5 replies to this topic

#1 PaintballHazard

PaintballHazard

Speedballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:12 PM

Ok, in the video by NXe titled "NXe JRNY Part 1" on YouTube the president of NXe said that the Jrny has taken them 2 years to develop it. The video was added in 2007, so they started working on it in 2005. In 2008 they stopped talking about it on the Jrny site www.nxejrny.com. The last update is about a game they added on the 18thwhile the last update about the Jrny on the 17th (To keep us distracted?). It's 2009 already and it's still not out.

No other hopper has had the design the Jrny has with the auger. I think they overestimated the Jrny by when it would be done, how it would work, ect.

Another thing I think is that they have realized that their design was a big flaw. They drew this thing up and didn't think about some of it's problems like popcorning.

Now, in 2005 they think of a hopper and they start drawing it up. 2007 they believe in this thing and announce that it is on its way. I have heard about 3 different release dates (World Cup 08, Commanders Cup 08, and Febuary 1st, 2009).

I don't think this thing will be released in all, but it might. It has been used in tournaments (like what Mike posted),but that might be for promotion. I would like to see it released, but I'm not holding my breath.

2005- Development begins
2007- NXe Jrny is announced
2008- NXe stops talking on the site after April 18th
2009- Still not released?
Indiana Member #2 Retired TechPB user

#2 justdizy

justdizy

The one called DIZY!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:17 PM

Yeah, what the hell ever happend to it? I also heard that they just gave up on it after Dye came out with the Rotor and Empire did the Prophecy. I guess the realized it just wouldnt compete with the compotition. Too many design flaws. It's sad, it looked kinda nifty.
YOUR MOM LOVES ME

#3 RL_33

RL_33

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:46 PM

Its eventually gonna be released, a guy talked to them directly and they said it was still going to be released. Until then, ill play with my prototype(its got the auger not the halo drive system).

#4 max_norman

max_norman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:31 PM

Its eventually gonna be released, a guy talked to them directly and they said it was still going to be released. Until then, ill play with my prototype(its got the auger not the halo drive system).

where did u get a prototype?

#5 bigvin95

bigvin95

Watch out behind you!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:44 PM

where did u get a prototype?

PBNation B/S/T.

#6 MW BSPB

MW BSPB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:06 PM

They had the jrny as part of a package with the Fx fusion for one dollar on ansgear
Save a Rock, Throw an Ion
The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users