• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mgeno216

mgeno216

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:41 AM

Hey guys I am having a problem with a Geo I just purchased.

Here is a summary of everything I know and have done.

Here is what I have tried:
-Changed the battery to a fresh, know-to-be-working battery.
-Restored the factory settings on the board.
-Tried shooting with the eyes off
-Tried using both opto and micro-switch setting.

Here are some additional details.
-The gun is recognizing trigger pulls, the icon on the LCD is changing.
-The eyes are working as they should and recognizing the ball when present
-The gun's solenoid is NOT making a clicking noise
-The wires to the solenoid look good on both ends (into the board and into the solenoid) and everything looks seated properly.
-There is a constant 5v on both wires going into the solenoid. I just tried to take some current readings, but with my extremely ghetto rigged set up it was hard to get it to work consistently, but anyways I was able to 25mA coming of one pin of the solenoid connector when the trigger was pulled, this wasn't consistent, which I believe that was due to my shoddy wire connections.
-The bolt gets moved back when gassed up and gets moved forward when degassed.

Hopefully someone here might have an idea on what else I can try. Right now I am leaning towards solenoid replacement. Let me know what you think

#2 Iktinos

Iktinos

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:18 AM

That's what it sounds like to me. If you are getting current to the solenoid, the board is registering trigger pulls, but the solenoid isn't doing anything, pretty much means the solenoid.

#3 mgeno216

mgeno216

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:12 AM

That's what it sounds like to me. If you are getting current to the solenoid, the board is registering trigger pulls, but the solenoid isn't doing anything, pretty much means the solenoid.

There are two reasons that I am hesitant to make that final decision. Honestly 25mA seems really low to me, maybe that is what it takes, but that is the same current draw as a small led. My other reason is that the gun who I bought it from guarantees me that it was firing just a day before shipping. Now I know that is reassurance doesn't really mean much, but the guy is very trustworthy and I believe he didn't send me a broken gun. I also don't believe that the solenoid broke during shipping since it was in the case, well packaged, and there was no damage to either the shipping box nor the case. I will try and find someone local to me who has a geo and I will switch solenoids to see if that changes anything.

Thanks for the reply

#4 Iktinos

Iktinos

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:31 AM

Well, I don't know the amperage for the solenoid, but if everything else works, and the solenoid isn't clicking, with good wiring and connections, there is a good chance that is the problem. If you have someone else with a Geo nearby, before you swap solenoids, do a check to see what the voltage and amperage is to that solenoid. That should give you an idea if everything else is working up to par.

One thing, anyone can say that they just shot a marker the day before, and then only cleaned it and sent it to you. And most of the time, I would even say 99% of the time, they mean it. But the prudent person who ships used markers to people makes a video, showing the day and time, of the marker shooting just before they go and package it for shipment, proving that it shoots just minutes before being sent to you. Also, if the marker does not shot, and you do determine that the solenoid is the culprit, the seller should reimburse you the cost of a new solenoid. That is if the seller claimed, especially publicly, that it shoots just fine and such. You will want to make sure that you get screen shots of the thread where it was advertised, and any messages between you both. From your low post count, I imagine that the deal originated over on the Nation.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users