Photo

Gewn Owners V5 - Son, I Am Disappoint...

• Please log in to reply
1943 replies to this topic

#1701 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:36 PM

wow...

this is etekego1101 btw...

Thanks guy, enjoy your IP ban.

#1702 Vlocityfan104

Vlocityfan104

:O la gasp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:47 PM

owned

#1703 m4ndark

m4ndark

Heart is what wins tournaments - Fraige

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:32 PM

vic post on gewn owners club,
lol
Gewn Owners * Rotor Syndicate * HK Army Collective
Brazil- passionate baller

#1704 VICE_ROY

VICE_ROY

Stay Thirsty, My Friends...

• Members
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:22 AM

Mornin yall

Good to see ya Konnor haha I'll chat it up with you on bookface.

Edited by VICE_ROY, 22 January 2012 - 11:28 AM.

"I don't always shoot Spool Valves, but when I do, I prefer the Geo2" (The Most Interesting Man In The World)

"All the angles are at angles, there's a bumper inside the bumper, and the reg is completely air flow, flowing air faster in two different directions...and then they cross eachother. The bolt kinda like an Eclipse, it's just a keets-a-bobble. There's always varr-ubles, and you've gotta remember, uhh...there's always varr-ubles" (Bob Long in the G6R Video)

Gewn Owners V4 - Look at Your club, now back at Ours.

#1705 VICE_ROY

VICE_ROY

• Members
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:25 AM

My secrets? Idk. Both geo2's I've had I just set the board to microswitch, tweak the trigger a little, make sure it's shooting right at 300 and then shoot it. And well, with every gun I've used in a long time I always make sure the frame, ASA, and feedneck are snugged down but that's just a personal belief thing.

There's literally nothing to do with them. I tried shooting it at 14 ms of dwell and despite people sayin it's smoother there I didnt find that to be true. At lower dwells it feels a little oinky but you can dwell tune them after break in for efficiency. I would touch the dwell though.

It's a pretty boring gun, but for competitive play that's what IMO makes it the best.

14ms? You know the Geo2 is not a DM and higher Dwell really don't do anything to them.
Lower however,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHDEn9A-EYc&feature=plcp&context=C37ed391UDOEgsToPDskKUXpY3V0nDk0Y7AytnrNeV

Like I said, it's just something I heard of other people doing. I decided to try it, found it to be bull.
"I don't always shoot Spool Valves, but when I do, I prefer the Geo2" (The Most Interesting Man In The World)

"All the angles are at angles, there's a bumper inside the bumper, and the reg is completely air flow, flowing air faster in two different directions...and then they cross eachother. The bolt kinda like an Eclipse, it's just a keets-a-bobble. There's always varr-ubles, and you've gotta remember, uhh...there's always varr-ubles" (Bob Long in the G6R Video)

#1706 VICE_ROY

VICE_ROY

• Members
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:29 AM

Since I can't be bothered to open my manual again how often did you guys lube yours? Word on the street was that it doesn't need to be lubed as often as other spools.

No need to do it after every practice. 5 cases is a decent point to regularly service the bolt at. At one point I didn't touch each of my Geo2's for over 10 cases and nothing seemed to change. My current one has like 30 cases through it and is just chillin in my closet fresh off after a full service till I decide to play again (hopefully before spring I'll hit up Doodlebugs or something).

One of the beta testers shot half a skid worth of paint through the original Geo doing nothing but wiping paint off it and cleaning the barrel now and then.

Edited by VICE_ROY, 22 January 2012 - 11:31 AM.

#1707 CdnNinja

CdnNinja

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • 21,804 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:52 AM

Legit. I got to use mine yesterday at practice for the first time. A lot more comfy to me than my Ego. But I noticed some shootdown which seemed to happen sort of randomly. Like I'm talking 2-3 balls max every once in a while(first couple of shots). I'm thinking I should just relube it and see if that gets rid of it. Was really impressed with it though. It even feels better for those snake runs or long runs.

