• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#51 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

Time Deadlines and budget constraints for Skyrim killed what potentially was an incredible game.

I know the Khans were suppose to have a bigger role, the Powder Gangers were pieced together, Legion had much more back story and interaction, The Brotherhood of Steel was suppose to have more of an impact at the end of the game.

plus they designed and located all the NCR first is why their presence looks so fast while The Legion looked so tiny, when in Fact when the battle at the Dam broke out Lanius had I think 6 Cohorts under his Command, that would of been a sizable force. I think the Canon version had 2200 NCE and 2050 or 2250 Legion can't remember. Thats like a small city all of a sudden breaking out into chaos over a tiny strip of land. Things would of been much more chaotic then the game lead on to.

Yeah, the final battle for the dam was like 20v20 at the most. Not much of an all out war if you ask me. :lol:

#52 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

If they have to rush something and make it worse, just dont make it at all imo.

As for a fallout 4 they should almost reskin fo3 with a bit more custamization and a new story and bam. Amazing game.

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#53 paintballer4ever

paintballer4ever

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

New Vegas was a great game don't realize why people hate it so much, Fallout 3 was better in some aspects but New Vegas improved on other aspects in my opinion.

#54 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

Im with you there
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#55 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

I loved both games to death, and have done just about everything in each. But both games didn't live up to their potential, so I'm looking forward to Bethesda's second attempt, with all the time they need and hopefully the Skyrim engine. That would be the tits.

#56 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

Maybe its just me but it was not as humorous of a game and not nearly as immersive as fo3. When i first played fo3 i was scared as shit of the metros. Also hated running into raiders, but in nv i didnt get any of that with anything.

Also had more thoughts for fo4. They need to put more stealth in fo4, huge map, and the ability to go prone.

Think about it stiiting on top of a hill with a ghillie suit and taking out some enclave....

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#57 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

Maybe its just me but it was not as humorous of a game and not nearly as immersive as fo3. When i first played fo3 i was scared as shit of the metros. Also hated running into raiders, but in nv i didnt get any of that with anything.

Also had more thoughts for fo4. They need to put more stealth in fo4, huge map, and the ability to go prone.

Think about it stiiting on top of a hill with a ghillie suit and taking out some enclave....

That would be awesome. And I definitely agree with Fallout 3 having much more shens than NV. But I liked NV more in the fact that it was much harder. You could be level 50 and still get your ass handed to you if you weren't careful. In 3, if you got the Plasma Rifle you win the game.

#58 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

I just wish you could play as a Gen 1 Supermutant(The non-crazy kind) or a Ghoul Character and see how the wasteland treated you. B)

#59 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

I just wish you could play as a Gen 1 Supermutant(The non-crazy kind) or a Ghoul Character and see how the wasteland treated you. B)

Good point. They had different races and stuff in Skyrim, I'm interested to see what they do with Fallout 4.

But then again, anything other than human or ghoul would be kind of pointless. Gen 1 Super Mutants I believe only inhabit the west coast, and believe it or not the ones from California and DC have little to no relation whatsoever.

#60 canscom

canscom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

just give me better weapons customization I want to live my wildest gun fantasy's
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#61 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

It's the level of FEV they were exposed to.

The Master wanted a Race that was tougher than any human on the Battlefield but could still use logic and think for himself. Gen 2 Super Mutants were designed to simply do 2 things. take orders and kill.

#62 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

The Master wanted a Race that was tougher than any human on the Battlefield but could still use logic and think for himself. Gen 2 Super Mutants were designed to simply do 2 things. take orders and kill.

Not so much the level they were exposed to, but the FEV strains were very different. West coast mutant were exposed to the regular FEV virus, and the Vault 87 residents were exposed to the Evolutionary Experimentation Program (EEP), which was a highly modified FEV strain. The East and Wes cost mutant do not know that the other exists, and have never met each other.

