18 replies to this topic

#1 Muck15

Muck15

Ill Muck You Up!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:00 PM

Before you post, please don't get mad at me if this has been posted/asked before.

I am just wondering if the Dangerous Power Fusion FX has any major problems. I am still deciding in getting the Etek 3 LT or this.
Most likely I will be getting the Etek 3.

Please post if you have had any problems with this gun, and its weaknesses.

Thanks,
Muck15
My Feedback

barrels are magic.

#2 mjblount

mjblount

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:58 PM

Nope fx is a great shooter
Guns I've owned:(in order) Ego 6, PM8, Etek 3lt, Ego 10, Dangerous Power FX
My favorite ones: Ego 6, Ego 10, Dp FX

#3 zCyanidez

zCyanidez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:52 AM

I don't know of any, I've put ten cases through it so far and its been great for me.

#4 mjblount

mjblount

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:46 AM

Going on 25 cases here and no break downs at all :)
Guns I've owned:(in order) Ego 6, PM8, Etek 3lt, Ego 10, Dangerous Power FX
My favorite ones: Ego 6, Ego 10, Dp FX

#5 Robot85

Robot85

Paper has no corners

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:48 AM

Never had a single problem with mine.

Robot.png
Canadian Ballers Club V3 - Gewn Owners Club V4

CQB Paintball                                                                        
Speedsim Media

#6 Tony0196

Tony0196

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:06 PM

No problems what so ever. Go FX.

#7 snake-player-10

snake-player-10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:57 AM

The FX is a lot lighter than the etek too.

#8 larryjerry1

larryjerry1

Ich bin ein Grazi.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:17 PM

The FX is a lot lighter than the etek too.

by what, a few ounces? hardly a difference.

just go with what you like the most. shoot em both, hold em both, blah blah repeat what everyone else has said.

Because that's what we had when I was a kid
Dirt.
And the internet, but dirt was cheaper.

#9 ThunderLights

ThunderLights

Turbocharged Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,202 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:11 AM

i will start off by saying this, dont flame me, this is just what happened to me and my friend.

so we got this FX, and it sucks. the ASA wont flip in correctly, the feedneck is pure garbage, its not a low rise clamping, its just tiny and provides little support to the actual loader. also, the gun is terribly inconsistent, its bullshitty unreliable, it chops like mofo, and it doesn't shoot straight (compared to the zenith, with the same batch of paint, same loader, everything) the barrel on the FX is dog shit, the board is a bitch to program, also the stock settings in the manual are different than the stock settings in the gun. also, DP is a joke. there CS is terrible, there Quality control is dog shit, they have lemons everywhere. please, do yourself a favor, go buy the etek 3, its based off of the ego, which is one of the most reliable guns out there, also you have planet eclipse behind you. Dangerous power Vs. Planet Eclipse. you decide.

i will end off with this, avoid DP as much as you can, its just a headache, and the shot quality of the FX is terrible (even compared to the zenith). Save an Ion, Throw a DP.

#10 Reign

Reign

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:43 AM

i will start off by saying this, dont flame me, this is just what happened to me and my friend.

so we got this FX, and it sucks. the ASA wont flip in correctly, the feedneck is pure garbage, its not a low rise clamping, its just tiny and provides little support to the actual loader. also, the gun is terribly inconsistent, its bullshitty unreliable, it chops like mofo, and it doesn't shoot straight (compared to the zenith, with the same batch of paint, same loader, everything) the barrel on the FX is dog shit, the board is a bitch to program, also the stock settings in the manual are different than the stock settings in the gun. also, DP is a joke. there CS is terrible, there Quality control is dog shit, they have lemons everywhere. please, do yourself a favor, go buy the etek 3, its based off of the ego, which is one of the most reliable guns out there, also you have planet eclipse behind you. Dangerous power Vs. Planet Eclipse. you decide.

i will end off with this, avoid DP as much as you can, its just a headache, and the shot quality of the FX is terrible (even compared to the zenith). Save an Ion, Throw a DP.

^^^^ THIS!!! I bought an FX and it breaks paint constantly. Just feels cheaply made when compared to anything PE puts out. I have my Ego 11 in the mail on it's way right now! I also attempted to contact DP through email and they haven't responded to me in over 2 1/2 weeks. Honestly they suck and I wish I would have listened to people on these forums before buying a DP FX. Although my wife's G4 is amazing and actually out performs my FX. LOL
Posted Image

#11 Raging Squall

Raging Squall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 08:46 PM

^^^sad but true... I have no personal experience but several i play with had(key word past tense) for a few weeks or months and everyone hated them... Ive personally seen 2 go down within weeks of purchase. So sorry but from what ive seen in reality and on the field is 0 for 5. :(

Edited by Raging Squall, 25 April 2011 - 03:31 AM.

#12 Talucci

Talucci

Canadian Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:04 AM

And u are who sir? U saying he's lying?
I have personally seen 2 FX's go down to solenoid issues at my local field where they were unable to continue playing. This was I would say 3 months ago and is why I pray that I never purchased that marker. I also have a friend who is selling his g3 because it has given him reg and asa leaks which lead to expensive repairs from a DP retailer.

I do not speak highly of any DP markers, sorry.

Get the Etek 3 LT

#13 Ryan456

Ryan456

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:42 PM

My FX works great. +- 10 out of the box. IMO the feedneck and the asa are better than the pe ones . Comes in sexy colors too  B)

#14 Muck15

Muck15

Ill Muck You Up!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:10 PM

Yeah i got a Bob long protege, a kid on my team has the FX and he says dont get it
My Feedback

barrels are magic.

#15 Merric Hoang

Merric Hoang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:53 PM

You just got a Lemon then.

I bought a used FX and it still work fine after numerous cases through it.....not a single chop or barrel break yet. I was surprise how consistent it was comparing to the etek 3 that has LPR. I got 290, 291, 288, 291....around the 290 area with RPS Premium .685 barrel. I found the board super easy to program...the only thing that is annoying is the power button (which is why i put mine into tourney lock and turn on auto off feature to solve that annoying problem). DP customer service is great, shipping fee is up in the sky.
The FX feel better in my hand compare to the etek 3...and the FX look better too.

I do agree DP feedneck is very low...not even high enough for the Rotor. And the rotor has the shortest feedneck out there

Keep in mind, FX is a Fasor = Forward Air, Spring Operated Return = single solenoid = more efficiency
Etek = Dual solenoid, air forward and air back

Etek is easier to navigate and easier to read the screen while you are out in the light....FX OLED can't see a thing out in the field.

Edited by Merric Hoang, 31 May 2011 - 03:58 PM.

#16 lostpaintballer

lostpaintballer

AXE OWNER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:07 PM

last weekend while reffing i saw three malfunction and are now being repaired. Posted Image Two asa problems with major leaks And The third was just a busted o-ring. My Two friends have had theirs for a few months and have had no problem and just love them. So i guess they are sort of hit or miss. I just ordered my axe last saturday!!! Posted Image
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave everybody wondering how the fuck you did it.

Posted Image

#17 cjohanson1

cjohanson1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:39 PM

yup my dp fx chops paint like a mo fo ive tried dwell amd only using one ball detent still crap im about to give up n sell it

#18 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:48 PM

Get the Etek,

DPs are hit or miss at best,FAZOR sytems rarely work right,my teammates FX has never worked right,too many problems to list,from the ASA to the bolt nothing has worked right

#19 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,113 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

This thread is 3 godsdamn years old guys.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users