105 replies to this topic

#1 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:48 AM

Since the Last thread just turned into a Discussion thread.. Why not just make 1!

Anything Q&A, perks, skills, etc... Ask it and if I can't answer it... Then either I have never tried that or, it doesn't exist..

#2 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:19 PM

The original Fallout games would be so much better without the damn turn based playing, it really annoys the shit out of me.
Fallout Tactics is a great example, they just need to get the awesome RPG elements in there.

#3 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:19 PM

The Story line for both Fallout and Fallout 2 are much better put together then the "newer" Fallouts.

#4 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:48 PM

Only part I really love about New Vegas or Fallout 3 is blowing people's brains out in slow motion, that never gets old.

#5 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:39 PM

Mister Sandman. :)

Nothing like being the Silent Executioner.

#6 schnips

schnips

Wicked Pissah Masshole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:42 PM

The only one I've played is Fallout 3. I thought it was pretty awesome, but what I didn't like was that after you beat the game you can't continue doing other quests (think of Oblivion).

Posted Image

What I have learned from the internet is nothing is safe.... Don't touch anything, don't eat anything and don't do anything.... EVERYTHING causes Cancer!

#7 Sallario

Sallario

Welsh and Proud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:01 PM

If you got the Broken Steel DLC it continued it.
Posted Image
Too often, we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that motherfucker upside the head

#8 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:51 PM

Hopefully the final DLC allows you to free roam after you finish the main storyline.

#9 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:50 AM

Did anyone ever find out what the "Bizarre Wasteland" perk does?
I always use it and everything seems normal post apocalyptic wasteland to me.

I hated the end of New Vegas when I couldn't continue to free roam after I looted all those awesome weapons from the Legion fellas.

#10 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:48 AM

"wild Wasteland perk" allows you to do a few extra things.

It's a "Raise of the Glass" to the older Fallout games, it allows for "random encounters" Such as the Freesides Roaming Gang of Grandmas.

and the Infamous "Holy Hand Grenades" That was in Fallout 2.

There are 14? Random Encounters that you don't see in the original game. The only Reason I don't play Wild Wasteland perk all the time is for the YCS Gauss Rifle... If I make a unarmed or Explosives character i Take that Trait.

#11 PeanutWing

PeanutWing

Sleepy Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:20 AM

Unarmed/Melee character

Beat the shit out of Deathclaws

With you're bare fists

#12 The_Economist

The_Economist

It's business time.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:36 AM

I like the Fallout games, I just wish they were more difficult. Even with the "hardcore" mode in New Vegas, it still doesn't feel like you are scratching out an existence in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. Ammo and food are everywhere, and combat becomes easy once you have gained a few levels.

#13 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:44 AM

Unarmed/Melee character

Beat the shit out of Deathclaws

With you're bare fists

Thats one thing I'm very happy they did in New Vegas is make Melee/unarmed MUCH stronger in this game.

I almost Feel like Frank Horrigan, Using paralyzing palm, then Smashing them with "Oh, Baby!" is just amazing feeling. :wub:

#14 PeanutWing

PeanutWing

Sleepy Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:18 AM

"This Deathclaw is going to eat me!"

"Not if I go Mike Tyson on his ass and bite his ear off."

.... Blind Deathclaw's head is crippled....

And now we laugh as it stumbles around, no longer able to hear your anus clench....

#15 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:47 PM

haha...

Nothing like giving a Death Claw an Enema with it's own hand... or one of its cousins hands.

#16 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:31 PM

I like the Fallout games, I just wish they were more difficult. Even with the "hardcore" mode in New Vegas, it still doesn't feel like you are scratching out an existence in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. Ammo and food are everywhere, and combat becomes easy once you have gained a few levels.

I too think this way, but remember "the Great War" Wiped out Nearly 90% of the population... and if the Human growth rate stayed the same until 2077, then we'd have enormous population before the nukes fell, also if "pre-fallout America" Stayed the same Retro-1950's, then there would not be NEARLY the "Weapons Control" we see now days, they would of been plentiful EVERY where.. Same with Food, though I wonder how the food doesn't become "unconsumable" but remember that Nuka-Cola Quantum has Isotopes so if during the prelude to the "Resource War" maybe there FDA allowed Nuclear Consumption, making bacteria in the food sterile to grow.

