#201 Side-Swipe

Side-Swipe

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:33 PM

Hey guys

I'm sure you guys have heard about that California law that could be passed soon.

For those uninformed: it simply states that all paintball markers must be a specific color and shape otherwise it's illegal or something to that extent.

I've faxed one of the letters companies have done with my name on it even though I'm here in IL.

The reason is simple: it might not affect us now, but in a year or two it might. In addition it hurts the pb industry because sales comedown as a result of limited choices.

Even if it's meaningless for us now, at least try to send in a letter. You can download it at empires site or just look it up on google.

Actually its milsim markers only dude.

#202 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:35 PM

No that's not it.

It's very vague which is the main problem, but even if it was milsim guess what? Those milsim players aren't playing anymore.

Less players mean less profits for fields, which means they close and that means less places to play in general.

Guess what markers are also milsim? Rentals Guess who makes the most profit for a field? Renters

If you can't understand the potential devistation this could cause then you're being close minded. It opens a can of worms that if we don't close, we'll suffer the results and it'll be too late to change it.

Edited by akt22, 08 June 2011 - 02:35 PM.

#203 Side-Swipe

Side-Swipe

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:14 PM

No that's not it.

It's very vague which is the main problem, but even if it was milsim guess what? Those milsim players aren't playing anymore.

Less players mean less profits for fields, which means they close and that means less places to play in general.

Guess what markers are also milsim? Rentals Guess who makes the most profit for a field? Renters

If you can't understand the potential devistation this could cause then you're being close minded. It opens a can of worms that if we don't close, we'll suffer the results and it'll be too late to change it.

First of all, i never said anything about it not being devastating so dont get it twisted, and put words in my mouth. Second of all it aint on us its on people who live in Cali. We can yell all we want but it doesnt matter state's rights are state's rights, so we can do nothing about it in Cali. When it comes to Illinois we will deal with it, but Illinois would never proposition anything like that because we have one major city, Chicago meaning more smaller farm towns and little villages that love their guns. We arent Cali that is full off a bunch of cities and bunch of gang violence and action (but dont get me wrong we got our fair share). We can raise awareness to those in Cali but other than that their representatives are exactly that, THEIRS not ours.

#204 PatManBegins

PatManBegins

Haters gonna hate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:55 PM

i could give you a list of cities / villages in northern Illinois OUTRIGHT BAN paintball markers/air guns..

what it seems like is they are just requiring an orange tip at the end of the barrel for MILSIM markers..

so i dont understand why everyone is getting their nipples twisted about NPPL going bye bye for Huntington Beach, and everything else..

Hell, airsoft markers across the US come with the orange tips, and it is Illegal for any store to sell a airsoft pistol/rifle without the orange tip, and 95-99% of the players i see at the field, paint over them or break them off... but yet, you dont see a patty wagon or 10 sitting in the parking lot rounding up these people.. i just think some people are blowing this thing WAYYYYY out of proportion, i couldnt help but chuckle when i saw the thing on the nation..

people need to stop and think for a minute.. is the government doing this just to piss off people? or are they doing this cause they keep getting calls from citizens and police departments because they cant tell the difference from across the street? people need to stop being stupid and be responsible with their equipment, my markers stay in bags, and if my bags are too full, a few black trash bags and back the car up in the drive way...

people think cause its not real it should be fine.. well.. explain that to the cops when they get a dozen calls cause your a fucking idiot..

Chicago Enforcers

Paintball Explosion
Posted Image
If you are over 21, have a job, and can buy what ever the hell you want, when you want.. put this in your sig.

#205 EricCartman

EricCartman

Senior Member-LL4 Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:45 PM

for memberships at cpx does sales tax affect it. if so what is the final price
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I hit you over the head with until you realize that I'm in command."-Serenity
Posted Image
My clubs Valken Users Club Steelie Club

#206 PBFez

PBFez

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:47 PM

I don't believe it does add tax.

