• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 trackattackzb

trackattackzb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:01 PM

i have heard of somthing called first strike rounds that always used in scenerio guns but i don't know what they are. can someone please help

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,067 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:04 PM

First strike rounds are .68 caliber paintballs with a skirt of fins on the back to aid in aerodynamics. Due to their shape, so far they can only be fed through a magazine in the Tiberius guns. They've been shot up to 500 feet.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 08 May 2011 - 09:04 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#3 Ryz

Ryz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:10 PM

First Strike rounds are a devastating new technology that allows for true sniping in paintball, rather than simply spray and pray. I've gotten reliable chest hits on stationary targets out to around 300 feet using them in my T9.1. They also making this awesome/terrifying sszziip noise as they fly past your head.

As Andrew pointed out, you will need a T8.1 or T9.1 to feed the from a magazine; if you want to test them in another marker, unscrew the barrel, stick one in, and turn off the eyes - this will allow for a very slow rate of fire, but is a good way to see the accuracy.

If you are thinking of a T9.1/T8.1, please consider thispost of mine. Short version is, awesome marker for First Strike, Beautiful machining, pain in the ass to clean.

#4 HOLA!

HOLA!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:03 AM

First strikes are fun. I shoot squirrels in my back yard with them :D but I don't really use them in actual play, they don't break very good, I've shot my fence with them and they haven't broken, so maybe shooting squirrels with them is bad..... whatever, squirrels drive my dogs crazy.

#5 Ryz

Ryz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:26 PM

Most people use a pellet rifle or a .22 for that, so your squirrels are probably lucky...

#6 Jalen

Jalen

Resident Psychopath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:12 PM

First Strike rounds are a devastating new technology that allows for true sniping in paintball, rather than simply spray and pray. I've gotten reliable chest hits on stationary targets out to around 300 feet using them in my T9.1. They also making this awesome/terrifying sszziip noise as they fly past your head.

As Andrew pointed out, you will need a T8.1 or T9.1 to feed the from a magazine; if you want to test them in another marker, unscrew the barrel, stick one in, and turn off the eyes - this will allow for a very slow rate of fire, but is a good way to see the accuracy.

If you are thinking of a T9.1/T8.1, please consider thispost of mine. Short version is, awesome marker for First Strike, Beautiful machining, pain in the ass to clean.

this

although imho it seems like it wouldn't have hurt to just do a quick google search
I only play paintball so I can tell dirty jokes.

#7 Aulldeath

Aulldeath

Pain is irrelevent, yet inevitable.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:22 PM

First Strike Rounds are GODS!@!!@!@!@!@
That is what they are Posted Image .
Posted Image
Yes, I work at Wal*Mart, got a problem with that?

#8 The Inflicted

The Inflicted

⊥ɥǝ Iuɟl!ɔʇǝp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:31 PM

I've used First Strike rounds quite a bit in scenario games, though I've never bothered to use a specialized gun for them. I just load them one-at-a-time into my pump guns, and as expensive as they are per-shot I'm perfectly happy with that.

#9 illusion990

illusion990

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:19 PM

Finned paintballs
Extreme range but only work on certain guns

#10 The Inflicted

The Inflicted

⊥ɥǝ Iuɟl!ɔʇǝp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:21 PM

Finned paintballs
Extreme range but only work on certain guns

You can use FS rounds in any gun if you take the time to load them.

#11 PBpancake

PBpancake

Forever Alone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 04:58 PM

I've used First Strike rounds quite a bit in scenario games, though I've never bothered to use a specialized gun for them. I just load them one-at-a-time into my pump guns, and as expensive as they are per-shot I'm perfectly happy with that.

Do you load them at the end of the barrel or do you stick them down the feedneck? That's a pretty good idea, I might try that too.

#12 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,646 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:16 PM

Do you load them at the end of the barrel or do you stick them down the feedneck? That's a pretty good idea, I might try that too.

You have to unscrew the barrel and manually load it each time.

Or if you have a stacked tube poppet you can just pull the bolt out and chamber it like that.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#13 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,067 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:17 PM

You could also use your swab or carry a long dowel to muzzle load them musket style.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#14 The Inflicted

The Inflicted

⊥ɥǝ Iuɟl!ɔʇǝp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:58 PM

You have to unscrew the barrel and manually load it each time.

Or if you have a stacked tube poppet you can just pull the bolt out and chamber it like that.

Yeah, it depends on which gun I'm using.

Using my Sniper or my PGP I remove the bolt and load the ball in through the rear of the upper tube.
On my Phantom I just unscrew the barrel, since Phantom barrels unthread so easily.
It's easiest on my Trracer since the feedneck slides out of the way and the breech is already shaped for dropping FS rounds right in. Hard to do with gloves on, though.
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=131437

Before you say that sounds like a pain, remember that with FS rounds each shot costs over 50 cents, so I only use them if I've got plenty of time to load up and make the shot. Or I'll load one up during a lull in the fighting since you can just keep one ready to go in the chamber. I'll usually just have 2 tubes of FS rounds and the rest of the paint I have on me will be normal balls.

Most of the people I've hit with FS rounds don't even bother to take cover. They see me and are just standing out in the open since they know they're out of range. If I only carried normal paintballs, they'd be right. With FS round, they're finished.

Posted Image

Edited by The Inflicted, 10 May 2011 - 05:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users