• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Mr.Pibb

Mr.Pibb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:00 PM

Hello TechPB. As much as im new to this site, I do want to be involved in the community.
As of about a month ago, i made my first marker purchase. I bought a tippmann 98 custom platinum, because i have played with the 98, trust tippmann's reliability and durability, and know how uprgradable it is. I took things into my own hands and saved up to buy good paintball gear, some for the 98 and some that will travel with me the rest of my paintball life. First things first, I bought myself a VForce vantage, reccomended by Mike. I also bought a Ninja compressed air 48ci, also reccomended by Mike. Now as much as im all for gravity hoppers because i don't have the budget or taste for large volumes of fire, i bought a proto primo loader for its 8-10 bps capability, while still being gravity fed. For the tippmann specifically I bought a Rap4 extendable stock for 10 dollars. Since i was already ordering off ANSgear, i thought it would be a good investment. I also upon hearing that the stock barrel is awful (which is true), i purchased the 14-inch tippmann barrel. Im not writing any reviews yet, since I have only used these in one paintball outing, but from my first experience i can tell you they work very well, in my opinion. The mask didnt fog and was comfortable, the tank did its job, the loader fed nicely and I didn't have to shake it, the stock was quite solid, and helped my aim immensely, and the barrel worked wonders for my accuracy.
Setting aside my amateur position, I want your honest opinions on my setup. I dont want to hear about how i should have gotten a better gun, or why you dont like tippmann, but tell me what you think about my WOODSBALL setup. Thank you and please reply!
Tippmann 98 owner and proud of it!!!
On a side note, drink more Mr.Pibb. Dr.Pepper is a malpractise pedophile!

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,111 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:03 PM

Nice solid beginner setup. :tup: Do you run the tank on a remote line, or on the gun?

Also, welcome!

Edited by andrewthewookie, 08 April 2011 - 07:04 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#3 Loneball

Loneball

I can haz paintball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:04 PM

Sounds good. I remember my first set up was a 98 too. Here's a pic of it.

Posted Image

Great gun to start with, and your hopper will carry on in case you want another gun later. The only thing I think you're missing is a pod belt
If I have more than 5 guns does that make me a gun whore?

#4 Weigel21

Weigel21

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:08 PM

Well, it's a budget setup. It may not be the setup I'd have chosen, but if it works for you then that's great.

Is your tank a 3000psi steelie? If so i recommend you get a remote line, a proconnect is probably the best you can get IMO. You'll then be able to tote the heavy (well, not too heavy) HPA tank on your back in a cheap ?+1 pod pack. this will also give you the ability to carry extra paint for those long Woodsball matches.

#5 Mr.Pibb

Mr.Pibb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:17 PM

Wow, i get replies fast! I think I am going to love this community! =D
To answer those questions, no I dont run a remote line. I dont for three reasons. I dont have a remote line or belt nor the money or reason to, because I am very good at carrying heavy weights. While I admit the steel is a bit heavy, it doesn't bother me one bit. (I am a football player lol)
I do however have a cute little 50 round pod that I keep in my pocket. I dont use that many balls in my matches, or have long matches, so it's perfect for when i just need a little more ammo.
I have been thinking in investing in a belt, but that will have to wait. Thank you all!

#6 Mr.Pibb

Mr.Pibb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:21 PM

Also i must ask, loneball, is that extreme rage 2 pod belt any good? I found one in my local sporting goods store for 15 dollars, and wondered if it would be of possible use until i am prepared to make a better purchase.

#7 TheNewbs

TheNewbs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:25 AM

Its ok, but you can go on Amazon and look for pod packs w/ FREE pods, my brother uses it, and its been holding up pretty good!!!Heres the link

http://www.amazon.co...02326658&sr=8-1

#8 ThunderLights

ThunderLights

Turbocharged Member

• Members
  • 9,202 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:05 AM

there is a reason people say dont run stock and bottles at the same time. its freaking hard to aim with it. i actually suggest running a remote line or removing your stock for added comfort. some other things, a good Podpack is the NXE ones, you can buy them for cheap on ansgear, or you can buy the really good ones for $50. also, beware of the upgrade pit tippys are, dont buy useless upgrades like lasers and flashlights and scopes and stuff, there not worth it at all.

#9 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,653 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:24 AM

there is a reason people say dont run stock and bottles at the same time. its freaking hard to aim with it. i actually suggest running a remote line or removing your stock for added comfort. some other things, a good Podpack is the NXE ones, you can buy them for cheap on ansgear, or you can buy the really good ones for $50. also, beware of the upgrade pit tippys are, dont buy useless upgrades like lasers and flashlights and scopes and stuff, there not worth it at all.

