28 replies to this topic

#1 GreenBlack

GreenBlack

I rep earth daily.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:57 PM

I've recently decided to go looking around for a pump to be messing around with at the end of the day if I don't have enough paint, or maybe even for some full day pump play.

I have pretty much no knowledge aside from the stickies in this forum, which aren't that information rich.

So if someone could explain to me everything I need to know in layman terms that would be awesome, and I also have a few specific questions.

1. Would it be fine if I used my 68/45 ninja on my pump?

2. Where do I find stock class pumps? I only ever see a few open class.

3. How much would a quality pump run me for? I am thinking of having a price limit of $300, but that is flexible.

4. What is the maintenance like on suggestions for markers?

Thanks. :)

#2 fl@pj@ck

fl@pj@ck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:01 PM

are you going open or stock class?

#3 GreenBlack

GreenBlack

I rep earth daily.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:05 PM

I find stock to be cooler looking, but I don't really know the mechanical differences. I will probably go stock.

#4 fl@pj@ck

fl@pj@ck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:14 PM

ok so just sayin but electros are like hunting with a machine gun, semis are like hunting with a bolt action, open class is like hunting with bow and an arrow, stock class is like hunting with a spear.

#5 Kermit

Kermit

TechPB, sad to see the end of an era. R.I.P.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:16 PM

I've recently decided to go looking around for a pump to be messing around with at the end of the day if I don't have enough paint, or maybe even for some full day pump play.

I have pretty much no knowledge aside from the stickies in this forum, which aren't that information rich.

So if someone could explain to me everything I need to know in layman terms that would be awesome, and I also have a few specific questions.

If it's open class or modified stock class(stick feed and tank, or hopper and 12 gram)

Paintballgateway stocks a few. The phantom is your best bet for a good stock class marker.

3. How much would a quality pump run me for? I am thinking of having a price limit of $300, but that is flexible.

Define quality. CCM's run upwards of $500. You can be in for a nice sniper pump for around $150 or less. A phantom would run $150-$300+. I'd suggest a cheap sniper, probably one you'd build yourself.

Depends on the gun. Usually very easy.

ok so just sayin but electros are like hunting with a machine gun, semis are like hunting with a bolt action, open class is like hunting with bow and an arrow, stock class is like hunting with a spear.

Saw that quote on MCB :rolleyes:

I find stock to be cooler looking, but I don't really know the mechanical differences. I will probably go stock.

It's not an operational difference, it's just how you set up your feed and air systems.

#6 fl@pj@ck

fl@pj@ck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:16 PM

stock class u have to reload the most often and yo pretty much always have to rock the gun barrel down to cock the gun, and u have to change 12grams
open class is just like a semi but u have to pump dont use it as an inconvieniant semi though.

#7 Kermit

Kermit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:19 PM

Yeah I like modified stock class best. It's the cheapest to play.

#8 fl@pj@ck

fl@pj@ck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:20 PM

not gunna lie i didnt get that from "mcb" i honestly dont know what that is (m carter brown?) mike said that stock class is like hunting with a spear. i came up with the rest

#9 Kermit

Kermit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:22 PM

Oh, LOL. Someone said that exact same thing on McarterBrown yesterday. Anyway, stock class could be considered that I guess.

#10 fl@pj@ck

fl@pj@ck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:26 PM

im not that type of guy i hate when people steal my cred. for stuff and im not a hipocrit (idk how to spell it).

#11 Kermit

Kermit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:27 PM

That's cool. Let's not clutter up this thread ;)

#12 pumpbusters

pumpbusters

Hasa Diga Eebowai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:40 AM

For open class its fine, although a 13/3000 is a better option but for stock class id be a little much imo

If you're looking for a phantom (a GREAT option, but mike@cci is coming out with a new gun soon so I would wait for that but (call Mike at 503-554-8095 or email him at cci@phantomonline.com he's an AWESOME dude

For 300 bucks you could get yourself a pretty nice cocker with a ccm kit, or an upgraded phantom or grey ghost

for the most part pump guns are VERY simple and require almost no maintenance, keep the gun clean and put a couple drops of oil in the asa and you should be good

answers in red

Edited by pumpbusters, 06 April 2011 - 12:47 AM.

First After Mike!

what did I tell about doing that?

"If at first you don't succeed pump, pump again." -me

#13 SuperG91

SuperG91

You met me at a very strange time in my life.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:34 AM

68/45 might feel a little big on a pump, considering pumps are very small and light. I'd recommend a 45/45 for a rear air tank. Small enough for pump, but you'll play all day.
The CCI Phantom, Lapco Grey Ghost are 2 popular stock class markers. You can pick them up from their respective websites, or find some in the BST.
200-300 will get you a nice phantom, or grey ghost, and depending on how much money you're willing to spend, you can personalize them to basically anything you want.
Pumps = Stupid easy. Especially nelson valved guns like the Phantom or GG.