What makes me go "Really?" are all the "Very Easy" Computers, and lock that are still "locked" when there are signs of Human interaction in that area for decades.. Someone would have eventually figured it out.... but when I start thinking to Hard I remember... It's just a game, not reality.

Edited by Panda Man, 31 May 2011 - 01:35 PM.

#17 Tizzy

Tizzy

All posts below mine require a piece of paper w/ name/date!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:24 AM

What were some of your more favorite perks to New Vegas, some reason I like small guns, Made killing things so much easier/faster, although I did recognize that hitting someone with a lead pipe or bat did pretty good damage as well, and didn't consume ammo lol. The sludge drenched sledgehammer was almost a 1 hit kill every time, 3 at the most.
Avalon's Fury

Posted Image

What do you mean physically damaged? And would I sent the tank in?

if you hit it with a hammer, dragged it behind the car, threw it at a tree, etc...

#18 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:31 PM

My Favorite perks kinda are set with each other.

Example: Plasma Spaz + Melt Down = fun times

Travel light + Toughness = Fast moving with leather skin.

Slayer + Super Slam(and sometimes paralyzing palm) = Unstoppable Melee attacker

To help with your Characters, you need to "synergize" your perks together for optimal use..

After I complete my "Laser Turtle" I'm going to be Creating a Grenadier. Shotguns and Explosives :tup:

#19 Maj Tom

Maj Tom

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:35 PM

I can't wait for Old World Blues. The old world tech and backstory is my favorite part of the Fallout experience.

#20 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:42 AM

So after i played trough the game for the 2nd time(this time going the Legion's way and not Mr. house's) I am going back to an old "hobby" if you like.

God mode and shoot everyone and everything I see. Priceless.

#21 PB PUNISHER

PB PUNISHER

Double G Photography

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:35 PM

haha hasanyone ever made a complete melee guy before? Its awesome haha. Like no gun skills just run around with sledgehammers and pipes lol and kill everyone with 1 or 2 hits haha

You know, when someone gets a heart attack on the field and someone yells, "Does he have a Pulse?!"
And you reply, "Nope Halo"

Double G Photography Facebook Page
MY MOD APPLICATION! :) Flickr Page

#22 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:40 PM

you don't need god mode to floor everyone. Just need a Sniper Rifle/YCS, Assault Rifle/Plasma Rifle, and a Shotgun/Q-35 Modulator. Just need those 3 things, and you can walk around blastin people for the hell of it... Keep your NPC merchants alive though...

#23 Maj Tom

Maj Tom

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:19 PM

haha hasanyone ever made a complete melee guy before? Its awesome haha. Like no gun skills just run around with sledgehammers and pipes lol and kill everyone with 1 or 2 hits haha

I do that after I max a character out. Find the weapons opposed to their skills and have some fun.

#24 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:45 PM

I've Made almost Every character class I can think of.. I am now integrating Styles together. Energy Weapons mixed with Explosives... Guns Mixed with Unarmed, Smooth Talking Stealth Assassins...

Funnest Class I've made so far was my "infiltrator" planting C-4 Deep in Camp Golf/The Fort. It's difficult, your Sneak has to be WAYYY up there and you have to be wearing "light Versions" of the Factions armor, usually you can sneak past the front guards pretty easy, just have to worry about turrets and Dogs really... Plant your C4/mines near Busy pathways/Tents/Barracks Sneak away to a safe location and "BOOM!" and if you do this at night you after the Dust Settles you can sneak back into the Factions Tents/Barracks and Start Assassinating everyone with the Mister Sandman Perk... and if you are Caught just sneak away till your [HIDDEN] Again, Set up at a decent "look" point and Either grab a Rocket Laucher or a Grenade Machine Gun and just mortar the town into Splattered piles of meat and bone.

#25 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:35 AM

Fallout: New Vegas – Legion Unarmed/Praetorian.

Perks: Heavy Handed, Good Natured

*I took Good Natured over the Rest due to I'm only relying on 1 form of Combat, which is unarmed, I will "explore" some Explosions later on I gain much more from good natured then loose anything.

· Strength: 8

· Perception: 5

· Endurance: 6

· Charisma: 1

· Intelligence: 7

· Agility: 7

· Luck: 6

Level 1: Tag! X3 (Unarmed, Barter, Medicine)*I Tag these 3 for the Fact, that you need to get the most out of Stim Packs Early on, Barter to Help Sell your Gear better, and the price of Stims are lower.

