15 replies to this topic

#1 itsme123

itsme123

Joshua 1:9

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:18 PM

Is a $140 carbon fiber hpa tank any better than a $40 aluminum hpa tank? Is the $40 one even worth getting?

Who wants free stuff!?!? If you buy something from my gearbag sale I will give you free items! http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=220057

#2 Ryan124

Ryan124

Luxurious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:21 PM

basically the cheaper one will be heavier and wont get as many shots per fill...
Bob long G6r
My B/S/T Feedback +18/0/0

#3 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,945 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:23 PM

the $140 once is a carbon fiber wrapped thank that holds 4500 psi it will generally give you at least 900-1000 shots per fiill
the $40 tank is going to be an aluminum tank that is heavier and holds 3000 psi and will generally give you about 500 shots per fill or less

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#4 ThunderLights

ThunderLights

Turbocharged Member

• Members
  • 9,202 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:28 PM

the $140 once is a carbon fiber wrapped thank that holds 4500 psi it will generally give you at least 900-1000 shots per fiill
the $40 tank is going to be an aluminum tank that is heavier and holds 3000 psi and will generally give you about 500 shots per fill or less

to add to this, the Carbon fiber tank holds twice the air, weighs half, and costs 3 times as much as the aluminum tank. your choice. IMO, its worth it and more comfy. i cant wait till i get rid of my freaking tank. its a rock.

#5 plan_b

plan_b

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:33 PM

if you have unlimited air at the field and you dont shoot a lot of paint out on the field, the 48ci 3000 tank is good enough. and then later on trade up when you can.

#6 ThunderLights

ThunderLights

Turbocharged Member

• Members
  • 9,202 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:39 PM

if you have unlimited air at the field and you dont shoot a lot of paint out on the field, the 48ci 3000 tank is good enough. and then later on trade up when you can.

i disagree. filling up after every game is a huge pain. i have to do it. carbon fiber tanks are so much lighter and more comfortable than steelys its not even funny. also, steelys have almost 0 resale value.

#7 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:16 PM

Refilling every game or two is really a hassle. Especially when many fields are very spread out.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#8 Vaellis

Vaellis

Just call your boy and we'll get luxed together

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,326 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:56 AM

Refilling every game or two is really a hassle. Especially when many fields are very spread out.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Get a 68/45
I love when people can't pronounce my user name. ninja 50/45
Posted Image

#9 itsme123

itsme123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 10:37 AM

ok will do

Who wants free stuff!?!? If you buy something from my gearbag sale I will give you free items! http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=220057

#10 Duke Scrotum

Duke Scrotum

Fuck Anticipation guy...Right in the Butt!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 10:39 AM

Meh. If 100$ means that you can't buy paint then it's not worth it.

And to answer your question directly; the difference between the steelie and the carbon fiber is about a pound.

baby3.png
Gearbag Sale

Because, I have a problem.
And the only way it will be better is if I have more guns.

#11 joe32

joe32

So much stuff for sale someone save me

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:13 PM

And to answer your question directly; the difference between the steelie and the carbon fiber is about a pound.

To add on to this: it also means you get a shape that isn't comfy at all. The carbon fibers are usually more rounded off

RIP Danijel Jagodic,AKA BORG.

CHEAP Loaders Cheap Empire Axe Azodin KP FEEDBACK +idk, maybe 7

If you saw both PC Nation Fighting Threads put this in your sig

#12 itsme123

itsme123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:50 PM

To add on to this: it also means you get a shape that isn't comfy at all. The carbon fibers are usually more rounded off

so basically an aluminum tank is just as good as a carbon fiber one, except the aluminum ones are about a pound heavier and not as comfortable?

#13 ThunderLights

ThunderLights

Turbocharged Member

• Members
  • 9,202 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:03 PM

so basically an aluminum tank is just as good as a carbon fiber one, except the aluminum ones are about a pound heavier and not as comfortable and hold less air.

fixed.

#14 LieutenantDan

LieutenantDan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:42 PM

Two scenarios that happen in this situation:

1. Buy $40 tank, enjoy saving $100, then start to get annoyed that it's heavy, big, and doesn't hold much air. Start kicking yourself for spending $40 on it. Spend $140 on a good tank. Final price: $180.

2. Buy $140 tank, enjoy having a lighter, smaller tank that holds more air. Laugh at the kids who buy the cheap steely tanks. Pat yourself on the back for saving $40 in the long run.
Posted Image

My Feedback +5|-0
To HELL with georgia

#15 Duke Scrotum

Duke Scrotum

Fuck Anticipation guy...Right in the Butt!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 10:58 PM

Two scenarios that happen in this situation:

1. Buy $40 tank, enjoy saving $100, then start to get annoyed that it's heavy, big, and doesn't hold much air. Start kicking yourself for spending $40 on it. Spend $140 on a good tank. Final price: $180.

2. Buy $140 tank, enjoy having a lighter, smaller tank that holds more air. Laugh at the kids who buy the cheap steely tanks. Pat yourself on the back for saving $40 in the long run.

mostly true as the value of a steelie is about 55$ for a 72ci tank (with free shipping).

then when you get a carbon fiber and try and sell it for 40$ you will only get offers of 25-30$ and then you gotta pay for shipping out of your sale price.

baby3.png
Gearbag Sale

Because, I have a problem.
And the only way it will be better is if I have more guns.

#16 CharlieDaniels

CharlieDaniels

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:35 PM

if your just getting started in paintball and your looking for something to get started, go buy yourself the $40 tank and spend the rest on paintballs. but if you have the money to spend, your better off with a 4500 psi tank.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users