I did the same thing for a while, just a few weeks ago I took the stock off and it is infinetly better.

And yes dont put too much money into your Tippmann, if you really want upgrades buy ones that can fit all guns, like tanks and loaders. I highly reccomend you dont buy anything else from now on, because almost all upgrades are worse than useless.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#10 ExtremeFacepainter

ExtremeFacepainter

Das Boot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:08 AM

I would recommended to save up and get the the empire react pack which is found here. For 25$ it is a solid pack. I had one and it lasted me 2 whole seasons before I decided I needed more capacity. I still have it lying around though,

#11 Mr.Pibb

Mr.Pibb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:15 AM

I will definitely consider taking all this into consideration. I will start saving up for a good pack. As for remote lines and a stock, i do agree, when i tested it out, the tank was pressing up against me, but to be honest it didn't bother me that much. Not calling any of you liars or anything, but i think it's something I'm more than happy to live with. I also have heard tippmanns are money suckers. It's really true, but I dont plan on buying any more upgrades specifically for the tippmann. Thats why I bought the mask, tank, and hopper first, because they are usable no matter what marker i have. Thanks for the info guys!

#12 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,111 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:27 AM

The thing to remember, is that there's no wrong way to play paintball. There's nothing wrong with tank and stock, or stock and remote, or tank and no stock; Whatever you're comfortable with. Don't let anyone talk you into doing something you don't think you need to do.

#13 Mr.Pibb

Mr.Pibb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:30 AM

The thing to remember, is that there's no wrong way to play paintball. There's nothing wrong with tank and stock, or stock and remote, or tank and no stock; Whatever you're comfortable with. Don't let anyone talk you into doing something you don't think you need to do.

ah, that is good advice! Posted Image Say, do you speak both english and wookie?

#14 Vaellis

Vaellis

Just call your boy and we'll get luxed together

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,326 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:52 AM

Pretty nice set up dude, I would upgrade the mask next when you have a chance though.
I love when people can't pronounce my user name. ninja 50/45
Posted Image

#15 Mr.Pibb

Mr.Pibb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:58 AM

Pretty nice set up dude, I would upgrade the mask next when you have a chance though.

what mask would you reccomend?

#16 The Inflicted

The Inflicted

⊥ɥǝ Iuɟl!ɔʇǝp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:15 PM

If your mask is comfortable and isn't fogging, why would you waste money changing it?

#17 Mr.Pibb

Mr.Pibb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:41 PM

If your mask is comfortable and isn't fogging, why would you waste money changing it?

well i dont plan on getting a new one any time soon. I think I will keep this mask as long as I can, getting replacement lenses. But eventually I'm going to invest more into it.

#18 ThunderLights

ThunderLights

Turbocharged Member

• Members
  • 9,202 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:58 PM

well i dont plan on getting a new one any time soon. I think I will keep this mask as long as I can, getting replacement lenses. But eventually I'm going to invest more into it.

when you plan on upgrading, you should first get a better hopper, tank then mask. that would be the most logical way.

#19 Mr.Pibb

Mr.Pibb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:56 PM

when you plan on upgrading, you should first get a better hopper, tank then mask. that would be the most logical way.

Well what other hopper will fit my needs than the proto primo? I dont shoot paint fast both because I cant with my tippmann and don't need to. I don't really know what would be better than the tank I have besides a carbon fiber one, and thats a 100+ dollar think. But Mike says the mask should come first because if you cant see you can't play a good game.

#20 Kermit

Kermit

TechPB, sad to see the end of an era. R.I.P.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:58 PM

Exactly what I started with....except It was a CSX tank and a Tacamo loader. Great little guns.

Welcome to TechPB by the way! :D

#21 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,111 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:59 PM

If your mask is comfortable, and doesn't fog up, then you've got a good mask. Doesn't matter what it cost. If you do plan on upgrading to a speedball type marker later on down the line, then you'd need a better loader. As of right now, the Primo sounds like it's getting the job done.

#22 Kermit

Kermit

TechPB, sad to see the end of an era. R.I.P.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:02 PM

No need to upgrade anything. For woodsball, that's top notch!

#23 Mr.Pibb

Mr.Pibb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:03 PM

Exactly what I started with....except It was a CSX tank and a Tacamo loader. Great little guns.

