4 replies to this topic

#1 PeanutWing

PeanutWing

Sleepy Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:33 AM

I'm going to post this with a certain mindset, so you may not think this way but here goes

If you decide to switch to .50 cal to save money, then please come in and read this

You decide to buy supposedly the only good .50 cal around (Formula 13) at a whopping $65 for 4000 rounds, now this stuff is supposed to be very nice and breakable, but so is JT .68 cal at Wal-Mart for only $50 for 4000 rounds...

Regardless it's .50 cal so your still going to be getting bounces and having to get closer to your opponents and even then having to aim for hard spots (Hopper, pack, etc...) So your going to be using even more rounds trying to get those money shots that they can't wipe, etc...

So are you really saving money? If I hit some guy in the knee with one ball of .68 cal the ref sees it fine, but I'll have to shoot him 3-6 times with .50 cal for the ref to see it...

So are you really saving money? Or playing the electronic version of pump?...

#2 BURN177

BURN177

super man that ho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:48 AM

But you are forgetting the main purpose of it, it is not meant to be some "sn1p0rz" round that's why they have 1st strike rounds. It is however meant to throw ropes to get peoples heads down. If i throw a rock and someone else throw 100 smaller rocks who are you more worried about? It was also designd as a less painful option for the yougner kids or older adults to get more people into the sport. I personally would not feel bad bunkering a 10 year old with 50 cal. but with 68? i would be a dick for doing it. IMO :tup:

#3 PeanutWing

PeanutWing

Sleepy Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:53 AM

But If I want to sling paint, I'll buy crap .68 cal that has the same bounce factor of .50 cal for $15 cheaper

In other words

Bounce factor
JT = .50 cal

Price (For 4000)
JT>.50cal

Visibility
JT>.50 Cal

And yeah, little kids and old people... But they all are in private groups... I'm talking about for walk-ons

#4 BURN177

BURN177

super man that ho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:19 AM

well I have played with 43 cal before so I can say from experience that it's nice to be able to play with something less painful. like how on saturday that ass hole lit me up, if that was 50 cal that would not have hurt nearly as bad. I want 50 cal to get big, I think it will expand the market, and your wrong they are not always private group. besides. 68 cal is so 1980 B)

#5 yzeem

yzeem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:26 PM

But If I want to sling paint, I'll buy crap .68 cal that has the same bounce factor of .50 cal for $15 cheaper

In other words

Bounce factor
JT = .50 cal

Price (For 4000)
JT>.50cal

Visibility
JT>.50 Cal

And yeah, little kids and old people... But they all are in private groups... I'm talking about for walk-ons

yes but you arent taking into account that with .50 the hopper holds over 350 balls and the pods hold about 300 I think, where as .68 you get 200 in a hopper and 140 in a pod if you are lucky. So with .50 you can carry less pods and but more paint and you can hold a lane for longer cause the hopper holds more than .68.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users