#1 UV Halo

UV Halo

Bringing the Big Guns to LLVI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:09 PM

Background:
Once the Tiberius Arms First Strike Rounds came out, I knew I wanted to build a functional 'sniper' rifle. Meaning no extra fluff, just pure headshot business. I thought my final primary marker would be the T9.0 but, I found it wanting as I began to tire of having to disconnect the airline just to change mags.

Enter the 9.1 with it's remote line ready ASA. Then Tiberius Arms upped the ante with the LAPCO manufactured Rifled Barrel. Now, I'm not going to try to say that the Rifled barrel is a substantial improvement over a good smoothbore barrel (i.e. LAPCO or Flasc) but, to my unaided eye, I can say it looks at least as good. I'll hold final judgment until someone can do some well-documented performance testing.

So, I ordered one, and began putting my own 'personal' touches to it. I was really crunched for time as I wanted to have it ready for a LL4 unveil. Nothing too fancy or exotic (like the woodstalker Ion, in my sig) but, I'll go over that towards the end of this post. For those who didn't see it at LL4:

The Pics:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Specs:
  • Tiberius Arms T9.1 Ranger
  • Tiberius Arms (LAPCO) Rifled Barrel
  • Polished Air Chamber
  • Polished Firing Bolt
  • Polished Firing Pin
  • Filled in body holes.
  • Custom Magazine Window
  • Custom Suppressor (it's built similarly to the SP-8 Stealth Shroud)
  • Modified Tiberius Arms FSR Adjustable Riser (Length Cut down)
  • Lucid HD7 Multi-Reticle Dot Sight with 2x Magnifier
  • Quick Disconnect Sling Mount
  • Blackhawk Universal Swift Sling (3-Pt)
  • UTG Rail Covers (Bottom ones not shown in pics)
  • Custom Four Color Duracoat Camo Pattern (Dark Green to Light Green Fades with Tan-Dark Brown Digital shapes)
The Paintjob:
Generally, this was an improvement over my Woodstalker Ion. I picked better green shades and, brown shades as the ones I used previously really weren't different enough to get the shading I wanted. The theory behind it is that in natural scenes greens rarely fade to browns (like one sees in Omnipat or, Multicam patterns). Instead, I've noticed that browns fade to tans, and Dark Greens into light greens. Also, the greens I picked are satin/semi-gloss finishes while the browns are ultra-flats. This is intended to simulate the shining effect of leaves over flat dirt and branch features. I took some pics of the suppressor (I don't feel comfortable walking with the entire gun down the street to the park) in some outdoor environments to get an idea how the colors matched up.

This pic really shows how well the greens match the vegetation at the edge of a woodline. The tans also match the dead material.

Posted Image

This pic shows how the tans match up with the earth. It also shows something unavoidable with 2D camo patterns- unnatural (straight-horizontal) shadows draw the eye. This is why I added the netting, which is easily removable.

Posted Image

Living Legends 4 was it's debut and it performed well. The suppressor's an interesting thing. To me, while shooting it, it still sounds surprisingly loud. However in game, I received several unsolicited comments on how quiet it was. More importantly, I fired four spaced shots at Blue's Crew while I was only lying in the roadside grass, and from 40yards away, they couldn't locate me until I fired a fifth shot while they were looking right at me.

Issue and Solution: Barrel Jams- after 80-100 of these rounds, I would get a barrel jam that wouldn't clear unless I took a 5/8 dowel and pushed the round/s through manually. Solution: Run a pull through squeegie through it halfway through the day (about every 60-80 rounds), and you're good.

Finally, here it is in action at LL4:

Posted Image

EDIT: Issue and Solution

Edited by UV Halo, 06 June 2012 - 09:51 AM.

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,883 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:21 PM

:tup:

So you modded the fore-grip to be part of the suppressor?

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#3 UV Halo

UV Halo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:22 PM

Thanks. That is correct.

#4 invAZNz

invAZNz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:22 PM

That is a work of art. You have done it again, nice job!
Boom, crush. Night, losers. Winning, duh.
-Charlie Sheen

#5 sameagol26

sameagol26

I am BTDeltafan101

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:29 PM

Wow, such a great looking marker! Love it man.
Posted Image
My Youtube Channel --> BTDeltafan101

#6 Uncle Eggos

Uncle Eggos

"Gosh Dangit the Skitters"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:46 PM

Awesome :tup:

I saw all the pictures on paintballphotography from living legends and I was trying to figure out who it was

Jesus, it's like someone shat in to a Kid Cuisine box after they went to Taco Bell for some fourth meal, god, and people EAT that.