Level 2: Intense Training (Strength +1): There are really no good perks for a level 2 Unarmed Character, but adding 1 to Strength will (*Skill Points): Medicine, Unarmed, Barter. Add to your needs. If your Character is getting beat up to Fast, add more to medicine, if you are having trouble Taking down larger "game" add all of them to Unarmed.)

Level 4: Educated: This is a No Brainer. It gives you +2 To your Skill points every time you level. This should be taken before level 10. Due to the fact your losing Skill points, there are really no good perks at level 4 for Melee. (*Skill Points): Unarmed, Lockpick, Science. Unless your going to max out your Unarmed right away, you really need to start dumping more points into "passive" Skills, being just a few points away from unlocking a terminal or lock is just sheer annoying.. especially when your 3 or fewer away from unlocking it.)

Level 6: Bloody mess/Toughness: This is a tough Decision. If you already have Love/Hate spiked Knuckles, Take Toughness This will help when you encounter VERY large "game" such as Cazadors, toughness personally I would Take both "ranks" of Toughness before bloodymess, I would save bloodymess when the +5% Damage will really be noticed(ie: Ballistic Fist) (*Skill Points): Repair, repair, REPRAIR. It's time to start putting some points into this Skill now, your beginning to Actually have a "set up" at this point instead of just wearing something till it breaks. Unless your suicidal.. in which consult a psychologist, or Councilor)

Level 8: Stonewall: Damn do I love Bugs sometimes… Stonewall won't give you just +5 DT against Melee/unarmed. Due to a bug in the programming, it will give you +5 DT FOR ALL ATTACKS! Adding this to toughness, even wearing Light Armor your DT will be starting to come close to that of Combat Armor!<you have to be using melee/unarmed to gain this bug> (*Skill points): Unarmed! Make sure you're at 70 before level 12!

Level 10: Nerd Rage!: This perk is a little under rated. For Melee/Unarmed you sometimes get "rushed" and your Health Drops faster then you notice and your Dead before you even know it. This will help you giving you that "3 second buffer" before you die, to apply stims or Eat food/Drink. For me, I will actually purposely wander around at 25% Health for the Fact that this perk will kick in VERY Fast and as long as you have stims hot keyed you can Be a walking Tank. This perk is deffinetly one of the "under rated" perks in the game. ALL Melee/Unarmed should Heavily consider this, especially if your working on a Light Armor Assassin. (*Skill points): Make sure your hovering around 70 before level 12, and Make sure your Repair is around 60ish as well, Jury Rigging is coming Fast.

Level 12: Piercing Strike: High Majority of ALL Enemies in the game have a lower base value of DT 15. This will allow you to basically give you the power of a deathclaw and just smash fools into dust. This is a must for ANY Melee Attacker unless your upsets with Chainsaws or the Thermic Lance. (*Skill points): At this point, you know where your hurting, and where you might be.. "over the top" I would Stop putting Skill points into Unarmed if you're at 75. There is no need to "jack it up" any more. I would suggest Repair, Jury rigging is coming Faster than you think and you need your Repair at 90!

Level 14: Jury Rigging: FINALLY! This is one of my personal favorite perks. It allows you to repair items from Basic garbadge items, you don't know how much money/caps you save from this perk, EVERY character unless your fighting with your bare hands should have this perk. (*Skill points): Right now, you don't need to focus on any "upcoming" perks Slayer will be the next one, and if your already at 75, you can just simply pour all your skill points at level 24 into this perk I'd focus all your points into Speech, Barter, Lockpick, Science at this point.. unless your looking to hybrid your character, in which I wouldn't worry about till much later. Focus on getting the points you need now.