#207 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,931 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:54 PM

I've finally got a job. I looked for a job in Illinois for 6 months, and turned up nothing. Come to Texas for two days, and I land a full time job at a convenience store. The pay isn't the greatest, but it is full time, so that's nice. But it also means money coming in, which is what I need.

#208 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:57 PM

No that's not it.

First of all, i never said anything about it not being devastating so dont get it twisted, and put words in my mouth. Second of all it aint on us its on people who live in Cali. We can yell all we want but it doesnt matter state's rights are state's rights, so we can do nothing about it in Cali. When it comes to Illinois we will deal with it, but Illinois would never proposition anything like that because we have one major city, Chicago meaning more smaller farm towns and little villages that love their guns. We arent Cali that is full off a bunch of cities and bunch of gang violence and action (but dont get me wrong we got our fair share). We can raise awareness to those in Cali but other than that their representatives are exactly that, THEIRS not ours.

Now you don't go putting words in my mouth instead. Not once did I say that we should like fly to california and demand that they stop the law with pitchforks in hand like an angry mob or something. I'm saying just show show some support even though it might not make too much difference. It's better than doing nothing. You said it yourself: we should raise awareness. We could do that by showing support even though it's not our state, If people from California see that we give a damn, then they'll likely give a damn because like a neighbor causing noise disturbances, if others tell you are causing a problem wouldn't you question that yourself?

As for worrying about it when it gets here: it won't matter because by that time other states would have followed suit, giving IL enough justification to follow it regardless of what others think. Besides that's not the point: why should we worry about something that had we taken the right measures, shouldn't be a worry at all.

That's not considering financial trickle down effect this could have. Simply put, the law weakens the paintball business for CA, which then leads to less money overall in the industry. Less money in the industry means companies have to make sacrifices to stay afloat. which in turn affects us because we either accept those sacrifices or leave paintball.

Edited by akt22, 10 June 2011 - 06:59 PM.

#209 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:14 PM

Heyo guys. I really don't see what you are arguing over you are saying the same things...

Anyways, who is up for a Fox trip soon? I have a TON of paint to blow. Who would be in for a OG IBC kinda thing?

Edited by MZinCamo, 10 June 2011 - 07:16 PM.

#210 Alted4

Alted4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:31 PM

No that's not it.

Now you don't go putting words in my mouth instead. Not once did I say that we should like fly to california and demand that they stop the law with pitchforks in hand like an angry mob or something. I'm saying just show show some support even though it might not make too much difference. It's better than doing nothing. You said it yourself: we should raise awareness. We could do that by showing support even though it's not our state, If people from California see that we give a damn, then they'll likely give a damn because like a neighbor causing noise disturbances, if others tell you are causing a problem wouldn't you question that yourself?

As for worrying about it when it gets here: it won't matter because by that time other states would have followed suit, giving IL enough justification to follow it regardless of what others think. Besides that's not the point: why should we worry about something that had we taken the right measures, shouldn't be a worry at all.

That's not considering financial trickle down effect this could have. Simply put, the law weakens the paintball business for CA, which then leads to less money overall in the industry. Less money in the industry means companies have to make sacrifices to stay afloat. which in turn affects us because we either accept those sacrifices or leave paintball.

Bears. That is all

#211 joe32

joe32

So much stuff for sale someone save me

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:21 PM

sorry to intrude this fight but a few kids from techpb and me are going to fts tomorrow(friday). If you guys came that would sure be cool having a field full of techpb people

RIP Danijel Jagodic,AKA BORG.

CHEAP Loaders Cheap Empire Axe Azodin KP FEEDBACK +idk, maybe 7

If you saw both PC Nation Fighting Threads put this in your sig

#212 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:45 PM

Nah

#213 EricCartman

EricCartman

Senior Member-LL4 Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:19 AM

anyone going to cpx this friday.
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I hit you over the head with until you realize that I'm in command."-Serenity
Posted Image

#214 PatManBegins

PatManBegins

Haters gonna hate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:53 PM

Ill be at CPX Saturday
and Explosion on Sunday!