If you're looking for a stock class gun, I would recommend a Phantom with an air tank. (Modified Stock Class) None of that stupid hassle with 12ies, but still with the difficulty/fun of stock class.

VSC is my personal favorite setup for a phantom, because you can hold the vertical air like you would a reg on any normal marker, and bottom lining it is easier.
[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="2"]

[size="4"]Super, that is by far the funniest reply I've ever seen in my life, if it weren't so massive I'd quote it in my sig lol

Feedback!

#14 GreenBlack

GreenBlack

I rep earth daily.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:12 PM

How do I tell if it is modified? If it has an ASA?

Edit: Would this be a good buy?

Premium Paintball Products

Edited by GreenBlack, 06 April 2011 - 03:17 PM.

#15 Kermit

Kermit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:31 PM

An ASA with a Tank on it is modified. And no, that's a horrible deal.

#16 drummie224

drummie224

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:45 PM

http://www.doropaint...Vertical Air SC

#17 PeanutWing

PeanutWing

Sleepy Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:03 PM

For starting out, I recommend Mod SC, A tank with 10 round tubes, but if you have the money and you like the uber lightweight factor on the gun than you can go stock class for around $30. And the same goes for a regular feedneck if you don't even like Mod stock class.

#18 SuperG91

SuperG91

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:08 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

These are both Modified stock class. Stick feed + Bulk air tank. IMO it's the funnest way to play pump. The tight/light setup of stock class without all the hassle of 12ies!
[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="2"]

[size="4"]Super, that is by far the funniest reply I've ever seen in my life, if it weren't so massive I'd quote it in my sig lol

Feedback!

#19 GreenBlack

GreenBlack

I rep earth daily.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:10 PM

http://www.doropaintball.com/AB1038101Equick/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=1074&cat=CCI+Phantom+Vertical+Air+SC

Are there any Canadian places to buy? I would prefer to buy in a store than online, but it's not the end of the world.

#20 csskiller

csskiller

R.I.P. Borg!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:17 PM

http://www.pinnaclep....com/index.html

My Feedback
RIP BORG, you will be dearly missed in the paintball world for all you have done for us.

#21 GreenBlack

GreenBlack

I rep earth daily.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:34 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

These are both Modified stock class. Stick feed + Bulk air tank. IMO it's the funnest way to play pump. The tight/light setup of stock class without all the hassle of 12ies!

How would one go about modifying it? Is it easy?

#22 SuperG91

SuperG91

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:57 PM

How would one go about modifying it? Is it easy?

On the VSC, which stand for VerticalStockClass, the tank either screws straight into the asa, like in the second picture, or you get an ASA, a remote line adapter, some macroline fittings and hose, and rig it up like in the first picture. Either way it's dead easy and you don't have to mod anything.

http://www.canadianp...markers/cci.htm
here's another store.

Edited by SuperG91, 06 April 2011 - 11:00 PM.

Feedback!

#23 GreenBlack

GreenBlack

I rep earth daily.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:39 PM

Alright, thanks for all the help guys. :)

#24 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:33 PM

Alright, thanks for all the help guys. Posted Image

Pinnacle paintball! They have the cheapest pump guns and parts around and the guys who own it are super helpfull. Give them a shout. Heck if you want to try one before playing they regularly go to NEXT paintball and eastie boys in Etobicoke.

Edited by Danny D, 07 April 2011 - 10:33 PM.

#25 konner09

konner09

Another Clinically insane Canadian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 01:40 AM

Pinnacle paintball is great they are awesome

We are waiting behind every bunker, hiding around every corner, waiting for you to make a wrong move.

from MCB

WGP NIGHTKAST for sale

#26 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:15 AM

+1 on pinnacle paintball. Dave is awesome.
I have purchused 3 times from them and im going to again becuase they have a big sale on 10 round tubes.

50 Ten roung toobs for 8.50!
WHaaaaat!?

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#27 pump-pred

pump-pred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:58 PM

I like that Posted Image
For sale: avatar mask, rap4 t68 gen3 pistol, DRX jersey 2XL, & pure energy 3000psi tank
Rap4 pistol comes in original packaging with parts kit and manual with 3 mags ( and has only been tested)
gene simmons is a b!tch

#28 pump-pred

pump-pred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:01 PM

Pinnacle paintball is great they are awesome

I'm backing this one up, pinnacle is sick. I've ordered items about 4 different times and nothings ever gone wrong. He has sweet deals too once in a while.
I just went to the site to see if there was a sale right now and the site is down for repairs. Fail!
For sale: avatar mask, rap4 t68 gen3 pistol, DRX jersey 2XL, & pure energy 3000psi tank
Rap4 pistol comes in original packaging with parts kit and manual with 3 mags ( and has only been tested)
gene simmons is a b!tch

#29 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,857 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:19 PM

http://www.doropaintball.com/AB1038101Equick/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=1074&cat=CCI+Phantom+Vertical+Air+SC

Try not to buy from doro there have been alot of complaints about them

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users