Level 16: Action Boy/Girl, Tag!, Better Criticals: this is where you make Sacrifices.. Do you use VATS a lot? Do you really want to raise a Certain Skill up like Lockpick or Science? Or instead of taking Nerd Rage! Did you take finesse? This is the level to where you really start to show how your playing style.. if your wanting to Score ungodly Criticals then take Better Criticals, a Critical Hit with a Ballistic Fist with a Unarmed Skill of 100, and a strength of 10.. you can damn near Take down Death Claws with one Critical hit with Better Criticals. If you have been neglecting certain Skills such as Barter or Speech or even Sneak(if you choose to be more Stealthy) Tag! will pretty much give you an "extra level" worth of Skill points without leveling. I would only Take Tag! if a VERY important Mission Deals with a certain Skill such as speech and you "really need it". With Action Boy/Girl… This is where it gets a little iffy for me. When I use Guns/Energy or Explosives I use VATS a lot of the time, and with Melee/unarmed I barely use it I'd rather just fist fight my Enemy then go into VATS and waste my time, Unless I'm taking on a big enemy in which VATS will actually change the location of where you're fighting and enemies will sometimes completely miss you. It happens more often with Death Claws or enemies that "leap" at you.(*Skill points): Wherever your under 50 that helps your Character. You know what you need. That "Very Hard" Lock annoying you? Getting only 5 Caps for a Anti-Material Rifle? You know where your Character is weak… now is the best time to Fix these "problems" and I will no longer advise your skill points.

Level 18: Paralyzing Palm: This is a VATS Attack, Remember that. While Parlyzing Palm is VERY useful you get a 30% chance of paralyzing a target this is EXTREMLY useful when dealing with Death Claws, Cazadors. A 30sec. Knock out is basically signing any ones Death Warrant. ****CAUTION! Remember a paralyzed enemy is not a dead enemy! keep track if its dead or "asleep"****

Level 20: Players Choice: At level 20, there are some new "enticing" perks, but be focused. DO NOT! Waste your precious perk. Explorer is absolute Crap, That should be "an option" at level 8. Not level 20 when majority of the map is already "revealed". Grim Reapers Sprit is extremely water downed from Fallout 3. It only gives back 20 AP. Where 1 Strike from a Ballistic Fist alone is 28 AP This can "prolong" VATS attacks but eventually you'll run out. Unless your Strictly a VATS Character I would advise not getting Grim Reapers Spirit. Solar powered is also another perk that's "enticing" but when it boils down to it, the extra Strength is not needed, and you only get 13HP for waiting 1hr. With Ninja remember the "multiplier" got jacked. Instead of giving you 15% extra it gives you 1.15 which killed this perk If your stacking the Critical % up, Ninja will give you a little "extra" but not worth pouring all the Skill points it requires.. Unless your die hard for this perk, Don't take it. Focus your time on skills that have been over looked, such as Finesse, 2nd Rank for Toughness, Bloody Mess, Tag!, Purifier, Better Criticals, Long Haul, Life Giver, or if your Hybriding your Character look into other perks, such as Explosives Expert etc..

Level 22: Players Choice: Again, There is no level 22 perks that will Help you in combat. As like level 20, just gain a perk you have over looked. Now is a good time to get that 2nd level of toughness, Bloody mess, or Finesse if your concentrating on Critical Hit player.(*Skill points): Remember when I said just keep your Unarmed at 75? Well now Is the time to up your skill points in unarmed to 90! And stop at 90. You will find books, and such to raise your unarmed to 100, don't worry

Level 24: Slayer!: Fucking SLAYER!!! Finally! After much waiting my favorite skill for Melee/Unarmed Characters. This will cause all your attacks to swing 30% Faster, you will notice it right away, if your attacking a Group of enemies, Starting off with a running Legion Assault will most likely kill the first enemy, and your fallow through will be faster, so you can go chuck Norris on there ass and cut them down in no time. *NOTE: This will not lower your AP cost. If it did, you might as well be called "Wasteland God" at this point.

Level 26: Players Choice: Yes Nerves of Steel is Available, but again unless your making almost a "pure" VATS Unarmed Combatant, I would Really look into other skills that you have missed. Nerves of Steel isn't bad, but for my "fighting" style, I rarely use VATS when it comes to close combat.. This is another good time to "rank up" other skills like toughness, Explosives expert. Etc..

Level 28: Players Choice, again: Rad Absorption is again nerfed from Fallout 3. You only "absorb" 6 Rads every 1hr of waiting, this is highly water downed. Making this skill confusing of why it is given at level 28 instead of Boosting Rad Childs effects and offering it at 28 instead. *Note: You should pretty set on what you're doing… most Quests are most likely done, your probably already Factioned up, and now it's just time to wander around and Crushing anything in your path.. I won't beat a Dead horse and say "rank up toughness! Durka dur!" Mercy(Grenade Machine Gun) sounds Very enticing right now doesn't it!

