17 replies to this topic

#1 SOLIDsnake408

SOLIDsnake408

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:20 PM

Hey all,

So after about a 15 year hiatus from casually playing paintball, I started playing 4 weeks ago and I'm hooked again. I never owned my own equipment, but I do have a new mask and pod pack/pods. I've been doing a ton of research on marker set-ups and was wondering what people think about the following as a start-up for under $500:

Azodin Blitz
Dye Rotor
Ninja 68/4500

I figured the Blitz might be a good gun to start with, and if I really get into it, I can buy an etek 3 or proto reflex later. If I upgrade the Blitz, I can use the upgrades (barrel, feedneck, etc) on whatever marker I decide to buy later. I also figured getting the Rotor and Ninja would be a good investment now since those will go great with any marker upgrade I decide to do down the line. So what do you think? Thanks in advance!
TANGO SUCKA!!!

My Feedback 2/0/0

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,064 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:21 PM

Looks like you've already got it all figured out. :P

I'd say you're good to go.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#3 PREPAIDsnail

PREPAIDsnail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:25 PM

Used mini or proto slg are good guns too and the invert halo too is great if you wana save some money but I own both and live my rotor I use it on my pump and mini.
(\__/) put this bunny in your sig so he can acheive
(='.'=)world domination!!!
(")_(")
gear bag http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=162157

#4 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:27 PM

Go with an invert too. The rotor is too much for just a beginner, you can use that $160 elsewhere. Besides, the invert too will feed way faster than you will need to ever shoot. I use one on my ego. Halos have always worked great on every gun and max at around 20+bps feed rate. Plenty fast. Myn has never let me down.

I would also go with the gog envy, not the blitz. The azodin guns used to be super nice, but quality and customer service has gone down hill. If you get the envy i would also pick up a 14" barrel. I hate barrels that are shorter than 14". They are almost a necessity for airball. I would go with a cp 14" one piece in .685 bore ($30). Threading is smart parts/ion.

The tank is great.

And no, you cant use many upgrades on the blitz, on other guns other than the ASA, regulator, and barrel which really dont need upgrading.

Something else you want to get is knee pads. Paintball knee pads are great and are designed to be comfy and protect you great all day. Volleyball knee pads i hear also work great for cheaper.

Used mini or proto slg are good guns too and the invert halo too is great if you wana save some money but I own both and live my rotor I use it on my pump and mini.

The SLG is a piece of crap.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#5 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:30 PM

Posted Image cool! you've done some good reaserch and are in the right place for advice
i am also buying my first setup
mine-
marker-GOG eNVy (i suggest you check it out from what ive been hereing it is a very good gun and with the blackheart will blow alot of other guns out of the water)
hopper-invert halo too
mask v-force provantage or grizl which ever i like better when i try em on
tank- ninja 68/4500

i suggest you look into the gog envy but dont buy it just because i told you to. talk to some one who owns a vibe or vibe w/ blackheart or envy or envy with blackheart (GOG envy is a recreation of the smartparts vibe)
Posted Image
are you a Musician? Join the club! click this to get there!--->Musicians Club Here!

#6 PREPAIDsnail

PREPAIDsnail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:34 PM

Go with an invert too. The rotor is too much for just a beginner, you can use that $160 elsewhere. Besides, the invert too will feed way faster than you will need to ever shoot. I use one on my ego. Halos have always worked great on every gun and max at around 20+bps feed rate. Plenty fast. Myn has never let me down.

I would also go with the gog envy, not the blitz. The azodin guns used to be super nice, but quality and customer service has gone down hill. If you get the envy i would also pick up a 14" barrel. I hate barrels that are shorter than 14". They are almost a necessity for airball. I would go with a cp 14" one piece in .685 bore ($30). Threading is smart parts/ion.

The tank is great.

And no, you cant use many upgrades on the blitz, on other guns other than the ASA, regulator, and barrel which really dont need upgrading.

Something else you want to get is knee pads. Paintball knee pads are great and are designed to be comfy and protect you great all day. Volleyball knee pads i hear also work great for cheaper.

Just thought of that sorry slg is a no
(\__/) put this bunny in your sig so he can acheive
(='.'=)world domination!!!
(")_(")
gear bag http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=162157

#7 SOLIDsnake408

SOLIDsnake408

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:57 AM

Thanks for the advice so far. After doing a little more research, I'm definitely considering the envy. Can't find much about the GOG Envy vs the Blitz. It also looks like the Blackheart Board upgrade is a must. Getting the envy with the board will be almost $100 more. Making it almost a $300 gun. But from what I'm reading, it'll be as good as any $400 dollar marker out there. Decisions, decisions.
TANGO SUCKA!!!

My Feedback 2/0/0

#8 MiZu

MiZu

New PM8 user!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 02:42 AM

Good setup. I like the rotor and the ninja.