40k-1.png

#1708 VICE_ROY

VICE_ROY

• Members
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:02 PM

Well it's still cold so that can fuck with stuff. Pretty sure it'll be the last gun (high end $$$ at least) I ever buy.

Even though I think playing tournaments are a waste of money I wouldn't mind playing NPPL Vancouver just to say I did.

Edited by VICE_ROY, 22 January 2012 - 12:05 PM.

#1709 CdnNinja

CdnNinja

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • 21,804 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:06 PM

Go for it. Would be pretty badass.

40k-1.png

#1710 VICE_ROY

VICE_ROY

• Members
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:09 PM

Several of my buddies who have either "quit" or stopped playing tournaments have all talked about playing it.

That would be an epic team to make. A bunch of guys who's focuses in life are cars/gaming/fitness/clubbing in conjunction with work or school, and just play when they can and feel like it these days haha.

A good team name could come from that too.

#1711 VICE_ROY

VICE_ROY

• Members
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:11 PM

Hope I line up the construction job I want to this May for the summer. Would love to put a G in my savings and spend a couple hundred every 2 week paycheck.

#1712 CdnNinja

CdnNinja

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • 21,804 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:25 PM

Yeah that'd definitly be nice.

40k-1.png

#1713 m4ndark

m4ndark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:48 AM

i cant see myself playing paintball that it isnt on torneys and stuff like that.
i dont use paintball as a hobie or something just to play sometimes, if i had the oportunity to go to every single PSP/NPPL i would,
even if need to get a loan Posted Image but yeah, Vancouver will be pretty badass!

Edited by m4ndark, 24 January 2012 - 10:55 AM.

#1714 VICE_ROY

VICE_ROY

• Members
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:05 PM

Yeah I felt like that until I realised what devoting your money, and more importantly time (if you play once or twice every week, go in the internet about pb stuff lots, etc.) to things other than paintball with the same or better work ethic can get you.

I started to wake up and realize one day that a lot of the stuff I was doing is expensive and time consuming without much to show for it. All I have to show that I was crazy about paintball from like 2000 to 2005 and then late 2007 until sometime 2010 are some cheap medals, financial regrets, but to be a bit positive, some good memories and friends I met along the way. All I have to show for being nuts about racing Motocross (which I don't resent as much as PB) are again, some cheap medals, lots of money spent, a laundry list of substantial injuries that affect me to this day, but some good times. The only thing I find to be cool about how much I put into these two activities with dreams of "going pro" at them is that when I go out and do them once and a while you kind of get surprised by how well you can do at them.

I still plan to hit up practices and I still plan to go on a few motorcycle rides up the hill and possibly at the track (as well as DH biking at Whistler which filters similar skills) but like you said, it's gonna be a more occasional think than like every frickin weekend or something.

#1715 CdnNinja

CdnNinja

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • 21,804 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:36 PM

Meh, I'm sure I'll feel that way again by the end of the season. Switched over to Hooligans and we have a pretty solid team this year. Seems like I'm losing interest in more things so I've gotta stick to what I still enjoy that much more.

40k-1.png

#1716 VICE_ROY

VICE_ROY

• Members
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:38 AM

I can see that being a good outlook.

Anyone keep track of Pro teams? Who's looking good for dominating PSP this year?

I heard there was a team stationed out of Texas that will have Konstantin Federov, with Nick Sloviiak and some other Aftershock guys and shit. I dunno if that was a joke or not though.

#1717 CdnNinja

CdnNinja

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • 21,804 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:41 AM

Texas Heat IIRC.

It's legit as far as I know.

40k-1.png

#1718 bearman

bearman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:45 PM

Thinking about joining your club and picking up an ego 11. talk me into it haha. Posted Image

#1719 CdnNinja

CdnNinja

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • 21,804 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:49 PM

You need one or a big scary hairy ma will be under you're bed tonight. Bad things will happen to you however he will wine and dine you first.