Level 30: Pick a perk, any perk! Just remember… its your last one!!!!: This is your Last perk you will recive go over your character with a fine tooth comb.. make sure you can take Blows from Death claws and just sit there laughing, Maybe add a perk that you wouldn't normally take like Travel Light or Splash Damage.

Congratulations!

You have just completed a Unarmed Character! This is my personal character I use in Vegas(Phelix). I barely use VATS and I think I only use it on Death Claws, and super mutants.

Remember, NOT TO ENGAGE ANY LEGION Until you are given Legion assault.. and be at least "mixed" with the NCR for Ranger Take down, and play nice with the Khans so that you can gain "Khan Trick" using a Ballistic Fist with Khan Trick is just pure awesome ness, its like Throwing a shotgun round at full speed!

Recommended implants right away:

Strength Implant. Your Strength will now be at 10! If you fallow my SPECIAL (Hells yeah!)

NEMEAN Sub-Dermal Armor: ads +4 to DT. With Stonewall, Both toughness ranks, your character will rock a +15DT WITH NO ARMOR!

Wearing a Vault 34 Security Armor, your Character will have a Base DT of 31! That's equivilant to Wearing a Full Suit of Remnants power armor! But you will fly around much faster in light Armor then Heavy making any and ALL +DT additives a "must goal" for any melee/unarmed attacker. Wearing a Full Suit of Remnants Armor will cause you to have a +51 DT! That is absolutely insane. You can literally laugh as bullets just bounce right off you!! **REMEMBER KIDDIES!** Death Claws Ignore ALL DT! So don't get all suited up in power armor when your Facing these fucking Chameleons! That's Why I enjoy Wearing Legion Centurion(18 DT) giving me 30+DT. When Wearing something outside 1st recon Beret.

Phelix Level 30(perks are already shown, and "telling" my Skills is redundant, I'm only Shy of a few "maxed" out Skills.)

Helmet/Hat: 1st Recon Beret

Glasses: Lucky Shades

Armor: Factionless: Vault 34 Security Armor (Soon will be Assassin Suit)
Faction: Legion Centurion
OH SHIT! Moment!: Remnants Power Armor

Weapon(s): Ballistic Fist
Paladin Toaster
Pushy!

Hold out Weapon: Love & Hate

Followers: Rex & Lilly

I will Add many more Characters later! Any questions PM me!

#26 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:22 AM

Fallout New Vegas: Mercenary/Assassin
=========================================

Faction: Mr. House/Wild Card
------------------------------------------------------------------

Traits: Fast Shot, Small Frame.

Unlike my last Build I’m going to Dive right into this one, This Character works either alone or with Boone(keep him passive) and ED-E or if you’re looking to use stealth boys Lilly(+200% Stealth Boy duration). This Character also works best at night where there is smaller chance of detection.

S: 7

P: 6

E: 5

C: 2

I: 6

A: 8(Small frame +1, Agility implant to make 10)

Luck: 6

Level 1(Tag! x3): Guns, Sneak, Repair

Level 2: Rapid Reload

Level 4: Educated or Comprehension

Level 6: Hand Loader or Travel Light(if you hate walking)

Level 8: Quick Draw or commando(if your VATS player, I’d Take quick Draw first, due to it will Help you Sneak around the “map” a lot easier, have your Weapon holstered and sneaking around and when you spot someone, you can “get the Drop” on them much easier)

Level 10: Finesse or Math Wrath

Level 12: Silent Running (if you are open Sight sniper) or Sniper(for VATS style Sniper) Though for This sort of “build” Silent Running has much more “effectiveness” then Sniper does.

Level 14: Jury Rigging

Level 16: Better Criticals

Level 18: Tag!(if you want to boost a skill) or Action Boy/Girl(*Remember*): Action boy only gives 10, not 15, so only take this perk if you’re a few points shy of taking that next shot with the Sniper rifle, or Anti-Material Rifle.)

