TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,451 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:40 PM

South Florida Bulls vs Liberty Flames
Rutgers Scarlet Knights vs South Florida Bulls
Kennesaw State Owls vs South Florida Bulls

Let's go South Florida!!! See everyone on the webcast!

#2 lord_g3

lord_g3

Bull Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:43 PM

Hey mike, are you going to be putting up videos of your games? Because I can't make it down on Saturday to watch

#3 Spider200081

Spider200081

Member-608 Spartans Dubuque, IA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:31 PM

Good luck to Mike and all the rest of the South Florida Bulls. Definitely sounds like a better prelim than Univ of Wisconsin/Platteville got last year lol. They played penn state, Ohio and someone else.

#4 ronjun69

ronjun69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:46 PM

Watched all day Friday and Saturday never seen USF.?.? When did you play Mike?

#5 THEJIMSTERNESS

THEJIMSTERNESS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:21 AM

i heard about some shens with the rules

apparently everybody needed to be a full time student to play xball, but USF forfeited all of the games in Race-to-2 where they were moved

#6 lord_g3

lord_g3

Bull Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:33 AM

Whaatt???

#7 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,451 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:30 AM

we got fucked dood, hardcore

Chris Raehl threw the rulebook at the club and basically threatened suspensions, bans and fines if ANYONE on the club played, and did not meet 100% of ALL the rules in the comprehensive rulebook. He basically bullied the club into dropping out of the tournament, and scared the players shitless from playing it again.

Everyone in college has different challenges and issues that they are trying to resolve. Some people can't take all the classes needed to be considered full time, because the college doesn't offer them. Some of the student had to drop classes, withdraw classes, incompletes, some have failed courses in the Fall of 2010, and aren't passing all their courses in the Spring of 2011. He started throwing rules at us that we were not aware of, and the team made the decision not to take a chance. None of them wanted to be the reason for getting the club in trouble, so they made a decision to just drop the event to get the promised refund.

On top of that, he openly and flamboyantly began interrogating the students about their academic transcripts, in FULL view of the dozens of players standing in the check-in line. Ken (manager of the Palm Beach Vipers) was standing 40 feet away and heard EVERYTHING about EVERY player on the USF team, their major, enrollment status, issues, he heard the entire conversation and trust me, Chris Raehl was NOT interested in trying to keep it private.

Chris Raehl had a VERY clear agenda on what he was going to do to that club, and it included embarrassing them, misleading them, and intimidating them. This was the club's first NCPA National Event and he laid into them with everything he had.

He told the club if they dropped the event, they'd get a refund. Then he calls us 3 hours after the team left the field, and tells us that he's keeping their entry money and any attempts to recover it would lead to a lifetime ban of ME from tournament paintball, as if I need his fucking APPA number to play tournaments.

just wow.....

And by the way Chris, last I checked, taking 9 credit hours of 5000 level Graduate Courses is considered FULL TIME when taking graduate courses.

My enrollment verification-

ACG5505 : Governmental/N-F-P Accounting
BUL5332 : Law and the Accountant
TAX5015 : Fed Taxation of Bus Entities

That's 9 credit hours of 5000 level graduate courses, most places consider that full time. Not by his rules I guess

#8 ChemistFunk215

ChemistFunk215

Lep is A Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:03 PM

is there anywhere stating that there is no refund on the money spent?

Clearly this was an attempt to make you look like a fool and it seems a puppet act

Edited by ChemistFunk215, 17 April 2011 - 12:05 PM.

Misfit Toys/Misfit Militia
I shoot PaintBullets for Ballers Inc., Valken, CP, Bob Long, TechPB, Deviant, LVP South, DXS, G.I.Sportz, TopGun, PlayGround, R7, FixMyGat
XBL Gamertag: ChemistFunk
My Feedback

#9 RealtorTommy

RealtorTommy

Elite Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,361 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:12 PM

I don't know the rules enough to respond....sorry to hear this Mike.

#10 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,451 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:53 PM

basically the league is designed for full time students only, but anyone who has gone to college knows that things happen that affect enrollment. Money issues, class issues, pre-requisites, etc

They have the ability to grant exceptions, which they do for students all the time.

We got caught like a deer in the headlights, because we didn't know about this other rulebook (the one that looks like the PSP rulebook). So when Chris threatened the club with suspensions, bans and fines based on rules that we didn't know about, it jolted us.

Keep in mind, I don't run this club, I don't have any administrative or officer position in this club. I'm a member of the club, I don't run the club. They have had numerous practices, tournaments and events without me. I assist them in any way possible, but I'm not an officer.

The decisions to move from A to AA, and to withdraw from the tournament were not made by me, they were made by the club's president and vice president based on the conversations they had with Chris at the event.

