• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 momohobobobo

momohobobobo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:28 PM

Alright so i traded my ego 7 with a cash to my friend in need of money for his ten. I took it out to play today and it seems really messed up. What happens is the first shot will be unbelievably high. Like 330-370 high. But then after that shot it will go back down to 250 +/- 5. Im wondering what this could be. I heard of creeping, but im not exactly sure what it is, all the info is unclear. If it was just a creeping problem how would i go about fixing it.

Also i know that there could be a problem with the settings such as dwell and fsd. I tried messing with those but it really didnt do much. Maybe i just didnt find the right combo though.

If it helps at all im using a guerrilla air 68/45 high pressure tank.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Getting a new gun and not being able to play with it is so frustrating.
Thank you

#2 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:21 PM

I would just go ahead before anything and set all the settings to stock, both board and lpr.

Also clean out the lpr, hpr and ram while your at it.

See if that helps at all. If that doesnt help call planet eclipse they have awesome customer service.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#3 Trum_15

Trum_15

Uber Member

• Members
  • 8,327 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:22 PM

Change the battery as well as what was said above.

#4 momohobobobo

momohobobobo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:59 PM

yeah i tried all that. Its really frustrating. And yeah, im calling them monday. I did everything i can think of but it still does it. its like the gun is constantly charging if i dont shoot it. The longer i wait between shots the higher that first shot will be. It to the point where my gun is almost dangerous i think.

#5 momohobobobo

momohobobobo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:07 PM

Alright so i checked out my reg and i noticed that on the top of the piston there was what i think was a tiny oring that had a big chunk taken out. So i replaced it with the oring that seemed to be the correct one (it said nothing about the piston in the manual so idk.) The oring fit and looked right but it is still doing the same thing. So is there not actually an oring supposed to be there? like maybe its a pre installed thing on the piston, I have no idea.

And on a side note, im getting mixed answers on whether or not to use oil or grease on the pistons on the hpr and lpr. The manual says oil, but everyone else says grease. Then further, i was told that "the ego 10 is too advanced for hater sauce so its bad for my gun", is that true? it seems like there has always been a huge debate over which grease is best and what to use and all that and blah blah blah.
Thanks for all the quick replies

#6 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:24 PM

Alright so i checked out my reg and i noticed that on the top of the piston there was what i think was a tiny oring that had a big chunk taken out. So i replaced it with the oring that seemed to be the correct one (it said nothing about the piston in the manual so idk.) The oring fit and looked right but it is still doing the same thing. So is there not actually an oring supposed to be there? like maybe its a pre installed thing on the piston, I have no idea.

And on a side note, im getting mixed answers on whether or not to use oil or grease on the pistons on the hpr and lpr. The manual says oil, but everyone else says grease. Then further, i was told that "the ego 10 is too advanced for hater sauce so its bad for my gun", is that true? it seems like there has always been a huge debate over which grease is best and what to use and all that and blah blah blah.

Both will work, but I wouldnt use hater sauce in regs, it doesnt work too well from my experience.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#7 momohobobobo

momohobobobo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:42 PM

The oring didnt work. Still doing the same thing. i probably need a new piston

#8 p00ned4dis

p00ned4dis

PE Fan Boy -- EGO 11 Owner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:56 PM

Call PE and ask.. Don't assume anything until you hear from them.

Who knows, they may even fix it free. They are notorious for that. ;)
WGP Black magic AutoCocker ~ http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=153878

#9 momohobobobo

momohobobobo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:48 AM

Call PE and ask.. Don't assume anything until you hear from them.

Who knows, they may even fix it free. They are notorious for that. ;)

Yeah thats what i was hoping. The new piston is only $15 dollars on ans. Dont see any reason why it'd be a problem for them. Kee is pretty good about that too

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users