• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 ShawnStoepker

ShawnStoepker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:04 PM

Hey Guys, I bought a used quest on this forum a few years back with the intention of using it but it ended up sitting in my closet getting no use. I decided the other day I wanted to get this gun shooting. I went to my local proshop and got it aired up and it LEAKED! a lot. So I went home and fixed most of the leaks but I played with the LPR and HPR and I don't know a whole lot about paintball guns so I brought it to my proshop and asked him. He didn't know anything about it but told me to take it home air it up and turn the LPR and HPR small amounts at a time. I am somewhat scared to do this as I don't know what I am really doing. I looked on the forums here and people were talking about different PSI to set the LPR and HPR too, but I'm not quite sure how to go about doing this... Could anyone shine some light on this for me and possibly give me some direction on how to adjust the PSI?

Thank-you for your time in advanced!
Shawn
Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Posted Image

#2 ShawnStoepker

ShawnStoepker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:13 PM

Also, my tank is reading 3000psi, and I opened up my asa and I can hear the air rush into the gun but then I look at the guage on my gun and it reads 0 psi... And I "think" but I am not really sure, is this because the screw for my HPR is all the way? And also what pressure is that guage reading? The air from the HPR or LPR?
Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Posted Image

#3 ShawnStoepker

ShawnStoepker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:54 PM

Update: Okay so I sucked up my fear and Ive actually made progress, I adjusted my HPR to what someone said on a forum its about three threads past flush from the bottom, then I went outside and slowly turned the LPR until the gun would fire, I did manage to get it to fire off some shots but its leaking like crazy. Why is this? To the best of my paintball knowledge I assume this is the o-rings... Any advice?

Thank-you again for your time!
Shawn

Posted Image

#4 ShawnStoepker

ShawnStoepker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:15 PM

Yet another update: As far as I can tell the leak is coming from the gripframe... Solenoid?

Posted Image

#5 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:26 PM

Hi. When you air up your marker first thing you'll want to do is take a look at the gauge on your Quest. That is your LPR gauge and it sounds like it was reading "0" at first and then later you adjusted it because you were able to fire. You want that gauge to sit at around 100 psi. You don't want it to go lower than 95 or higher than 105. So that's the first thing you'll need to do. Air up your marker and adjust the LPR screw on the LPR cap so that your LPR gauge will read 100 psi. Once you've done that. Try dry firing your Quest and watch the LPR gauge. It will move a little but should always return to 100 psi. If it goes over or below 100 psi or keep fluctuating you may have a bad spring or valve core in your LPR.

Try this first and post up if your still running into problems. If you are still leaking check the orings on your bolt pin and bolt. Replace any damaged orings and lube with any Dow 33 based lubed. Recommend Hater V1 or V2 or SLEEK.

By the way what are you specs? Board? Regulator? Bolt?
Pro Jerseys FST Feedback:http://www.techpb.co...showtopic=61562
Muppet #72, Christian Baller

#6 ShawnStoepker

ShawnStoepker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:40 PM

Thank-you for replying, It has a stock bolt, stock reg, and an APE rampage board. And I have the LPR so that when I air it up it reads zero and as I slowly turn it and it goes up to 100psi it starts leaking so I usually panic and turn it back then it stops and reads zero. So basically as soon as I introduce air into it, it leaks... As far as I can tell the O-rings aren't damaged and I lubed up the bolt and bolt pin (is that what its called?) and tried to pinpoint the leak as stated earlier and it seems like its coming from the grip area... I also have not taken apart the reg's as I am too scared to screw it up haha

Shawn

Posted Image

#7 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:47 PM

What's the highest reading you can adjust your LPR to before it starts to leak? Also can the bolt still cycle when your marker is leaking?

#8 ShawnStoepker

ShawnStoepker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:49 PM

I can't as soon as it starts reading it starts leaking... Do you want me to make a video of it happening? Would that help?

Posted Image

#9 ShawnStoepker

ShawnStoepker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:57 PM

And as far as I can tell it cycles completely. I'll post a link of a video I just made for this to try to explain whats going on.

Shawn

Edited by ShawnStoepker, 10 April 2011 - 08:29 PM.