Welcome to TechPB by the way! Posted Image

Thank you! You know, it's not easy being green... =/

#24 Mr.Pibb

Mr.Pibb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:09 PM

If your mask is comfortable, and doesn't fog up, then you've got a good mask. Doesn't matter what it cost. If you do plan on upgrading to a speedball type marker later on down the line, then you'd need a better loader. As of right now, the Primo sounds like it's getting the job done.

Thats exactly what my logic is. Don't flame me or anything, but I really just dont like speedball or airball. Posted Image It just seems like it's alot of money to waste in such a short match. Plus It's really about large volumes of fire and running. I like the giant spectrum that woodsball offers. The courses are different so you have to use the terrain to your advantage, you've got a team actively backing you up, you have objectives, and you can use your unique skills to add to the team effort. Don't get me wrong, speedball is cool, but I personally love woodsball!

#25 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,653 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:57 AM

Thats exactly what my logic is. Don't flame me or anything, but I really just dont like speedball or airball. Posted Image It just seems like it's alot of money to waste in such a short match. Plus It's really about large volumes of fire and running. I like the giant spectrum that woodsball offers. The courses are different so you have to use the terrain to your advantage, you've got a team actively backing you up, you have objectives, and you can use your unique skills to add to the team effort. Don't get me wrong, speedball is cool, but I personally love woodsball!

Just remember that ALL speedball gear is better than woodsball stuff (lighter, faster, more efficient, smaller etc) and you can use speedball guns in a woodsball game.

#26 lashcoin

lashcoin

Chicken in the coop!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:49 AM

Hey, I have a cheap NXe 4+1 (4 pods, 2 on each side, tank in the middle) pack with 3 140 rnd. pods and 1 50 rnd. pod I'd sell for cheap, considering I play pump now. Love to help a new guy out!

Let me see if I can dig up the thread... Nope, no luck.
Posted Image
Purple CCI T-Stock
My Feedback 9/0/0
MAH GUNZ: Purple People Eater (CCI Phantom)
"A bag a day keeps the electro's away!"

#27 Mr.Pibb

Mr.Pibb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:06 PM

Hey, I have a cheap NXe 4+1 (4 pods, 2 on each side, tank in the middle) pack with 3 140 rnd. pods and 1 50 rnd. pod I'd sell for cheap, considering I play pump now. Love to help a new guy out!

Let me see if I can dig up the thread... Nope, no luck.

Thats ok then. You should probably find some speedball player who needs a pack, because right now I dont have much need for it. Posted Image Thank you for offering though!

#28 Weigel21

Weigel21

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:28 PM

Actually, some sort of pod pack comes in really handy when playing woodsball. The matches can last quite a while, unless you play timed matches, and you can easily shoot more than a hopper full of paint per match.

#29 mash

mash

hungry member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:40 PM

Great choice getting the primo instead of a electric hopper... The other day I was using my freinds tippmann 98 custom (becouse they didn't want me using my terny guns) and I put my halo b up on top of it. The set up worked great when I was shooting fast but when I stopped shooting fast my halo would push 2 or more balls past the weak detent than say it was jammed... kinda weird.. fixed that by replacing it with my primo. I never had an issue after that.
Posted Image

#30 Mr.Pibb

Mr.Pibb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:52 PM

Actually, some sort of pod pack comes in really handy when playing woodsball. The matches can last quite a while, unless you play timed matches, and you can easily shoot more than a hopper full of paint per match.

To be honest, I play at splat tag, so the matches are timed at 15 minutes. But, for the matches that extend, I did buy a 50 round pod just in case. It's a cute little thing, fits in my pocket. Posted Image

#31 Mr.Pibb

Mr.Pibb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:54 PM

Great choice getting the primo instead of a electric hopper... The other day I was using my freinds tippmann 98 custom (becouse they didn't want me using my terny guns) and I put my halo b up on top of it. The set up worked great when I was shooting fast but when I stopped shooting fast my halo would push 2 or more balls past the weak detent than say it was jammed... kinda weird.. fixed that by replacing it with my primo. I never had an issue after that.

Haha, thats exactly why I went with it! Besides possibly jamming, it would require batteries, and the tippmann really only effectively shoots 8+ per second. Any more and it gets funky. Posted Image

#32 Weigel21

Weigel21

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:58 PM

To be honest, I play at splat tag, so the matches are timed at 15 minutes. But, for the matches that extend, I did buy a 50 round pod just in case. It's a cute little thing, fits in my pocket. Posted Image

Alright, I myself play outlaw/Woodsball and our matches can easily last an hour and upwards of a 3 hours. Granted, there's a lot of down time with no shooting, but when you run into the opposition you can (well I can) end up in a fire fight lasting for many minutes. Normally I play with a group of 20-50 people and on approx. 200 acres.

