• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 rifraf2010

rifraf2010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:52 AM

My Idea of how Pro Paintball should run!!!
So Mike believs Paintball is dying! Why I think it is dying is because there is no real market for the game/sport like baseball or football golf etc. So what I think the NPPL or whom ever needs to do is to change the way the game is play...

What I am saying is the format of Paintball is weak. There are four major tounreys though out the year which limits the exposure of paintball to 4 big events. Gold also have 4 big events called the Majors!

Paintball should be ran like Golf. Have a 4 day tourney (some what like thay day now). Have Pre Lims on Thur and Fri. the top teams advance to Sat Sunday with the Sunday Grand Finally.

Have the 4 major tounreys STILL but keep Paintball in the public Eye by having events every week like Golf!

Why I think this will work is it gives life to many local fields. By traveling around the U.S. (eventually around the world) this will help bring life to the game in the specific areas the pros Play. Think about it, Would you not LOVE playing on the same field as your Pro Idles? Also it brings traffic to many more fields if there events every week and if there is more traffic, there runs a chance of more players.

Changing the format to weekly tounreys also give the game purpose to play with a possibity of making a living out of paintball. Though some players do making a living out of the sport, there seems to be a very narrow window of making this sports a living and one big reason is there a too little events played.

The Pros...

More traffic to local Paintball Parks
More events can lead to More Paintball Awareness
Give a bigger reason to play the game
Help manufacturs push for more sponorship
Could help Grow the sport

Cons...

Will take much time and formating
Will cost a lot of money short term
May not work (considering the market of Pballers is too small)

What do you guys think... I know playing Paintball every weekend 4 days in a row can get pricey but look at golf. Golf is super pricey almost to the same degree yet the sport is a BILLION dollar industry and to many is Boring to watch... IDK i think My idea can change the game forever!!!!

#2 Trum_15

Trum_15

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,327 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:56 AM

They have events all over the world. the week after PSP Galveston, there was a event in pairs. then there was HB. what needs to happen is all the league turn into one super league all working towards a common goal, making a awesome bad ass tourny/making the sport bigger..

#3 rifraf2010

rifraf2010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:03 AM

True, I am getting back into the game so I am not caught up on where the Laegue is now, But I suppose that is what I am getting at. The League as you call seems to be just One big enternianment show case of the sport, not like golf where there is emotion and pressure the persuit of SUCCESS and triomph. I feel like its more of just like some rock tour traveling around the US/World just putting on a show instead of a sport were teams are truley fighting to status and bragging rights. But like golf you can have invitationals where you must be invited to play this event or earn you spot at the next event So to speak and give teams a Tour Card for so many years and to earn more years in the league they need to win certain major events to do so. this gives other no name teams a chance to make a name for them selves like Golf does for no name players who end up winning Major tournamnets....

#4 Doyle

Doyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:23 PM

Exebition games at local fields would definately be cool.

NkdMangina on Pbnation, Doyle on Mcarterbrown, SCSUDoyle17 on YouTube, DoylesPaintball on eBay

Team Zero Sponsored by: Vintage Paintball Park, Empire Paintball, DoylesPaintball.com & LLPaintball.com
2nd Place Pump Division - Chicago NPPL 2011

#5 Lucas

Lucas

Elite Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:25 PM

Tournaments every weekend? No room for practicing, teams would dip in and out of the scene to quickly in my candid opinion.

#6 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,232 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:18 PM

99% of players have a full time job other than paintball, so Thursday/Fridays likely wouldn't fly. Also ever since paintball was marketed to be more mainstream and less of an "extreme sport" it's begun it's decline, instead of focussing on keeping the older players, the ones with money, the ones with their own car and disposable income it's been geared to kids who have to rely on mommy and daddy to pay for everything, get to the field, etc. Also even for many paintballers, myself included paintball unlike other sports is not entertaining to watch. In every other sport there is a ball to focus on, that's where the action is, with paintball everyone has the ball and most of the time it's "Oh okay he got shot out nevermind, next guy, oh, he just got shot out, oh, the game is over, where's my soda?".

#7 fsugonoles63

fsugonoles63

Oh good, the voices are back

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 02:21 PM

I think getting paintball into the X-Games is what would really help out this sport. Everyone watches the X-Games.

#8 Alted4

Alted4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:21 PM

I think getting paintball into the X-Games is what would really help out this sport. Everyone watches the X-Games.

Certainly not everybody, but the markets are similar and there is the common theme of adrenaline filled sports

#9 TRCizPr0

TRCizPr0

AIM - Tyler1795

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:27 PM

Another problem with this great idea is that many fields are not kept up as much as lets say golf courses. So that could turn down a lot of fields. But other then that I like the idea.

Posted Image

#10 K_L3AD3R

K_L3AD3R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:23 PM

i think that tournys every week is kinda steep. maybe if they were 1 or 2 a month and every few months a major tourny or two would be alright also like some one else said gear the sprt towards adults with money make it seem adrenaline filled and extreme which it kinda is. also i think that major companies need to advertise. get the sport out into the public. make it seem like a friendly sport while keeping the adrenaline and extreme there. this is a great idea you have but i think there are a few kinks that would have to be worked out as well as the leagues working together and trying to actually promote them sorta mainstreem
NW paintballer

this is almost as fucked up as pop-tart kittys shitting rainbows!!!

im talking about this... http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=159761

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users