Live in or visiting the Carolina's? Check out Paintball Central.
Posted Image

#7 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,883 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:47 PM

Do you think you could show us how you integrated the suppressor?

Fear is the mind-killer

#8 Vaellis

Vaellis

Just call your boy and we'll get luxed together

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,326 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:16 AM

That thing is freaking amazing! The only thing I would do to it personally is put on a A tank/stock combo stock thng and a tiberius arms bipod and mabye a foregrip like one that came on the ranger not the trigger frame. Otherwise it's awesome, your shooting first strikes right?

Edited by Vaellis, 31 May 2011 - 06:17 AM.

I love when people can't pronounce my user name. ninja 50/45
Posted Image

#9 UV Halo

UV Halo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:42 PM

Thanks for all the positive comments everybody!

Do you think you could show us how you integrated the suppressor?

Unfortunately, I won't share design details over the internet as I don't want the internals adapted for other purposes. I'll go over it with folks I meet in person but, that's about it.

That thing is freaking amazing! The only thing I would do to it personally is put on a A tank/stock combo stock thng and a tiberius arms bipod and mabye a foregrip like one that came on the ranger not the trigger frame. Otherwise it's awesome, your shooting first strikes right?

Thanks! For all of last year, and so far this year, on only two occasions have I shot regular paintballs. both of them were pump-only events (a local scenario, and the Friday night pump games at LL4). First Strikes are more fun, and more cost effective for my style of play..

I strongly considered running the tank/stock combo but, I live too long in scenarios and I will either be shooting deep into the tank (suffering from a drop in FPS) or, running out of air altogether. I've also been running remote long enough (since the mid 90s) that I really don't feel any inconvenience from having a 45/4.5k on my back.

I think a lot of others like vert foregrips or even the Magpul "Angled Foregrips" but, for myself, those are more along the lines of "Tacti-Cool" vs Practical. They're really good if you need to control the barrel under recoil conditions. Other people just like them. I wouldn't get a bipod for similar reasons- extra weight and overkill for stabilizing the gun (I get by perfectly fine by using my elbows when prone).

On the other hand, Poorballer asked me to use him as a bunker and 'Afghan' bipod at LL4. Unfortunately, there weren't really any targets to engage, so I can't comment on how well that would've worked :P

Edited by UV Halo, 11 June 2011 - 04:33 PM.

#10 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:32 PM

I was trying to figure out how to make a suppressor similar for my trracer.

Too bad I don't know you lol, I'm really curious now....

#11 sameagol26

sameagol26

I am BTDeltafan101

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:42 PM

Yah I kind of want to see a shooting video for this bad boy!
Posted Image
My Youtube Channel --> BTDeltafan101

#12 EricCartman

EricCartman

Senior Member-LL4 Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:27 PM

where did you get the 45 elbow?
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I hit you over the head with until you realize that I'm in command."-Serenity
Posted Image
My clubs Valken Users Club Steelie Club

#13 UV Halo

UV Halo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:34 PM

I got mine at a local shop (a long time ago) but, you can get one from Rockstar Tactical (product)

A shame that a lot of the bigger places are no longer stocking them.

#14 deathwishzer0

deathwishzer0

Savage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:47 PM

how far do you sight your optic in, for your field.
BUDDY LUH'

#15 UV Halo

UV Halo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:34 PM

how far do you sight your optic in, for your field.

My approach is to zero for a range that causes me to hit a xx target without adjusting my point of aim (i.e. shooting high/low). That distance works out to XXyards.

Edit: I am concealing my techniques and tactics

Edited by UV Halo, 08 September 2011 - 08:57 PM.

#16 chadders

chadders

brb getting more tea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:10 AM

uv, would you say your suppressor could be done on an 8.1?(i don't mind doing a lot of work)
uk field list http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=122343 (work in progress) [Yankee Paintball] Mine's a little bigger then cute
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=146647 my mod app, help me help you(if you want if not then have a good day)

bit its a karnivor... only way to make it look good is to cut it up, lol

win

#17 UV Halo

UV Halo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:03 PM

uv, would you say your suppressor could be done on an 8.1?(i don't mind doing a lot of work)

The you'd need the 9.1 foreshroud and, the Tiberius Rifled Barrel to start. I won't say anything more than that.

#18 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:59 PM

then angled fore grip from magpul is intended to help stabilize an assault rifle for long range shooting... where as the vert fore grip is designed for CQB... its more ergonomic on a real right and serves no purpose in paintball other then looks... great looking project gun....