40k-1.png

#1720 shadow4437

shadow4437

Agg.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:11 PM

Haven't played since October, and since June before that. I miss you guys, and I miss the sport, planning on getting started again.<br>
Posted Image

#1721 VICE_ROY

VICE_ROY

• Members
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:24 PM

Yo yall

#1722 m4ndark

m4ndark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

Yeah I felt like that until I realised what devoting your money, and more importantly time (if you play once or twice every week, go in the internet about pb stuff lots, etc.) to things other than paintball with the same or better work ethic can get you.

I started to wake up and realize one day that a lot of the stuff I was doing is expensive and time consuming without much to show for it. All I have to show that I was crazy about paintball from like 2000 to 2005 and then late 2007 until sometime 2010 are some cheap medals, financial regrets, but to be a bit positive, some good memories and friends I met along the way. All I have to show for being nuts about racing Motocross (which I don't resent as much as PB) are again, some cheap medals, lots of money spent, a laundry list of substantial injuries that affect me to this day, but some good times. The only thing I find to be cool about how much I put into these two activities with dreams of "going pro" at them is that when I go out and do them once and a while you kind of get surprised by how well you can do at them.

I still plan to hit up practices and I still plan to go on a few motorcycle rides up the hill and possibly at the track (as well as DH biking at Whistler which filters similar skills) but like you said, it's gonna be a more occasional think than like every frickin weekend or something.

yeah i know what you mean,
iam very young and i hope i wont regret all the money and time spent on it.
iam doing what i like, and it is more important than anything, i met so many people, travaled and laughed with friends.
actually, i dont see anything better to spent my money and time than paintballing, or on your case, paintball and motocross

Edited by m4ndark, 07 February 2012 - 12:39 PM.

#1723 xSKIERx

xSKIERx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:48 PM

How's it going guys? Finally got my Ego11, sold my Vicious Geo+ for $550 ($25 more than I bought it for haha) and got the Ego for $800. Only has 6 cases through it and shoots real nice.

Posted Image

I agree completely as far as paintball being worth it. Travelling the world with your friends, playing a sport you love and having some great times, couldn't be more worth it. Looking forward to playing PSP next season.

#1724 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:12 PM

Hi, guy.

#1725 CdnNinja

CdnNinja

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • 21,804 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:52 PM

*Looks at Ego*

*Looks at Stig's avatar*

Zomg, Garrus Colours!

Every time I try to turn on my gun is just says, "I'm sorry, I'm in the middle of some calibrations" and turns off.

40k-1.png

#1726 seriouslysilly

seriouslysilly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

nice marker!<br>

#1727 VICE_ROY

VICE_ROY

• Members
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:31 PM

Nice '11.

I felt like busting out my Geo2 the other day and ripping off some paint I've got kicking around but I think I'll be waiting til the weather is good, semester is chill or close to being done, etc. when the time is right to lay a hand on any of my pb stuff.

Edited by VICE_ROY, 21 February 2012 - 05:31 PM.

#1728 VICE_ROY

VICE_ROY

• Members
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:27 AM

Surrdead

#1729 VICE_ROY

VICE_ROY

• Members
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

This pic that's being tossed around everywhere should get people talking.

Check out the Geo2 frame of the guy behind the closest player to the camera, who is going for a pod.

Posted Image

#1730 m4ndark

m4ndark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

looks like a 11 grip. but just it

#1731 VICE_ROY

VICE_ROY

• Members
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:57 AM

The front of the frame looks fatter, like the solenoid is bigger. Lot of people hinting @ adjustable solenoid.

#1732 xSKIERx

xSKIERx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

That'd be sick. Reminds me of the photo of the Ego11 that surfaced from NEXL in 2010. Barely been playing, too busy, but my Ego shot great the one day I played. Definitely different from my Geo, doesn't feel any less smooth but maybe a touch louder.