#63 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

They need to put in the ability to make guns basicly... so if you find a certain type of bolt/stock/mag/sights/grips you could mod it that way. not just little stupid things like nv.

and i disagree with the nv being easeir than 3, i found nv to be almost to easy on hard.

Edited by XxJellyFilledxX, 02 February 2013 - 03:43 PM.

#64 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

Not so much the level they were exposed to, but the FEV strains were very different. West coast mutant were exposed to the regular FEV virus, and the Vault 87 residents were exposed to the Evolutionary Experimentation Program (EEP), which was a highly modified FEV strain. The East and Wes cost mutant do not know that the other exists, and have never met each other.

thats sounds right.

Frank Horrigan is an enclave version of the FEV.

#65 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

thats sounds right.

Frank Horrigan is an enclave version of the FEV.

Frank was a badass. Somebody actually modded him into New Vegas, and the results were awesome.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by PREDATOR 47, 03 February 2013 - 11:03 AM.

#66 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

I think he was made a little too "big" if they made him 3/4 of that Then that would of been an awesome scale version. He was around 12ft tall, and Lanius was 7ft tall, so if the photo if you put two them on top of each other Frank is still bigger.

But I would really like to see Frank make a guest appearance in Fallout 4.

#67 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

I think he was made a little too "big" if they made him 3/4 of that Then that would of been an awesome scale version. He was around 12ft tall, and Lanius was 7ft tall, so if the photo if you put two them on top of each other Frank is still bigger.

But I would really like to see Frank make a guest appearance in Fallout 4.

Wasn't he killed, though? And how would he make it across the country with the Enclave torn apart, not to mention the whole wasteland part. I think a 12 foot tall mutant with power armor is kinda noticeable, especially with Frank's way of doing things.

#68 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

not so much be "apart" of the game but make mention.

If Fallout 4 is at MIT, I would like to logs of West Coast Enclave senior officials(who made it out east and got into the institute) make mention of him from the Oil Rig, and possibly some wacko try to reproduce him in the institute.

Edited by Panda Man, 03 February 2013 - 11:48 AM.

#69 paintballer4ever

paintballer4ever

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

Starting Fallout 3 play through today, lets goooooo

#70 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

just got fallout 1 and 2, going to play those then go back and do all the fallout 3 and nv dlcs
fallout 3 was my first and i played it to death, but still have the sinking suspicion there is alot i missed. nv i still need to beat with house and solo.
http://www.techpb.co...1 - my feedback

http://ptab.it/CUC4 - for good feels

#71 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

oh man... Fallout 1 is going to be an eye opener to you... It sets all the shit that has happened in the other games(Except The Legion). It is very interesting where the 2 companies took the Factions though, The Great Khans were way different in the first ones.

#72 paintballer4ever

paintballer4ever

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:58 AM

Always have been interested in the back ground of fallout but im just not sure if I would enjoy the OG Fallouts or not?

#73 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:06 AM

^I thought the same thing, but I actually enjoy the orginal Fallouts Vs the new ones... It's a lot less "intense" some search and gather missions are boring, but the flow feels better, not so jumbled up.

#74 paintballer4ever

paintballer4ever

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:53 AM

They are really cheap might have to pick em up.. Above all though I need Fallout 4 ALREADY!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by paintballer4ever, 31 March 2013 - 01:54 AM.

#75 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:22 AM

Fallout 4 wont be here for awhile....

I'd give it another year or two.

#76 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

well i plan to play 1 and 2 at least for the canon, first game i have ever cared about the story line with, and ive gamed forever, then going to replay fallout 3 and finally get to do all the dlc content, then new vegas twice more and dlc content, hopefully that will tide me over till 4 comes out. may do new vegas before fo3 as well.

#77 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

fallout 1 intro got me dem geese baumps

i still wanna play a fallout in a vault that opened mega early, potentially having been a child pre war lol.

Edited by fatalll, 31 March 2013 - 03:03 PM.

#78 aj619

aj619

Yes I am not very creative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

I want fallout 4

Might play FO1, 2, 3, and new vegas to tide me over

aj.png

I don't give a shit about the forums.