Afghani is the currency in Afghanistan... i you were referting to using a human as a tripod, its an Afghan....
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#19 ego7noob

ego7noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:22 PM

orgasm.:rolleyes:

EGO7 + VIRTUE BOARD + CURE 3 BOLT + ZICK KIT + CUSTOM GRIPS
DYE ROTOR, PROTO PRO AXIS, NXE PACK, CROSSFIRE TANK, AND A SEXY
TEDDY BEAR BARREL SOCK.

http://i1228.photobu...zAwMjkuanBn.jpg

#20 chadders

chadders

brb getting more tea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:47 PM

The you'd need the 9.1 foreshroud and, the Tiberius Rifled Barrel to start. I won't say anything more than that.

ok, it just with suppressors being legal over here i wanted to try it out on my 8.1
uk field list http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=122343 (work in progress) [Yankee Paintball] Mine's a little bigger then cute
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=146647 my mod app, help me help you(if you want if not then have a good day)

win

#21 UV Halo

UV Halo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:31 PM

then angled fore grip from magpul is intended to help stabilize an assault rifle for long range shooting... where as the vert fore grip is designed for CQB... its more ergonomic on a real right and serves no purpose in paintball other then looks... great looking project gun....

Afghani is the currency in Afghanistan... i you were referting to using a human as a tripod, its an Afghan....

Thanks! Thanks!

Just to be clear about the AFG, here's a quote from Magpul: "...takes into account natural body mechanics and provides a comfortable and stable user interface that reduces fatigue and allows for more precise weapon control. By positioning the shooter's hand high on the centerline of the bore, the AFG helps mitigate recoil and control the weapon, facilitating faster, more accurate follow-up shots."

I will edit my post about the human bipod, thanks for clearing that up :P

orgasm.:rolleyes:

Thanks!

ok, it just with suppressors being legal over here i wanted to try it out on my 8.1

A simple design based off of commercially available airgun suppressors (found in the UK) could do a good job for a T8.1 in my opinion. We can't go that route over on this side of the pond.

#22 chadders

chadders

brb getting more tea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:05 PM

A simple design based off of commercially available airgun suppressors (found in the UK) could do a good job for a T8.1 in my opinion. We can't go that route over on this side of the pond.

ok, and yea you can't in the states,

win

#23 Kenny22

Kenny22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:42 PM

Hide behind the deadbox and snipe fools
8/0/0 My Feedback-> http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=106962
STOKED

#24 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,053 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:17 AM

i know this sounds stupid but that looks exactily like the VSS sniperskia special from Battlefield Bad Company 2

#25 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

Been here since the beginning!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:03 PM

Uv, I have my t9.1 and seem to be wanting to keep it. Do you use this marker at your local field as this would be my only one. Very nice paint job and mod. I want to do the same idea as yours, but in a multicam color if that is possible.

I would obviously need to buy the Rifled barrel and FSR,but I would rather have stock with the hpa in int instead of a one with a remote line. I really like the modification. I shot my first strike through it and my jaw hit the floor. I have hits at around 500 feet, which was astounding. It's kind of hard to go off what you say since, you don't want to give details for other purposes.

I'm going to try and get a mock up of how you did it. Also, how did you make the see through mag panel? You must have cut it and put plexi glass or something over it.

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#26 UV Halo

UV Halo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:43 PM

i know this sounds stupid but that looks exactily like the VSS sniperskia special from Battlefield Bad Company 2

I can kind of see the resemblance- a short rail mounted mag, and a custom stock and it'd match up fine. If I had the mil-sim itch- I'd do it :P

Uv, I have my t9.1 and seem to be wanting to keep it. Do you use this marker at your local field as this would be my only one. Very nice paint job and mod. I want to do the same idea as yours, but in a multicam color if that is possible.

I would obviously need to buy the Rifled barrel and FSR,but I would rather have stock with the hpa in int instead of a one with a remote line. I really like the modification. I shot my first strike through it and my jaw hit the floor. I have hits at around 500 feet, which was astounding. It's kind of hard to go off what you say since, you don't want to give details for other purposes.

I'm going to try and get a mock up of how you did it. Also, how did you make the see through mag panel? You must have cut it and put plexi glass or something over it.

I use mine almost exclusively (I recently fired my first 1/2 case in over a year), at two local fields in my area. Duracoat sells a stencil and paint combo for a something very close (in not the same) as the multicam pattern.

The tank in stock is a great idea for some fields or games I play at. But, for consistency in my load-out, I use the same gear, year round.