#33 Mr.Pibb

Mr.Pibb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:01 PM

Alright, I myself play outlaw/Woodsball and our matches can easily last an hour and upwards of a 3 hours. Granted, there's a lot of down time with no shooting, but when you run into the opposition you can (well I can) end up in a fire fight lasting for many minutes. Normally I play with a group of 20-50 people and on approx. 200 acres.

Oh wow, I've heard tell of the long matches in scenario and such. Thats the kind of play I eventually hope to be in when I've gotten some experience in. How much paint do you shoot in say, an hour long match?

#34 Weigel21

Weigel21

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:17 PM

Oh wow, I've heard tell of the long matches in scenario and such. Thats the kind of play I eventually hope to be in when I've gotten some experience in. How much paint do you shoot in say, an hour long match?

Well, it's not really Scenario, although most of use do the whole Milsim thing. I have had matches that I only shoot half a hopper and I've also had matches that I've ran out of paint (not hour long ones though). It's pretty fun, many of times, half of use pile in a few vehicles and drive to one end of the area while the other team stays put for a while. When both teams are ready we start walking to the other end until we run into the opposition and the real game begins. It's usually a last man standing style of game, but we've played capture the flag, protect the president, and even (one time that I was there) played with medics. That game lasted about 4 hours. :D Sadly, while the team I was on won, I was forced out due to running out of air. :( I was using my ProMaster and a 62/3000. I stayed in for a few minutes after running out of air, but it didn't take long for one of the players on the other team to realize my predicament. He was nice enough to give me the option to surrender or get shot. I took the cowardly way out and called myself out. :(

Edit.
Oh, and I usually carry around 1000 paintballs in total. Starting with a full hopper and 6 pods.

Edited by Weigel21, 10 April 2011 - 01:20 PM.

#35 Mr.Pibb

Mr.Pibb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:26 PM

Well, it's not really Scenario, although most of use do the whole Milsim thing. I have had matches that I only shoot half a hopper and I've also had matches that I've ran out of paint (not hour long ones though). It's pretty fun, many of times, half of use pile in a few vehicles and drive to one end of the area while the other team stays put for a while. When both teams are ready we start walking to the other end until we run into the opposition and the real game begins. It's usually a last man standing style of game, but we've played capture the flag, protect the president, and even (one time that I was there) played with medics. That game lasted about 4 hours. Posted Image Sadly, while the team I was on won, I was forced out due to running out of air. Posted Image I was using my ProMaster and a 62/3000. I stayed in for a few minutes after running out of air, but it didn't take long for one of the players on the other team to realize my predicament. He was nice enough to give me the option to surrender or get shot. I took the cowardly way out and called myself out. Posted Image

Edit.
Oh, and I usually carry around 1000 paintballs in total. Starting with a full hopper and 6 pods.

Wow, you're definitely more advanced than me...I cant even affor 6 pods full of paint, *_* I hope to take up a job sometime soon though, so I can earn a little more cash.

#36 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,653 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:28 PM

Well, it's not really Scenario, although most of use do the whole Milsim thing. I have had matches that I only shoot half a hopper and I've also had matches that I've ran out of paint (not hour long ones though). It's pretty fun, many of times, half of use pile in a few vehicles and drive to one end of the area while the other team stays put for a while. When both teams are ready we start walking to the other end until we run into the opposition and the real game begins. It's usually a last man standing style of game, but we've played capture the flag, protect the president, and even (one time that I was there) played with medics. That game lasted about 4 hours. Posted Image Sadly, while the team I was on won, I was forced out due to running out of air. Posted Image I was using my ProMaster and a 62/3000. I stayed in for a few minutes after running out of air, but it didn't take long for one of the players on the other team to realize my predicament. He was nice enough to give me the option to surrender or get shot. I took the cowardly way out and called myself out. Posted Image

Edit.

Wow, you're definitely more advanced than me...I cant even affor 6 pods full of paint, *_* I hope to take up a job sometime soon though, so I can earn a little more cash.

How come you cant afford 6 pods of paint? Is your field BYOP? Pay per pod? Pay per case? What?

#37 Mr.Pibb

Mr.Pibb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:32 PM

Edit.

