10 replies to this topic

#1 ThunderLights

ThunderLights

Turbocharged Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,202 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:02 PM

so i gave .50 cal another good hard though after i watched mikes .50 cal LL4 videos, and i was wondering how it works out in scenario games, speed ball games, and if its worth it or not. also, how are some of the PE guns (etek 2, etek 3, ego 7/8) compared to the GI guns? also, how about price? will it work out to be cheaper or no? also how is the paint? because 4000 rounds of the GI paint is about equal to how much i pay for shitty hotbox paint so yeah. thank you.

#2 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,446 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:09 PM

it's a huge investment, and has uses within a certain context. At Living Legends, I shot 16,000 rounds and used 50 cal exactly for how it's supposed to be used for, lightweight suppressive fire.

That Nano setup was over $800. Yea it worked AMAZING, but there is a huge investment into getting a 50 cal setup. The minimum is a Planet Eclipse 50 Cal kit + Rapid Loader. That's $200 minimum investment.

Let me tell you, I didn't put up all the video, but I straight up MASHED people with the Nano. The suppressive fire capabilities are off the chain

#3 MDBaller18

MDBaller18

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:43 PM

if have been thinking the same thing but i have been looking at the GI micro50 is it any good at all

#4 PeanutWing

PeanutWing

Sleepy Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:34 PM

I think you would be happier with an Etek and a kit

#5 RIPB

RIPB

The Rhode Island Baller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:24 PM

if have been thinking the same thing but i have been looking at the GI micro50 is it any good at all

Its the .50 Cal version of the GOG Blackheart Extcy.
You would be better off with a PE gun and conversion kit.
My setup: Etha, Empire Prophecy, Ninja 50/4500

#6 Groundfire

Groundfire

Resident Crazy Croat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:53 PM

If you already own a PE marker, get a conversion kit.

#7 MDBaller18

MDBaller18

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:17 PM

yah i dont have a PE marker i wish i did tho might buy and etek this summer

#8 ThunderLights

ThunderLights

Turbocharged Member

• Members
  • 9,202 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:36 PM

so 4 cases of 4000 rounds? thats $320 on paint. jeez thats a lot but thats a lot of paint. im thinking etek 3 or ego 7 + .50 cal kit + kingman rapid loader, if i can find some .50 cal paint here in Canada.

#9 Groundfire

Groundfire

Resident Crazy Croat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:36 PM

You should be. GI Milsim has some.

#10 ThunderLights

ThunderLights

Turbocharged Member

• Members
  • 9,202 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:56 PM

You should be. GI Milsim has some.

so far unlucky.

#11 Doyle

Doyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:08 PM

it's a huge investment, and has uses within a certain context. At Living Legends, I shot 16,000 rounds and used 50 cal exactly for how it's supposed to be used for, lightweight suppressive fire.

That Nano setup was over $800. Yea it worked AMAZING, but there is a huge investment into getting a 50 cal setup. The minimum is a Planet Eclipse 50 Cal kit + Rapid Loader. That's $200 minimum investment.

Let me tell you, I didn't put up all the video, but I straight up MASHED people with the Nano. The suppressive fire capabilities are off the chain

I'm with Mike on this, figure a $200 investment if you already own an Ego which isn't terrible. You can recoup your money within like 5 cases or so.. I tested it out for a few months and was able to sell the conversion kit & loader for almost what I paid for it so no real loss there.

It works great but you have to realize its limitations, the loss of range means you need to get closer and be ready for people to not realize they're hit. I'd almost say you end up shooting more with .50 cal to compesate for distance loss/bounces/small break size.

The cost savings on paint is there, and for scenario when you're shooting a lot just as supression or you're closer up to targets & people are more likely to call out when you hit them its works great.

You could carry & shoot twice as much paint with out ever having to go back to reload.

I'd love to see an effeciency test of both a Ego w/ 50 cal kit & the nano... both with 68/45 tanks

NkdMangina on Pbnation, Doyle on Mcarterbrown, SCSUDoyle17 on YouTube, DoylesPaintball on eBay

Team Zero Sponsored by: Vintage Paintball Park, Empire Paintball, DoylesPaintball.com & LLPaintball.com
2nd Place Pump Division - Chicago NPPL 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users