• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 louiej15

louiej15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM

A bunch of my friends and I are planning a paintball trip up to PSI in Plattekill, NY. We usually play at NewBread in West Milford, NJ, but we're looking for a change of scenery. We're mostly from the city.

Is PSI worth the trip? Should we consider another field?

#2 Chris O

Chris O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:57 PM

I love this field! If you didnt know already, this is the first and longest running field in the world. They have awesome refs, and staff. Also be sure to check out Ring Homestead Camp in Middletown, they are an awesome field with great staff as well. I like New Breed, but if you want to learn some things and roll with more experienced players PSI and Ring are the places to be.
Bravo Squad Paintball/War Hounds Paintball
Sales Consultant, Bomber Paintball
Proudly Sponsored by Ninja Paintball, Bomber Paintball, Valken, 68Caliber.com, Chuggin Rhino, Paintball Sports Inc., and Ray's Paintball

#3 Bacon1498

Bacon1498

NEVER cook bacon naked.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:49 PM

Great place. I live like 5 minutes away lol and as -^^^^ said everyone's nice there and they have some prety sweet fields too.
Seriously, don't cook it naked....

Invert Mini, Rotor, Pro Axis. . . Things to get in the future: pants, techpb jersey, elbow pads, and a pump :D

#4 Hooked on Paintballing

Hooked on Paintballing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:19 PM

you very lucky Bacon, only living five mins away. I just checked the website. Field looks nice. prices are good and it byop.

#5 Sleven

Sleven

Sophomore Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:30 PM

Here is a small rundown/review of PSI (Paintball Sports Inc) in Plattekill NY. I have been to thisfield for the Gone in 60 Seconds scenario game as well as last Saturdayfor walk on games. The group I had gonewith and myself have our own equipment and had purchased a Zozi coupon for 10admissions for $100. If not for our Zozi coupon the regular cost of admissionand air would have been $25.00 and an additional $10 for rentals if we neededequipment. The basic rental includes a mask, eletro-marker, HPA tank, barrelcover and gravity feed hopper, there are additional cost to rent a pod pack(4.99) or chest protector (4.99) orpurchase jumpsuits (7.99) and Swabs (12.95). They also sell water Gatorades andsome snacks at their registration hut.

Pros

Great rental package fornewer players. Decent mask great markers (vibes and other electros), Highpressure tanks, only flaw would be hopper cause gravity feed. If you had aelectric hopper you would be able to shoot paint to your hearts content.

This field has setup dead zones in every field so that while you are not playing you can hide behind thenetted area and take off your mask, this is especially great when it is really hot.

This field has a large array of fields, hyper ball, speedball, forest woods ball, a open field with woodedcrates called the grinder, even a town where you have building where you can goupstairs.

The refs are very nice and very helpful.

Cons

$70 for field quality paintis a little expensive

$2 for a bottle of water is expensive

The walk from the parking lotto main staging area is an uphill hike and the Porta-Potties are along this uphill road.

Overall PSI is a great field to go to and definitelynewbie friendly, and can still be fun for the more advanced. Great fields andgood refs made my experience there great and I will definitely be going again.The total cost of the paintball experience is a little high here, and the concession stand is pricey as well, so bring your own water. But if your looking for anice place to play that wont beat up newer players, this would definitely be it.

Edited by Sleven, 30 May 2012 - 05:34 PM.

GEO 3 and BL Ripper http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=220270

Bob Long MVP http://www.techpb.co...71#entry3245977

UNDERTAKERS PAINTBALL INC.

www.undertakerspaintball.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users