Level 20: Grim Reapers Spirit(if you’re a VATS Style player) or Weapon Handling if your using the Anti-Material Rifle(plus remember to get the Strength implant to raise your Strength to 8)

Level 22: Sniper, Finesse, Math Wrath, Silent Running, Grim Reapers Spirit, Weapons Handling, Action Boy, Tag!, Toughness, Light Step, Commando, Quick Draw, Shotgun Surgeon(**Riot Shotgun/Dinner Bell should be available, This will tremendously Help you if someone sneaks up on you or you are getting over ran**)

Level 24: Sniper, Finesse, Math Wrath, Silent Running, Grim Reapers Spirit, Weapons Handling, Action Boy, Tag!, Toughness, Light Step, Commando, Quick Draw, Shotgun Surgeon*, Travel Light

Level 26: Nerves of Steel(it will help you Regain AP much faster for when you need to take down multiple targets down in a short Time frame, or you can start your “sniping” with VATS, and then when your AP is drained, you can switch to open Sight and wait for your AP to Replenish and Start another Series of Sniping) This “combo” works Really Well with Grim Reapers Spirit and the Sniper rifle(suppressed) since it only Costs 27 AP, and if you can get 1 hit kills you can “silence” many Targets before they even know where to look. With the Gobi only using 24, using This Rifle from Far away, you can VATS attack much larger targets, and when its drained continue to put down fire till your AP is Replenished and keep Cycling through these motions till Targets are Eliminated.

Level 28: Sniper, Finesse, Math Wrath, Silent Running, Grim Reapers Spirit, Weapons Handling, Action Boy, Tag!, Toughness, Light Step, Commando, Quick Draw, Shotgun Surgeon*, Travel Light

Level 30: Sniper, Finesse, Math Wrath, Silent Running, Grim Reapers Spirit, Weapons Handling, Action Boy, Tag!, Toughness, Light Step, Commando, Quick Draw, Shotgun Surgeon*, Travel Light

==================================================================================

This Character is highly effective if you have “patience” and do volleys of Shots, and Sneak away and Hide, then return to put down more Firepower. Also, keep in mind that you’re going to want to stay as light as possible, you will move much faster if your under 100lbs(with 10 points in Agility, and Travel Light you can run around Really fast). Only keep your Primary Sniper Rifle on you and 1 other Close Quarters firearm such as the Riot Shotgun, Light Machine Gun, All-American, This Machine, 12.7mm Submachine gun.

*: if you don’t plan on carrying a shotgun, then do not take shotgun surgeon… that’s a no brainer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What to wear!

Armor: Assassin Suit (if available) or Chinese Stealth Suit. Remember that Recon Armor is a Medium Armor, and it will slow you down a bit.

Glasses: Lucky Shades

Hat/Helmet: 1st Recon Beret(you can wear this with the Chinese Stealth Suit)

Weapons: Anti-Material Rifle(Death Claw/Super Mutant hunting, have your followers Carry this until you need it to save weight), fully upgraded Sniper rifle(This is always an awesome Choice), Gobi Sniper rifle(this is a toss-up, if you want more damage but less stealth use this weapon) Riot Shotgun, Light Machine gun(This is best used for lightly Armored enemies, good for Urban combat, not so great for “open Assaulting” , This Machine(Uses .308 so for hardcore mode this teams up well with Sniper rifle) 12.7mm Submachine gun(much better choice then the light machine gun, for obvious reasons, you can put a silencer on it!) All-American.

What my Character uses “Desert Fox” is just the Silenced 12.7mm Submachine gun, and a fully upgraded Sniper Rifle, and I have Boone Carry My Anti-Material Rifle(He carries one for me and him, but I set his “attacking” to passive so he is not shooting at the first thing he sees)

Ending notes.

This Character is a lot of fun to roam around with, if you want to take a break from “slashing and smashing” style of play. It is difficult at the start, and you may want to “quit” with this character soon, but just be patient. It gets extremely fun to harass NCR/Legion/Fiend troops with. Once get around Level 18+ you really start to see this Character shine when you got a High powered sniper rifle, and a really good urban weapon. You can go anywhere and do anything without a peep.

#27 the.cheese

the.cheese

Join the cheese army

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:32 AM

when you have 200 years to recover these things are found easy
it seems that EVERY gun these days shoots ropes, money, tits, lasers, etc....put this in your sig if yours still shoots the other team...

Why does TechPB attempt to solve all problems with shitting on stuff? Hahahaha.

#28 OMGPaintball

OMGPaintball

Navy Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:31 AM

Did any of you guys like dead money? Cause I didn't think it was too great, but the way you have to kill the ghosts is pretty cool.

#29 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:07 AM

Dead Money to me was just another way to grab Unique items, I didn't really care much for the playing. The Storyline wasn't to bad, I think it was rushed when they made it.