#9 psi-paintballer

psi-paintballer

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:02 AM

Go for a used pinokio on ebay if you really want one of the gods. Then a gog envy w/b-heart=AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! Also go for one of the make ur own crossfire tank on ansgear the 68/4500 is around $120

EVEN IF THE REFS DIDN'T, GOD SAW YOU WIPE!!!!!!

#10 Paint/ball

Paint/ball

YOU AINT GOT NO PANCAKE MIX!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:57 AM

sounds like a good setup, but what u could do is get an invert halo 2 and save some money so u can go to paintball to test ur stuff out
IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 AND PAY FOR YOUR OWN EQUIPMENT PUT THIS ON YOUR SIG.
Fx Hataz can suck my Fx ass cheecks (put this as your sig if u own a DP FX)
Canadian paintballer.

#11 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,646 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:46 AM

You could definetly mow some faces with that setup.

Since your intention is to buy a better gun in the future I'd say get the best loader and tank you can afford since you'll not have to buy another in the future, it's a sin to put a Halo Too on a Ego :rolleyes:

If it were me I'd get the Prophecy (since its a tad cheaper than the Rotor and better imo) and the Ninja tank of your choice.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#12 mpv314

mpv314

Godly Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:23 PM

Hey all,

So after about a 15 year hiatus from casually playing paintball, I started playing 4 weeks ago and I'm hooked again. I never owned my own equipment, but I do have a new mask and pod pack/pods. I've been doing a ton of research on marker set-ups and was wondering what people think about the following as a start-up for under $500:

Azodin Blitz
Dye Rotor
Ninja 68/4500

I figured the Blitz might be a good gun to start with, and if I really get into it, I can buy an etek 3 or proto reflex later. If I upgrade the Blitz, I can use the upgrades (barrel, feedneck, etc) on whatever marker I decide to buy later. I also figured getting the Rotor and Ninja would be a good investment now since those will go great with any marker upgrade I decide to do down the line. So what do you think? Thanks in advance!

Great starter setup bro, just make sure that you also have the best mask you could possibly get (VForce Grill, VForce Profiler, Dye I4, Proto Axis Pro, Sly Profit, Empire Event). Mask is definitely the most important. Also if you're someone who would want protection, thats a definitely thing to consider buying (Chest protector, slider shorts, elbow pads, knee pads, etc.)

#13 SOLIDsnake408

SOLIDsnake408

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:32 PM

Thanks for all the advice everyone. So after thinking and doing more research I'm gonna try to find myself a used gun. I figured with all the upgrades I would want to make on an Azodin or GOG Ill be spending close to a sick used gun. might as well spend the extra dough to get what I really want right? I would like to find a used Etek 3.

Just got my Dye Rotor in the mail. Ninja 68/45 is on they way.

Now the gun and I'm good to go. Wish me luck.
TANGO SUCKA!!!

My Feedback 2/0/0

#14 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:32 PM

good luck bet be CAREFUL when buying used and make sure they are in a pretty good condition, because it will not come with a warrenty and if your new you wont know too much about what could be wrong with the gun (still buying used is a good choice) and make sure you reaserch the gun before getting it because you dont want a gun that rquires alot of matenance after every day of play and you will want one that is easy to access and clean Posted Image
Posted Image
are you a Musician? Join the club! click this to get there!--->Musicians Club Here!

#15 Cam.

Cam.

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:19 AM

The tank is great.

-I agree the dye rotor at this point in time for you would be a little overkill unless you do plan on upgrading and firing at a very high bps rate. The invert halo II would be fine. Or even the Halo B works great. Save that $ for future upgrades or put it towards a good marker!

- CAM

Posted Image

#16 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,646 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:22 AM

:tup:

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#17 Kid player

Kid player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:32 AM

You know,you could just get a velocity jr.it feeds 28bps which is more than enough for most people. It is also pretty cheap but it uses a lot of batteries and is kinda loud. Gog envy or the extcy look to be awesome starter guns. The proto pmr also is an awesome gun for a beginner(with themmoney you saved from the rotor, yu can get pmr or extcy). Well anyway just my 2 cents. Now go have some fun play pb!
Hey I play paintball. I like it.

#18 AnBu_JR

AnBu_JR

Blessed with a curse.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:14 AM

This^
except invert too instead of Rotor.
I have the exact same set up as a back up and I let all my friends use it when we play. It's perfect for where you're level of interest is at! The only upgrade a blitz needs is a clamping feedneck and MAYBE an On/off Asa or barrel.. MAYBE. It gets along with the ninja and invert too great :P Go for it.

EDIT: Too late >.<

Edited by AnBu_JR, 31 May 2011 - 11:19 AM.

I also subscribe to the philosophy of Carl Segan. The solution to all of our problems is figuring out the universe. Our differences as people: rich or poor, Muslim or Christian, white or black simply fade away when we understand our true position in the universe - our true purpose to explore, learn and understand.

Posted Image
+1/0/-0Feedback

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users