#79 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

fallout 1 is my favorite out of all of them. Back when the BoS had there shit together.. And the super mutants were just begining to show up

#80 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

i would do some research before playing them, i have fo1 with no manual and expected at least a small tutorial on controls, i was sitting around wondering what do for awhile, and screen is very dark when you start, im going to play new vegas with panda's melee build for now and tinker with it later, and if panda has any more fun builds, i down is much.

also panda what is your take on that sciency build that you change when leaving starting area, kinda breaks character for me a bit, but this is the only game i have ever cared in the slightest about my character in :D so would probably still consider doing it.

Edited by fatalll, 31 March 2013 - 04:24 PM.

#81 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

like a medicine man?(Science/medicine) They work, but your going to have to mostly be a Hit and run character...

Sneak up, Take your very steady shots at key opponents(ones with rocket launchers, mini guns etc.), then when they discover you and begin to attack, star using your VATS to try to put down any suppressing fire down before you vacate the area, and in the process laying down a few mines to weaken them up before you spin on them and let em' take 2 too the head..

I wish I had more time to post, but I have been using this "Guerrilla" build for awhile and it's been fun as hell.

Works well in Fo3 but Really shines in FNV.

#82 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

and now i want to make a science sneak explosives :D thanks alot

#83 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

^now that is something that takes more patience then waiting for Armageddon.

Your focus should not be placed on a particular "Skill" Eventually your going to max them all out unless your intelligence is lower then 3.

Passive skills like Lockpick, barter, speech, Science, medicine will eventually get maxed out or come very close.

Focus your attention on your Style... You want a Silent player that guts people in their sleep, you want a "Nick Nitro" and vaporize the Wasteland or do you want to be more of the Passive style and let your companions do all the fighting.

#84 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

lasers is what i want, also companions is a giant part of fallout i have never explored, i had the super mutant and dog in fallout 3, once each, between my 30 odd characters, in new vegas i had rose and ed-e never did any of their story arcs, so thats another thing for me to do :D

#85 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

check out this..

Vault 106

This will help you map out your character much easier.

#86 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

lol im doing a complete dr who build ya hur
8 perception + 1 per hat + 4 eyes
9 int + implant
9 char + implant

#87 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

What DLC should I get next for NV? I already got Old World Blues and Dead Money.

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#88 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:03 AM

lonesome road

#89 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

fallout 4 come out already :(

#90 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

lonesome road

Lonesome Road, then Honest Hearts, in that order. Lonesome Road was REALLY good.

fallout 4 come out already :(

Seriously, I don't know how much longer I can wait.

#91 stefan_rj

stefan_rj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

I like Fallout. Other than it has some problems on my Windows 7...

#92 paintballer4ever

paintballer4ever

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:43 PM

Seriously does anyone know a fix for Fallout 3 for windows 7? Everything I have seen so far does not work :/

#93 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:46 PM

merry xmas.

#94 canscom

canscom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:59 PM

got Fallout 1,2 on steam time find a walkthrough

#95 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

Downloading Lonesome Road. Any tips or something that I should know?

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#96 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

Yes. Be Very careful of your surroundings... Marked men are pretty good shots and use very good weapons and if your not paying attention to your surroundings you will find yourself getting shot up.

and look up the Fallout NV wiki to make sure you get the gear you want. One of the best Armors in the game is in a strange spot(Elite Ranger Armor) I love weraing the Elite Ranger Armor with 1st Recon Beret and lucky shades. :D

#97 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

Just got the elite riot gear and the edecated achievement. Now, the cave of the abandoned...

Edited by 5ozofpain, 21 April 2013 - 12:44 PM.

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#98 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

make sure you get all the ED-E updates.

Withe ED-E Fully updated he is a hell of a companion even on Hardcore.

#99 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

I got them all

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#100 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

Nice, now if you have ED-E updated by the Followers he is like a mini death star.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users