8 replies to this topic

#1 DaLighter

DaLighter

Light you up on the field!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:35 PM

I've noticed lately when you read the latest post on a thread and then you go back to the section you are in, the "folder" to the far left of the title of the thread is still bright orange meaning there is something new that was posted in the thread. Ex: I posted in the "Rate the picture" thread in the photography section and once I go back to the photography section, I notice the icon on the far left of title of the thread is still bright orange instead of a faded orange. So I thought that there's something new posted, but it says I'm the last one to post. So it would be nice to have that feature back so I/we could know which threads we've looked at.

Thanks!

These are the icons ("folders") that I'm talking about. See bright orange for "New" and faded orange for "No New". Same with the blue too.

Forum Legend
Posted ImageNew RepliesPosted ImageNo New RepliesPosted Image Hot Topic (New) Posted ImageHot Topic (No New)Posted ImagePoll (New)Posted ImagePoll (No New)Posted ImageLocked TopicPosted ImageMoved Topic

Bob Long Protege, Ninja 50/45, Invert TOO, NXe pack, Draxxas Jersey/Pants

Draxxus Jersey and Pants

Everything open bolt now is *shooting like an ego* Just like everything "tastes like chicken"

#2 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:38 PM

Marker the forum as read and then the new system will look after you.

#3 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,931 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:38 PM

We do still have that feature, it works just fine for me. It has to be glitching on your end, not TechPB's end.

#4 DaLighter

DaLighter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:42 PM

@Slink say what? not quite getting ya
@TK Hmm, ok then. Must be I guess. I wasn't sure if it was changed with all the other changing that's been going on around here.

Edited by DaLighter, 09 June 2011 - 04:44 PM.

Draxxus Jersey and Pants

Everything open bolt now is *shooting like an ego* Just like everything "tastes like chicken"

#5 BaXTeR

BaXTeR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:32 AM

@Slink say what? not quite getting ya

At the very bottom of the forum index (home page) there is a link that says "mark board as read".
Posted Image

#6 DaLighter

DaLighter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:01 PM

Ah I see now. Thanks!

Draxxus Jersey and Pants

#7 DaLighter

DaLighter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:16 PM

Still have the problem when I do what slink suggested... Ideas?

Draxxus Jersey and Pants

#8 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:56 AM

yep i tried this too and the thread titles ALL went away (faded) and when people started posting it became colored again but i would reread the thread and then go back to lets say the paintball chatter index (not using the back button) and the thread's title didnt fade again? so do i have to keep clicking the mark as read button every time and mark EVERYTHING as read? please fixes this i rely heavily on this old feature
Posted Image
are you a Musician? Join the club! click this to get there!--->Musicians Club Here!

#9 DaLighter

DaLighter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:15 AM

yep i tried this too and the thread titles ALL went away (faded) and when people started posting it became colored again but i would reread the thread and then go back to lets say the paintball chatter index (not using the back button) and the thread's title didnt fade again? so do i have to keep clicking the mark as read button every time and mark EVERYTHING as read? please fixes this i rely heavily on this old feature

Thank you man! That's exactly what's happening to me! Atleast I'm not the only one!

I'm guessing this is more of a problem that anything else, so mods could you move this to the Bugs/Errors section.

Thanks

Draxxus Jersey and Pants

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users