The mag/ammo window, is a relatively easy mod- it just takes time, and patience. Basically, you cut a slot in the grip. The edges of this slot bevel in, and downwards. You cut a piece of thin acrylic (I cut a piece from a cheap all-acrylic picture frame I found in target), and bevel it so that it fits and rests in the slot. Then, you use the appropriate plastic glue of your choice to hold it in.

#27 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:18 PM

I would be using the 9.1 as my primary, as I adore the thing do death. Thanks for the info. Could you do work on the foregrip and suppressor as a start? You told another replyer this and I have those things.

I'm trying to decide if this should be my primary and only shoot first strikes, and have a loader on the side, or pick up a T8.

I'm looking to pick up some mulicam bdu's( are the spec ops one good), and I want that multicam dye i4's. I know the paintball bdu's are more breathable, but I am going in the military after high school, and I want something to train in

PS: thanks for the multicam. Found some and gonna go pick it up soon

Edited by SlovPeter, 22 June 2011 - 07:42 PM.

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#28 UV Halo

UV Halo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:35 PM

I would be using the 9.1 as my primary, as I adore the thing do death. Thanks for the info. Could you do work on the foregrip and suppressor as a start? You told another replyer this and I have those things.

I'm trying to decide if this should be my primary and only shoot first strikes, and have a loader on the side, or pick up a T8.

I'm looking to pick up some mulicam bdu's( are the spec ops one good), and I want that multicam dye i4's. I know the paintball bdu's are more breathable, but I am going in the military after high school, and I want something to train in

Sorry, I won't do mods for other folks as they are very time consuming to do by hand.

Whether to use this as your primary or not, it depends on your style of play. I'm a sneaky type so, it works for me. The hopper adapter is a challenge as you must eject the mag in order to switch to hopper feed, and back. My mod effectively prevents me from switching in game.

I can't answer about specopspb's camo as I can't get into the site to see how much they're charging for the one's you're mentioning.

#29 Zombie Afroshot

Zombie Afroshot

Vroom vroom.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:38 AM

Ever since the Woodstalker Ion, you've made me want to totally MilSim one of my markers, or buy one just for that reason.
Posted Image
Feedback4/0/0

#30 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:52 AM

Sorry, I won't do mods for other folks as they are very time consuming to do by hand.

Whether to use this as your primary or not, it depends on your style of play. I'm a sneaky type so, it works for me. The hopper adapter is a challenge as you must eject the mag in order to switch to hopper feed, and back. My mod effectively prevents me from switching in game.

I can't answer about specopspb's camo as I can't get into the site to see how much they're charging for the one's you're mentioning.

I can rather be sneaky so I think I will use it as my primary. I found a multicam painting guide, on Spec Ops Forums. It went off the duracoat scheme but while not using as much white/ tan.

I'm gonna look around for some bdu pants.

Does your vest fit over your little ghille helm ;P I want to do a bushrag, but I haven t really decided, since there are people that are experts in those things.

I'm also stuck on how you made the suppressor part of the foregrip. I know you went with a custom suppressor off a design of the stealth shroud, but I'm utterly confused. I want to do something this summer that is creative and challenging, and doing a mod with the foregrip and silencer would be one.

Edited by SlovPeter, 23 June 2011 - 02:21 PM.

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#31 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:57 AM

Bro your to sick, Call up Moati on Spec ops and do a Photo shoot with him.

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#32 UV Halo

UV Halo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:20 PM

I can rather be sneaky so I think I will use it as my primary. I found a multicam painting guide, on Spec Ops Forums. It went off the duracoat scheme but while not using as much white/ tan.

Does your vest fit over your little ghille helm ;P I want to do a bushrag, but I haven t really decided, since there are people that are experts in those things.

I'm also stuck on how you made the suppressor part of the foregrip. I know you went with a custom suppressor off a design of the stealth shroud, but I'm utterly confused. I want to do something this summer that is creative and challenging, and doing a mod with the foregrip and silencer would be one.

My biggest problem with BDU's is the severe fading on wear areas for the commercial stuff (elbows, forearms, knees, belly). It last 1/5th as long as issued materials. This is my biggest reason for using paintball attire. I suspect that the Dyecam will be the same way as the BDU's as it's also a 100% cotton material.

In most games I play I find bushrag to be of little value (you have to move too much unless you want to camp your starting point). making things worse is the reputation that they have with field operators due to users not adhering to "you're bounced, you're out".

Thanks. I met him at Living Legends 4 :P

#33 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:34 PM

My biggest problem with BDU's is the severe fading on wear areas for the commercial stuff (elbows, forearms, knees, belly). It last 1/5th as long as issued materials. This is my biggest reason for using paintball attire. I suspect that the Dyecam will be the same way as the BDU's as it's also a 100% cotton material.