#1733 Rotozip2

Rotozip2

BRO do you even autococker?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:16 PM

Was only a matter of time before I remembered to enter in here. Posted Image

ALSO! I made this one myself, gotta love random youtube pauses.

Posted Image

I never get wipers, blood is hard to wipe off.

Do it with style ~ Total Grief

I like autocockers and autococker accessories.

#1734 VICE_ROY

VICE_ROY

• Members
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

Haha that's not a bad one.

What's goin on with everyone? Any regulars still check around here?

#1735 Schven79

Schven79

Uber Member

• Members
  • 12,374 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

Just when I decided to start playing again I owe money for a bunch of stuff. Hope I can play next weekend.

#1736 xSKIERx

xSKIERx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

Just when I decided to start playing again I owe money for a bunch of stuff. Hope I can play next weekend.

Fox4 opens tomorrow.

Debating whether or not I want to buy a new set of pads.

Edited by xSKIERx, 23 March 2012 - 05:21 PM.

#1737 Vlocityfan104

Vlocityfan104

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:49 PM

hey guys is it worth tradeing my ego 8 + 200 bucks for a xfacter geo?

#1738 Schven79

Schven79

Uber Member

• Members
  • 12,374 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:06 PM

Fox4 opens tomorrow.

Debating whether or not I want to buy a new set of pads.

Fox 4 has been open but just on Saturdays. Do I know you?

If the pads you have are working roll with them, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

#1739 Slayer0fShad0ws

Slayer0fShad0ws

Haters Be Learners

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:42 PM

So after a 6-7 month break of partying I have decided to play this weekend, shit is going to commence...

Edited by Slayer0fShad0ws, 26 March 2012 - 11:42 PM.

#1740 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:33 AM

Attached File  Nokio.jpg   103.74KB   9 downloads

can has?

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#1741 Paintballer22

Paintballer22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:55 PM

Posted Image

#1742 CdnNinja

CdnNinja

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • 21,804 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:07 PM

Purdy.

Shootdown was caused by a bad battery.

I'm an idiot.

40k-1.png

#1743 VICE_ROY

VICE_ROY

• Members
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

Dough-p gewn

LOL Shitty. Sup Brandon?

hey guys is it worth tradeing my ego 8 + 200 bucks for a xfacter geo?

Depends if you think it is, on the gun's condition, etc.

I wouldn't mind an X-Factor Ego8. Those were the sickest 08's IMO and very few made.

Edited by VICE_ROY, 03 April 2012 - 12:49 AM.

#1744 Vlocityfan104

Vlocityfan104

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

well the xfacter geo is out but i have a offer of my ego8 + 150 bucks for a geo1 is that worth it?

Edited by Vlocityfan104, 02 April 2012 - 01:39 PM.

#1745 VICE_ROY

VICE_ROY

• Members
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

If you want a Geo, and that Geo at least has the GR2 (like it should). Adding almost $200 and does it have a GST?

#1746 Vlocityfan104

Vlocityfan104

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

its the brown one on trademygun and they dont say it has the gst or gr2 so idk

#1747 VICE_ROY

VICE_ROY

• Members
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

Well don't give it mote thought than finding out. If it doesn't have the gr2 then don't even bother. If gst'd then I'd probably do it.

#1748 Vlocityfan104

Vlocityfan104

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

knowing how trademygun works it probably has it and they dont know it

got a message that it has the gr2 kit on it so is it still worth it?

Edited by Vlocityfan104, 02 April 2012 - 09:15 PM.

#1749 VICE_ROY

VICE_ROY

• Members
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:49 AM

If you don't want the 08 anymore then sure, if the Geo is in good condition and everything.

#1750 Vlocityfan104

Vlocityfan104

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

its not that i dont want the 08 anymore its more along of im ready to move on to a diffrent style of marker or type

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users