But wearing the Assassin Suit with the Ranger Combat Helmet carrying either the 12.7mm Submachine gun, or the Assault Carbine makes you look like one of the "Commandos" from the first Resident Evil. :wub:

#30 Maj Tom

Maj Tom

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:35 PM

Just played through Dead Money again to unlock the ability to redeem vouchers. Honestly I didn't enjoy it either the first or second time.

#31 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:32 PM

Dead money did give you a few good perks. "and Stay back!" & "Light Touch". Makes for a better reason to travel in light Armor, especially in Hardcore mode.

And with honest Hearts, you get one of the best perks "Grunt" which for whenever I make a "gun" class player my primary weapon for everything is the All-American. Also, Tribal wisdom isn't too bad either and if you have 100% completed "Aba daba honymoon" quest fully you should already have the 70 Survival skill needed.

Edit: The "high tech Assassin suit" in old world blue will be much like the Medic Power Armor in Fallout 3, but instead of Med-X it will distribute Stim packs. :D

Edited by Panda Man, 22 June 2011 - 01:48 PM.

#32 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

anyone still playing Vegas or fallout 3?

#33 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

I do every now and then
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#34 aj619

aj619

Yes I am not very creative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

I still play and I recently got fallout 3 game of the year edition so I have a ton of new content.

Yes I'm cheap enough to wait and get it at $14

aj.png

I don't give a shit about the forums.

#35 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

I still played New Vegas almost religiously until I let my buddy borrow it, I miss it so much.

#36 paintballer4ever

paintballer4ever

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

Going to start fallout 3 on the PS3 soon and I still need to play the DLC and try out some of the mods for New Vegas on the PC.

#37 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

Playing 3 now

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#38 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

anyone excited for New Vegas 2?

#39 paintballer4ever

paintballer4ever

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

New Vegas 2? Wouldn't count on it...

#40 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

Heard it's going to be called Fallout 4, and it may take place around the Maryland area, having to do with The Institute, mentioned in Fallout 3.

#41 paintballer4ever

paintballer4ever

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

Yeah supposedly there has been devs doing research in Boston and the "institute" is the real life MIT

#42 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

Well they did say "Wasn't the Mojave a fun place to explore?"

So they could be developing both games and just releasing them a year apart.

#43 paintballer4ever

paintballer4ever

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

Eh its still an extreme longshot Fallout 4 is at least a year and a half out and New Vegas would probably be a couple years after that if they did do a New Vegas sequel/

#44 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

two different software developers though.

You had Bethesda do Fallout 3, and Obsidian do Vegas.

They can do two games at once. ;)

#45 paintballer4ever

paintballer4ever

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

Even if thats the case its still a good 3 or 4 years away I would guess.

#46 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

i just want to know the Fate of the Legion. :P

or the canon version of the ending, Courier take the dam, Mr. House? Legion win NCR.... ?

#47 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:49 AM

Obsidian needs to gtfo with fallout games. They really destroyed nv.

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#48 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

They were under a very very strict time deadline.

There was suppose to be a Legion town you could visit, to kind of show the player what Vegas would really look at if The Legion took the Dam. It wasn't built into a giant army with slaves but it had real people doing normal shit.

#49 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

They were under a very very strict time deadline.

There was suppose to be a Legion town you could visit, to kind of show the player what Vegas would really look at if The Legion took the Dam. It wasn't built into a giant army with slaves but it had real people doing normal shit.

There is a Legion town you can go to if you decided to

SPOILER ALERT
Spoiler

But there was so much more they planned on doing with New Vegas, it it really is a shame.

#50 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

Time Deadlines and budget constraints for Skyrim killed what potentially was an incredible game.

I know the Khans were suppose to have a bigger role, the Powder Gangers were pieced together, Legion had much more back story and interaction, The Brotherhood of Steel was suppose to have more of an impact at the end of the game.

plus they designed and located all the NCR first is why their presence looks so fast while The Legion looked so tiny, when in Fact when the battle at the Dam broke out Lanius had I think 6 Cohorts under his Command, that would of been a sizable force. I think the Canon version had 2200 NCE and 2050 or 2250 Legion can't remember. Thats like a small city all of a sudden breaking out into chaos over a tiny strip of land. Things would of been much more chaotic then the game lead on to.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users