#11 ChemistFunk215

ChemistFunk215

Lep is A Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:55 PM

thats crazy and sucks to hear

Misfit Toys/Misfit Militia
I shoot PaintBullets for Ballers Inc., Valken, CP, Bob Long, TechPB, Deviant, LVP South, DXS, G.I.Sportz, TopGun, PlayGround, R7, FixMyGat
XBL Gamertag: ChemistFunk
My Feedback

#12 lord_g3

lord_g3

Bull Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:30 PM

What the fuck.... This guys sounds like a total douche. I think someone woke up on the wrong side of their mom's tit.

#13 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,451 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:38 PM

^^ it's a pretty shitty thing to do, to a Big East school that's located 20 minutes away from where the NCPA holds Nationals. Not to mention this was USF's first NCPA Nationals Event.

I've been covering and supporting the NCPA since 2008 & 2009, hell one year I had the only booth at the event.

You have the ability as the event promoter to make exceptions, listen to the explanations and make a decision. He strongarmed that club out of the event

and the major difference between the NCPA Sectional Qualifier USF played a few weeks ago, and nationals?

I was on the team this time, so he fucked the club over

#14 chewiestmonkey

chewiestmonkey

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:02 PM

why would he want to do that???
My BST feedback thread: http://www.techpb.co...&mode=show&st=0
If you'r too busy getting even, you will never get ahead.

#15 Mandoade

Mandoade

Woods for life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:49 PM

This is what could scare other schools away from college tournament play or even starting clubs.

Founding member of Brew City Bomb Squad!

DM9 Sale!

CPX Legion member

#16 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,451 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:21 PM

http://www.pbnation....ember.php?u=445

he's got PLENTY of motivation, and PLENTY of reasons to do what he did

#17 Evan

Evan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:39 PM

That's a crazy story, I was walking around looking for you guys all day saturday but I only ended up seeing two of the guys standing at the main field watching a few games. Too bad to hear.
Northeastern University Huskies #25

#18 PBFez

PBFez

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:44 PM

To be honest with you, I'm not surprised at all.

Raehl has never been one to give good customer service

Nor has he ever treated anyone but those schools who have long standing programs (UofI, UConn, Penn St, etc) with any sort of respect.

#19 paintballjla

paintballjla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:08 PM

he got a call from his favorite paintball politician. . .and he didn't bite the hand that was feeding him a bs sandwich.

And im sure that you could take him to court for disclosing personal information about the players of the club.

Edited by paintballjla, 17 April 2011 - 09:09 PM.

#20 chewiestmonkey

chewiestmonkey

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:16 AM

http://www.pbnation....ember.php?u=445

he's got PLENTY of motivation, and PLENTY of reasons to do what he did

Oh wow.

its all clear now...
My BST feedback thread: http://www.techpb.co...&mode=show&st=0
If you'r too busy getting even, you will never get ahead.

#21 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,451 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:58 PM

the thing that kills me is yes, technically we were wrong

We missed the rule on the old website? Yes
We missed that rule on the new website? Yes
We missed that rule on the thousands of threads on PBNation? Yes

It says in multiple locations that if you are in your graduating semester, you can play the event. It only says in ONE PLACE, that you need to have been a full time student the semester prior.

Let the club play the event, take it as a learning lesson, everyone moves on and everyone is happy. It's not like we were going there to win the event, we just wanted to participate. We've got 20+ USF Jersey's here with the "NCPA Approved Logo" on them, we had legitimate degree seeking USF students (who were active members in the USF Paintball Club) who turned in the enrollment verification, we rented a hotel room (that no one slept in) to meet the hotel room rule.

Ok, so we can't play Class A and be on the webcast. Is participating in Class AA that much of a big deal, to send the club home?

We didn't go to the NCPA to win it, we just wanted to have the USF Club participate in it. This club invested THOUSANDS of dollars into playing this event. Chris has the ability to make exceptions, he does for other teams all the time. You can't run a league like this without a bit of clemency and understanding. Unfortunately the USF Club didn't get any of this, we got slammed with a rulebook we never read, and went home

#22 Shortbuscrew

Shortbuscrew

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,120 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:27 PM

Did anyone give him permission to disclose private and personal information infront of many others?
My My Feedback 7/0/0

#23 Emerican

Emerican

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:43 PM

Did anyone give him permission to disclose private and personal information infront of many others?

Probably not, which is fucked up. I was talking to mike about this when i met him at cfp that day, he didn't really seem that happy about it. I didn't know all this but either way, in all honesty what can you do?
Clean Proflex's

Tampa Riptide !!

#24 lord_g3

lord_g3

Bull Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:56 PM

Regardless. The whole situation is effed up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users