How come you cant afford 6 pods of paint? Is your field BYOP? Pay per pod? Pay per case? What?

At splat tag its FPO, and the rates are 6 for 100, 20 for 500, 4(5?) for 100, and 65 for 2000. And entrance is 15.

#38 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,653 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:34 PM

Edit.

At splat tag its FPO, and the rates are 6 for 100, 20 for 500, 4(5?) for 100, and 65 for 2000. And entrance is 15.

Well you should try and find a new field, or just buy the 2000pb package, theyre not bad prices.

#39 krush

krush

KMFDM

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:36 PM

great first setup, and cudos for using your own money

wise choice on the barrel as well as your hopper, a good example of making your purchases match your needs

#40 Mr.Pibb

Mr.Pibb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:47 PM

great first setup, and cudos for using your own money

wise choice on the barrel as well as your hopper, a good example of making your purchases match your needs

Why thank you! Posted Image I did alot of research on the products before I bought them, made sure I knew what they would be useful for.

#41 Weigel21

Weigel21

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Edit.

Wow, you're definitely more advanced than me...I cant even afford 6 pods full of paint, *_* I hope to take up a job sometime soon though, so I can earn a little more cash.

I wouldn't say that at all. I may have been playing longer than you, I started in 98', but my playing skill may not be any better than yours. I play more laid back woodsball games. Speedball games, or at least timed games, probably force you to improve your skill more rapidly.

As for the paint, I buy cheaper paint like Visible Impact since I have to provide my own, we don't have a true paintball field. And as for carrying all that paint, I don't carry all of it in hopes of using it. Believe me, I'm glad when i play a game that I only shoot a hopper full. I don't have an unlimited income, I work 40-45 hours a week at $9 an hour, I'm by no means well off.

#42 phenomenon18

phenomenon18

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Just bought my little brother a 98 setup! My dad just got a house with a lot of land so we will play "sniper" games on that, if you are a sniper I reccomend either a cp one peice or a smart parts tactical, I use my cp 16 in on my vibe and I will snipe with that he has a tactical he can snipe with that, like an open field, if you would like I would be more then happy to take a picture of his 98

Old Dude PB, on 11 April 2011 - 02:03 PM, said:
I give my pods to my daughters to decorate. No one takes pods with hearts and unicorns all over them.

#43 Weigel21

Weigel21

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:52 PM

Just bought my little brother a 98 setup! My dad just got a house with a lot of land so we will play "sniper" games on that, if you are a sniper I reccomend either a cp one peice or a smart parts tactical, I use my cp 16 in on my vibe and I will snipe with that he has a tactical he can snipe with that, like an open field, if you would like I would be more then happy to take a picture of his 98

Please, define your idea of a sniper and sniping? I'm not trying to be rude, but those setups are far from ideal for sniping. 1 shot one kill or being very quite are IMO playing the sniper role, but I don't see wither of those setups meeting those requirements. Again, not trying to insult you, just wondering what you define sniper and sniping as.

Edit.

Well, your vibe could fall into the category, but the 98 never will IMO.

Edited by Weigel21, 10 April 2011 - 01:54 PM.

#44 phenomenon18

phenomenon18

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:09 PM

Please, define your idea of a sniper and sniping? I'm not trying to be rude, but those setups are far from ideal for sniping. 1 shot one kill or being very quite are IMO playing the sniper role, but I don't see wither of those setups meeting those requirements. Again, not trying to insult you, just wondering what you define sniper and sniping as.

Edit.

When I say the term "sniping" I use it very very loosely. We have a field with a couple of trees tall grass etc where it would be fun to play a hopperless game and manually feed the paintballs. The range would not be significantly different but more of just a lay down, hide and seek type game, basically bounces are a kill. More of a fun introduction into the woodsball world for him.

Edit: This would be fun and the point of paintball is to have fun right?

Edited by phenomenon18, 10 April 2011 - 02:10 PM.

Old Dude PB, on 11 April 2011 - 02:03 PM, said:
I give my pods to my daughters to decorate. No one takes pods with hearts and unicorns all over them.

#45 Weigel21

Weigel21

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:35 PM

Edit.

When I say the term "sniping" I use it very very loosely. We have a field with a couple of trees tall grass etc where it would be fun to play a hopperless game and manually feed the paintballs. The range would not be significantly different but more of just a lay down, hide and seek type game, basically bounces are a kill. More of a fun introduction into the woodsball world for him.

Edit: This would be fun and the point of paintball is to have fun right?

I couldn't agree more with that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users