• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 BRUTE/BRENT

BRUTE/BRENT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:40 AM

i have a spyder shutter with a 20 inch sniper barrel a remote air system a 3000 psi compressed air tank belts bods with gator tops on them and a hopper with teeth on the inside of it to grab the gator lid on my pods and i was wondering if it would be worth it to buy and assemble an electronic trigger on it.
thanks
~brent~

#2 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:11 AM

i have a spyder shutter with a 20 inch sniper barrel a remote air system a 3000 psi compressed air tank belts bods with gator tops on them and a hopper with teeth on the inside of it to grab the gator lid on my pods and i was wondering if it would be worth it to buy and assemble an electronic trigger on it.
thanks
~brent~

Not sure if troll...

No, dont waste your time any money upgrading a Spyder anymore, you can spend $500 on it and it will still be a Spyder, nothing can change that.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#3 hogzilla88

hogzilla88

Something about narwhals...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:31 AM

short answer: no. Don't bother upgrading a spyder.

#4 Kermit

Kermit

TechPB, sad to see the end of an era. R.I.P.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:44 AM

Upgraded spyders are fun, but really not worth the cost it takes.

#5 Talucci

Talucci

Canadian Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:59 AM

You'll like it now, but when u go to sell it, no one cares how much u put into it. Because its still a 'spyder'

#6 Kermit

Kermit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:02 AM

thanks
~brent~

Not sure if troll...

No, dont waste your time any money upgrading a Spyder anymore, you can spend $500 on it and it will still be a Spyder, nothing can change that.

My field sells them. They exist.

#7 BRUTE/BRENT

BRUTE/BRENT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:42 AM

either way i like my spyders and im upgrading here soon but how much would it be to buy and e trigger for it???

thanks
~brent~

Not sure if troll...

how much are they???

#8 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:43 AM

thanks
~brent~

Not sure if troll...

I know they exist, I've even seen 24 inch barrels. But a person claiming to have a Spyder and a 20 inch barrel and wanting to upgrade it just sounds like someone trying to start a flame war.

#9 BRUTE/BRENT

BRUTE/BRENT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:46 AM

thanks
~brent~

Not sure if troll...

I know they exist, I've even seen 24 inch barrels. But a person claiming to have a Spyder and a 20 inch barrel and wanting to upgrade it just sounds like someone trying to start a flame war.

im just saying upgrading the trigger not anything else i just wanna know if it would be worth it to install and e trigger to it or not

#10 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:49 AM

thanks
~brent~

Not sure if troll...

im just saying upgrading the trigger not anything else i just wanna know if it would be worth it to install and e trigger to it or not

I just hope you know 20 inch barrels are cumbersome, decreases efficiency and is no more accurate :huh:

In my opinion an e-trigger is a waste of money for a Spyder, as I've said there is no point upgrading a Spyder, the money will be better off being put towards a new gun or actually playing paintball.

#11 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:26 PM

thanks
~brent~

Not sure if troll...

I just hope you know 20 inch barrels are cumbersome, decreases efficiency and is no more accurate :huh:

In my opinion an e-trigger is a waste of money for a Spyder, as I've said there is no point upgrading a Spyder, the money will be better off being put towards a new gun or actually playing paintball.

This guy knows what he is talking about. Its fun to mod spyders for LP and such but just throwing other things that wont increase the performance is a waste.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#12 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• 13,953 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:28 PM

either way i like my spyders and im upgrading here soon but how much would it be to buy and e trigger for it???

thanks
~brent~

Not sure if troll...

how much are they???

im not sure how much they are but look in the bst...spyder parts dont hold their resale value so you can get them for a fraction of the cost used

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#13 Kermit

Kermit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:43 PM

I owned this gun for about a month after my friend that made this video sold it. It was probably my favorite gun that I ever owned just because it was very unique and was just fun to shoot.

If you can get a cheap E-Trigger, make sure you've got a good fast loader and it will shoot really nicely.

#14 BEAST911

BEAST911

Paintball & Rc Enthusiast!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:59 PM

I found an e-trigger on amazon for about 60-70$ I heard they're good or you can look for a rocking trigger but those are banned on some fields and are discontinued so u have to go to amazon to find them

#15 Loren

Loren

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:39 AM

I say not worth it unless you can find an e trigger frame for $25 or less (so used). Otherwise, most definitely not worth it.

Shoot look hard enough and you can find a used e triggered spyder (yeah the whole marker) for the cost of a brand new kingman e trigger frame.

Also: I HATE the rocking trigger. I really disliked the feel and design of it.

Edited by Loren, 06 May 2011 - 05:40 AM.

Dye Matrix 2006
Ninja 68/4500
Empire Prophecy
Invert Avatar Mask with fanz installed

#16 BEAST911

BEAST911

Paintball & Rc Enthusiast!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:43 PM

I say not worth it unless you can find an e trigger frame for $25 or less (so used). Otherwise, most definitely not worth it.

Shoot look hard enough and you can find a used e triggered spyder (yeah the whole marker) for the cost of a brand new kingman e trigger frame.

Also: I HATE the rocking trigger. I really disliked the feel and design of it.

i have a mr-1 that i am turning into a milsim marker and when i thought of it a 3-trigger is bad ,i got a em-1 and the trigger came with it so i didnt mind it but the em-1 dosent have eyes so it chops on its highest setting (21bps+) and i got a eye activated hopper which leaves gaps in the streams so it still chops

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users