Sundays the big one guys! 21+ after party ? is a must.

Chicago Enforcers

Paintball Explosion
Posted Image
If you are over 21, have a job, and can buy what ever the hell you want, when you want.. put this in your sig.

#215 EricCartman

EricCartman

Senior Member-LL4 Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:08 PM

buying a t9.1 finally Posted Image
Posted Image

#216 M0nstah

M0nstah

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:22 AM

Going to be a good week for me. My buddy is selling me a new graphics card and a SSD drive for my PC! Can't wait. If I get sub 20 seconds boot time for Windows 7 from the SSD I am going to be extremely happy.

#217 internet91

internet91

Nino

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:27 PM

Ill be at CPX Saturday
and Explosion on Sunday!

Sundays the big one guys! 21+ after party ? is a must.

hate you.
O hay mangs
Forza Palermo!

Feedback 3/0/0

#218 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,931 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:42 PM

Going to be a good week for me. My buddy is selling me a new graphics card and a SSD drive for my PC! Can't wait. If I get sub 20 seconds boot time for Windows 7 from the SSD I am going to be extremely happy.

You can always try it out by slapping Windows 7 on a flash drive, and booting off that, to see if you get boot times under 20 seconds. Only thing different between an SSD and a flash drive, is the size of the unit, the connector, and the placement. Flash drives are USB and small, and on the outside of the computer. SSD's are medium sized, generally SATA, and go on the inside of the computer.

Oh, and they have HCSD cards that have 128 gigs on them.

#219 M0nstah

M0nstah

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:51 AM

Ahh never thought of doing that. It is in the mail now so I will have just have to hope it works like I hear it will lol. The drive I am getting is 120GB so I will probably put Win7 and The Old Republic on it when it comes out. I am playing the beta and it is freaking awesome I can't wait for them to release it.

#220 Side-Swipe

Side-Swipe

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:42 PM

buying a t9.1 finally Posted Image

Not caring still, Cuz im the OG

#221 proto77

proto77

The Fourth Legacy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:57 PM

This is my first project gun. I got done with my first generation of mods all of them are visible, none internal. I would appreciate any thought, opinions, or suggestions. My most current idea for where this gun is going is a muzzle loaded first strike shooting marker for those days that I can't afford to feed my dm7.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#222 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:13 PM

Wait...is that a pump mod? If so...sick.

If it's just a handle....good woodworking, but pointless IMO :D

#223 proto77

proto77

The Fourth Legacy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:43 PM

Was supposed to be a pump however I couldnt get a smooth enough action so yeah it's just a handle but it gives me a light weight shooting platform and I'll try again at a pump when I get access to better wood. Thanks on the woodworking though all dremel and sandpaper.

#224 EricCartman

EricCartman

Senior Member-LL4 Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:29 PM

off topic.: i met wade and hester today
Posted Image

#225 M0nstah

M0nstah

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:36 PM

Dwayne Wade and Devin Hester?

#226 EricCartman

EricCartman

Senior Member-LL4 Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:30 PM

Dwayne Wade and Devin Hester?

yes and taj gibson
Posted Image

#227 M0nstah

M0nstah

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:15 PM

It must of been cool to meet Wade... I am sorry you lost time in your life meeting Hester. Haha I am joking hopefully you had a good time meeting them.

#228 EricCartman

EricCartman

Senior Member-LL4 Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:54 PM

It must of been cool to meet Wade... I am sorry you lost time in your life meeting Hester. Haha I am joking hopefully you had a good time meeting them.

it was cool i got autographs :). anyone going to cpx on the 21st

Posted Image

#229 fartmonster

fartmonster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:45 AM

- Snip -

Rule 3

Edited by TK-421, 16 January 2014 - 09:50 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users