#1 SavageSnipes

SavageSnipes

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:37 PM

Here's the situation:

You're playing say a D2 or D1 tournament and shooting loads of paint. Let's say you're a back player and you've shot through all of your pods and only have a handful of shots left in your loader. If you run completely out of paint (none in the loader and no pods left) what can you do? I've picked paint up off the ground before but that's usually my last resort. Is there a rule in place in the NPPL or PSP league regarding surrendering or barrel tagging? Or do you absolutely have to mark the player with a ball?

#2 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,950 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:53 PM

you do have to mark a player with a ball to eliminate them. the best thing to do is when you only have a hopper left dont shoot unless you know you will hit them. Then just call out positions for you team. Dont do anything dumb like trying to run across the field and take as many player with you as you can because they will more than likely result in a penalty.

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#3 True Colours

True Colours

banned and proud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,288 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:52 AM

you do have to mark a player with a ball to eliminate them. the best thing to do is when you only have a hopper left dont shoot unless you know you will hit them. Then just call out positions for you team. Dont do anything dumb like trying to run across the field and take as many player with you as you can because they will more than likely result in a penalty.

Not if you you actually know how to do a run through, Which you would if you played D2 Xball like the OP

kinko

#4 (Insert Creative Name)

(Insert Creative Name)

Moves in silence like lasagna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts
  • Location:some where in, uh.....Canada... yeah thats right I think

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:20 PM

Stay in a call positions and be as helpful to your team as you can. If you have none, you can try to pick up paint off the ground just as a last resort, but it you have barley any left, only shoot when you can hit them, not just in anticipation.
Yeah, I have no sig, deal with it...

#5 Tribs

Tribs

Applejack forevaaaaa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:53 PM

You could always try shooting less.

Just a thought.

#6 BURN177

BURN177

super man that ho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:35 PM

Not if you you actually know how to do a run through, Which you would if you played D2 Xball like the OP

agreed. when i low on paint i normally call some positions and just run the tape. i generally get 2 or more players in the process and cause so much confusion for the players and refs that my team mates can do something. just do it right or you'll be painted
or just not shoot so much. i use a little over a hopper for a game and like half a hop for tournies

#7 Plazmaz

Plazmaz

That's What She Said!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:40 PM

What i do is just move up, and call postitions. And/Or ask for a pod :)

Cru Paintball, Michigan
Yeah im 12. Come at me bro...

Posted Image

#8 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,950 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:31 AM

the OP doesnt say their in D2 theyre saying what if you shoot a load of paint like someone in D2/D1. And if you know how to do a run through then that wouldn't be considered something stupid, blindly running down the field without knowing were the other players are would be...

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#9 Mr. Rogers

Mr. Rogers

iPump

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:14 PM

Play pump during practice it makes you save alot of paint and teaches you how to pick shots better. If you have a team mate around you you can have them toss you a pod if they are a back player and you play front. That will work only about 25% of the time. Otherwise your only option would be to use ground paint.

#10 Baux18

Baux18

Screw you guys, I'm goin home.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,313 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:56 PM

i would be as annoying to the other team as possible. try to distract them so your teammates can move up.

Play pump during practice it makes you save alot of paint and teaches you how to pick shots better. If you have a team mate around you you can have them toss you a pod if they are a back player and you play front. That will work only about 25% of the time. Otherwise your only option would be to use ground paint.

wow im shocked robert recommended pump :rolleyes:
Posted Image

Well aware, he is a master of sarcasm, and I love me my Baux.

#11 Mr. Rogers

Mr. Rogers

iPump

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:13 PM

I know I never do that.

#12 paintballer4ever

paintballer4ever

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:33 AM

Get that ghost pro and motion sensor on and camp it up! But really though if i dont have much paint left ill just call out positions or try to make a move and bunker someone (if were up on bodies)

#13 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:46 AM

lol, do you really think a D2 player would have to ask this question?

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#14 GhillieSuitPaintball

GhillieSuitPaintball

㊉₣₩GҞ✞Δ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:54 PM

lol, do you really think a D2 player would have to ask this question?

^
I'm glad a few people on this forum have some fucking common sense.
Bob Long Rapper, Dark SFT Shocker, Ego5, NXT Shocker X 2

"There are only two options regarding commitment; you're either in or you're out. There's no such thing as life in-between."
"Experience is a nice way to say you've had your ass handed to you in a very unpleasant way and you learned something from it." Rob Rubin

#15 BRUTE

BRUTE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

Just yell shit! Not kiding if your not shouting enemy bunkers then be a big ass distraction to the other team. I did it ounce. An all i did was run bunker to bunker yelling lmao it works
#63 on the roster #1 in your heart!!

#16 WiscoBaller

WiscoBaller

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

have a teammate drop a pod, then they move. you bump up, and grab the pod.

University of Wisconsin Whitewater Paintball Club
Sponsored by KEE, H2 Paintball, Empire
The Hooligans Paintball Team
Bob Long Victory Ripper Dye Rotor Dye Throttle 70/4500
Bob Long Ripper FST

#17 Austin_

Austin_

Agg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:58 PM

That would really suck, just scout out enemys position or, just ask a teammate to throw you a pod.
An expert at something was once a begineer.
XBL: Slapped In 3D

Feedback+2/0

#18 WiscoBaller

WiscoBaller

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:22 AM

in my experience, throwing a pod usually ends in a pod popping open after hitting the ground lol

University of Wisconsin Whitewater Paintball Club
Sponsored by KEE, H2 Paintball, Empire
The Hooligans Paintball Team
Bob Long Victory Ripper Dye Rotor Dye Throttle 70/4500
Bob Long Ripper FST

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users