Posted Image

#10 ShawnStoepker

ShawnStoepker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:53 PM

Here's the link to the video I made:

Posted Image

#11 ShawnStoepker

ShawnStoepker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:58 PM

Please if anyone knows what may be wrong their input would be greatly appreciated!

Shawn

Posted Image

#12 ShawnStoepker

ShawnStoepker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:51 PM

So I narrowed it down the best I could and I figured it must be my LPR, so I opened it up and the o-ring looked okay, then I took that part out and took a look at the valve core and there is this small black piece of rubber which looks awfully familiar, kinda like an o-ring... So how do fix this, does the valve core come out? Is the o-ring replaceable or can I just buy a whole new LPR valve core... Thoughts?

Shawn

Edited by ShawnStoepker, 11 April 2011 - 06:58 PM.

Posted Image

#13 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:40 PM

Where's the leak coming from? The body? Although it could be the LPR valve or even the solenoid those parts are not easily damaged unless you've taken it apart.

Try setting your LPR to 100 and then adjusting the HPR regulator. See what happens.

#14 Killer0Kevin

Killer0Kevin

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:14 PM

The exact same thing happened to me. I put the LPR together wrong :P
Check to see that the little metal coin is at the end of the lpr followed by the spring.

Edited by Killer0Kevin, 19 April 2011 - 09:16 PM.

#15 ShawnStoepker

ShawnStoepker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:44 PM

So I still cant seem to figure this out, I put a brand new CP HPR reg and aired it up and as soon as I loosen the HPR the LPR guage starts to rise and it leaks!! It seems the more I loosen the HPR the more air that comes through and maybe Im wrong but it seems like it starts leaking through the LPR and then through the grip area...

Posted Image

#16 ShawnStoepker

ShawnStoepker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:23 PM

I opened my LPR, and saw that the valve o-ring wasn't in great condition, as shown in the pictures. So I took the LPR valve out of the gun and the o-ring fell off. Does anyone know where I can get one of those o-rings, I'll post a pic up of the LPR valve.

Shawn

Edited by ShawnStoepker, 20 April 2011 - 09:26 PM.

Posted Image

#17 ShawnStoepker

ShawnStoepker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:27 PM

These are the pictures:

-http://s1227.photobu...%3DDSC00817.jpg
-http://s1227.photobu...%3DDSC00821.jpg

Edited by ShawnStoepker, 20 April 2011 - 09:28 PM.

Posted Image

#18 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:57 AM

Here are some of the oring sizes:

O-Ring Sizes:
006- Under the LPR
011- LPR Piston
014- Bolt Pin
015- HPR Piston
017- Front of Bolt
017 Urethane- Breech and middle bolt
018- Back of bolt and bolt pin and in between LPR and body

Check your local hardware store or oringmonkey.com to see if they have the size you need.

#19 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:02 AM

Or you can replace the valve core:

from pbnation: http://www.pbnation....90#post41137690

I picked up my first quest recently and it had a bad valve core. I was looking here for info, but could not find what I needed. I had my local auto parts match it for me, here is what I got:

2675 FJC
valve core

Its a AC core from a volvo. Matches size thread, etc. It is in mine now, and works well. Its a standard item, and most parts places should have or be able to get. If you need and can't find, I'll be happy to pick up a few more and sell them here.

the old one that came out and was broken is on the left. The replacement 2675 FJC on the right. I played the day with it, cycling about 1000 shots. Works fine, no leaks. Stayed constant around 80 psi.
Posted Image

#20 ShawnStoepker

ShawnStoepker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:52 AM

Wow! Thank-you so much OG671 that was very helpful and informative! I am going to check out my hardware store for an o-ring hopefully that'll fix it! I was gonna just buy a new valve but the company wants to charge me 32 dollars for shipping for a 1 dollar part haha...
Anyways Thanks again for your help I will post back if I get this working!

Shawn

Posted Image

#21 ShawnStoepker

ShawnStoepker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:53 PM

Update: the final one. (hopefully ;))
Well thanks for your help OG671 because I ordered that part (and 13 days later... :angry:) it arrived in the mail!! Well needless to say I installed it into the gun, aired it up, and bobs your uncle! Who's your aunt you might say? I am. That's right kids, I already had it!

Nah but on a more serious not thank-you very much for your time and help!
Shawn

Posted Image

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)