Image

#2425 Beau A

Beau A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

Even if you put a different feedneck on you still need to put in the part that presses in. The threads are what press into the body, older timies used press fit autococker feednecks. If you want a different on just find on that will fit an autococker.

#2426 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

Yeah ima do that last thou. Have everything annod and super glue the pressed part in. Or do you think i should have it welded in? I can have it done no prob,

#2427 Beau A

Beau A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:40 AM

Red loctite would be sufficient.

#2428 Beau A

Beau A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

Twenty days and not a single post. On an unrelated topic, a kid who tried to seal from me wants me to take down my theft thread because it could be bad for future job opportunities.

#2429 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:10 PM

Twenty days and not a single post. On an unrelated topic, a kid who tried to seal from me wants me to take down my theft thread because it could be bad for future job opportunities.

He should of thought about that before hand.

Posted Image
Check out this beautiful dragon I'm trying to steal ;)

#2430 Beau A

Beau A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:56 AM

Thats what Im sayin, and hes claiming my thread to be fraud since I got my gun back and didnt say so in the thread, but it was locked before I could edit it. Nice gun, the only things I would change would be a solid color HPR, get a gloss black asa, and get black panel grips. Those three changes would make the gun perfect. Whats the guy asking for it?

Edited by Beau A, 26 September 2012 - 12:58 AM.

#2431 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:07 AM

Thats what Im sayin, and hes claiming my thread to be fraud since I got my gun back and didnt say so in the thread, but it was locked before I could edit it. Nice gun, the only things I would change would be a solid color HPR, get a gloss black asa, and get black panel grips. Those three changes would make the gun perfect. Whats the guy asking for it?

350. Not a terrible price. Yeah that's what I would change. I would be sure to get an asa with the hose out the front. I don't really like the 2k5 frames near as well as the 2k2's so I might have to swap that. And have to put a dragon trigger guard on it. But I think it looks pretty good. Oh and the feed neck.

#2432 Beau A

Beau A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:41 AM

Thats a pretty fair price, Id try to talk it down to 3 personally. If you're willing to spend the money a gear drive would look great on it. The feed neck is ok, not the greatest, but it would probably be the last thing I changed. I really need to get on my projects, I have two that I started and havent worked on in probably a year or so.

#2433 naterab

naterab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

I got to play against some pretty decent people on Sunday. I got owned quite a few times, but I'm getting better. I usually learn pretty fast when I'm playing against people who are a lot better than me.

On the topic of Intimidators, my Vice was absolutely flawless yesterday. Air is free, so I turned up the dwell a little bit and turned down the LPR, and it shoots very nice.

I played the snake a lot, and it was very difficult because the opposing team kept sending somebody to the A right off the break and tried to lock down snake side. All I could really do is sit down the tape. I couldn't even move up because there was a gap between s1 and s2 so if I tried, I would have had to put in both the snake corner and the guy at the A. Very difficult. On that layout I'm not exactly sure how to solve that issue. It's very hard to get that guy at the center out if they have both snake corner and dorito corner and lock down the tapes...
Zephyr Paintball

For any and all paintball needs

#2434 Beau A

Beau A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

Sounds like you need your corner to shoot the tape more so you can focus more across field. Are you practicing for the PSP world cup?

Today is finally here, Im leaving for vegas. Im pretty excited, this is going to be my first NPPL event, and my first time leaving the state in several years.

#2435 shishkabob

shishkabob

i have a mental erection

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:31 AM

do not fear everyone shishkabob is here
Posted Image HUGE INTIMIDATOR PART SALE
Ever feel lost, and like you are out of place? Do you own a Bob Long Intimidator of any kind? If so drop by and join the new and improved Timmy Militia!
MacDev Militia represent!

#2436 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:35 AM

I can relax now I was worried for a second. Thank goodness your here.

#2437 shishkabob

shishkabob

i have a mental erection

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:36 AM

well you are welcome sir, any who what new has being going on in the timmy militia, i know i have been gone for a long while
Ever feel lost, and like you are out of place? Do you own a Bob Long Intimidator of any kind? If so drop by and join the new and improved Timmy Militia!

#2438 naterab

naterab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

Sounds like you need your corner to shoot the tape more so you can focus more across field. Are you practicing for the PSP world cup?

Today is finally here, Im leaving for vegas. Im pretty excited, this is going to be my first NPPL event, and my first time leaving the state in several years.

The issue is I can't even look across field because we can't control the guy running up to the A off break. He just continually spews paint in my general direction and we can't seem to figure how to get a lane across the middle of the field so he doesn't get there.
Zephyr Paintball

#2439 shishkabob

shishkabob

i have a mental erection

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:44 PM

any cool new timmy's out there? and does anyone know of the going rate of a original victory right now? going to be selling it and my cocker since i dont really play anymore, my texas storm will never leave my hands however and ill decide if i want to sell my empire 1 project or not later.

#2440 naterab

naterab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

...and does anyone know of the going rate of a original victory right now? going to be selling it...

I've been seeing V1 Victories run anywhere from $450-650 on the Nation. If you decide to sell on TechPB it seems that things always run just a tad higher here, but of course there's a little bit less people to sell to. I really want to get one as a companion for my Vice but I just don't have the cash right now...
Zephyr Paintball

#2441 shishkabob

shishkabob

i have a mental erection

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:29 AM

meh i relly just want to try and get $500 cash on it, to be honest anything on it is profit since i had already made my money back plus some from my initial investment. then if i could squeeze another $200 from my cocker id be happy. That would give me plenty of money to finish my empire1 project and then have quite a bit left over. Even though i will probably sell the empire timmy after its completed i just want to finish it to see my vision come to life.

#2442 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:20 AM

What team you on? I'm going also! ;)

#2443 Beau A

Beau A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

Jeeze now that I'm in Vegas everyone is posting. Lol. I'll be playing on team Hawaiian blend, who are you playin with?

#2444 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

Rockstar.

#2445 naterab

naterab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:14 PM

I've always wanted to try going to a tournament like that. I don't really think that I have the money to do it though :/
Zephyr Paintball

#2446 Beau A

Beau A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

Bro fundraise, total I paid a little over 100 out of my own pocket for all mandatory expenses.

#2447 naterab

naterab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

Bro fundraise, total I paid a little over 100 out of my own pocket for all mandatory expenses.

Jesus what did you do??
Zephyr Paintball

#2448 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

Check out local ones as well. There is one series here in SoCal that's only 90-110 a team for entry..

#2449 naterab

naterab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

Oh wow...I uh...just joined a collegiate paintball team. Didn't really see that coming lmao
Zephyr Paintball

#2450 Beau A

Beau A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

We sold Krispy Kremes, but then again, you can get Krispy Kremes here unless you go to a different island so they weren't all that hard to sell.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users