In most games I play I find bushrag to be of little value (you have to move too much unless you want to camp your starting point). making things worse is the reputation that they have with field operators due to users not adhering to "you're bounced, you're out".

Thanks. I met him at Living Legends 4 :P

Thanks for the input, I would rather use a Bushrag when my field has big game's or I go to scenarios. Looks like on eof the only option are the spec ops stuff. What kind of UTG Rail covers are those ?

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#34 UV Halo

UV Halo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:38 PM

Thanks for the input, I would rather use a Bushrag when my field has big game's or I go to scenarios. Looks like on eof the only option are the spec ops stuff. What kind of UTG Rail covers are those ?

UTG Rubber Rail covers, like these.

#35 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:33 PM

Thanks, next I'm gonna try to replicate the shroud and foregrip as you made it. Looks like you cut down the foregrip or something along those lines. I wish I could meet you in person to show me how you intergrated the suppressor ;P

Edited by SlovPeter, 23 June 2011 - 07:42 PM.

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#36 Kanas

Kanas

684! Exit 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:26 PM

That is one sexy ass gun! But i have a question, did you build the remote line Asa in the back?
Posted Image
R.I.P BORG!

#37 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,883 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:28 PM

That is one sexy ass gun! But i have a question, did you build the remote line Asa in the back?

The ASA on T9.1s have a 1/8 threaded hole on the bottom for just that purpose. All you have to do is get a 45 degree elbow and a quick disconnect fitting.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 19 July 2011 - 03:28 PM.

Fear is the mind-killer

#38 UV Halo

UV Halo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:46 PM

Thanks!

It's just like Andrewthewookie said. There's one very minor annoyance with it though. Even with Loctite, it's surprisingly easy to pivot the elbow where it screws into the ASA. Now that I think about it, I may look into making, or having made, a plate that surrounds the elbow and anchors itself to the screw hole used for securing the 13/3K stocks. This would prevent the elbow from turning. It hasn't caused me a problem yet but, I am suspicious.

#39 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:50 AM

that is a marker worthy of a sight
Posted Image
are you a Musician? Join the club! click this to get there!--->Musicians Club Here!

#40 Kanas

Kanas

684! Exit 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:04 AM

So if i get the t9.1. do i have to add any fetured to use a remote line? and a standard remote line woudl work or what? thank you
Posted Image
R.I.P BORG!

#41 Kanas

Kanas

684! Exit 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:28 AM

Did you use spray paint then some cover or something? Because if you just spray painted it doesnt that come off easy?

Posted Image
R.I.P BORG!

#42 UV Halo

UV Halo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:54 AM

that is a marker worthy of a sight

Thanks!!

So if i get the t9.1. do i have to add any fetured to use a remote line? and a standard remote line woudl work or what? thank you

Yeah, a 45deg NPT Elbow, and the remote line nipple that's included in most remote line kits.

Did you use spray paint then some cover or something? Because if you just spray painted it doesnt that come off easy?

Nope, definitely no spray paint was used here. I used Duracoat an epoxy based coating meant for firearms that must be applied via airbrush. Very durable.

#43 Kanas

Kanas

684! Exit 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:57 AM

Would it work if i used spray paint then put a clear coating on?

Posted Image
R.I.P BORG!

#44 UV Halo

UV Halo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:01 PM

A proper spraypaint job, with a good clearcoat can, be somewhat durable. But, it will fall apart with use. There is no avoiding it.

Right now, I'd recommend Duracoating or at least hydrographics for refinishing a woodsball gun.

Spray paint is fine if you don't mind periodically re-doing it (it's cheap afterall).

#45 Kanas

Kanas

684! Exit 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:03 PM

Ya im poor(im 14) so spray paint is what im going to use after i buy a t9.1
Posted Image
R.I.P BORG!

#46 eXpoNentiaL12

eXpoNentiaL12

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 02:57 PM

SWEET!!

#47 Top Gun

Top Gun

Species 19

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:43 PM

that is one very sexy marker. Camo paint job is perfect.
Posted Image

#48 ThunderLights

ThunderLights

Turbocharged Member

• Members
  • 9,202 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:46 PM

Bad. Fucking. Ass

#49 Mexico

Mexico

Wut is hoonigan?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:24 PM

how did you do the remote line out of the stock?

#50 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,883 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:52 PM

how did you do the remote line out of the stock?

The T9.1s have an ASA on the back of the gun that the stock screws into with tank threads. There's a 1/8 npt fitting on the bottom that you can attach a remote line nipple to.

Posted Image

Fear is the mind-killer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users